Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vignetting in viewfinder

• 15-01-2016 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Hi

I sold a Canon 1D mark ii recently and the buyer has said to me that there is a vignetting around the viewfinder when he looks through it with a lens attached. He says that the vignetting is gone when the lens is NOT attached.

I've been looking online and some sites say it may be the focus screen but I am unsure.

I don't want to have to refund him if there is nothing wrong with the camera. I've kind of noticed this throughout my use of the camera but became so accustomed to it I barely noticed.It is only a very very slight vignette from what I remember .

Does anyone have any idea what this may be ? Is it a problem with the body or focusing screen ?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭patrickc68

this might be stupid of me ,but i wonder would he be using crop frame lens(efs/dc)instead of full frame (ef/dg),,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

patrickc68 wrote: »
    this might be stupid of me ,but i wonder would he be using crop frame lens(efs/dc)instead of full frame (ef/dg),,

That's what I was thinking but he said he tested it with a few different lenses and some of his Friend's lenses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Yeah nice one... I must have had this post on my mind... All my photos this morning had vignetting on it! *tut*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

samhail wrote: »
    Yeah nice one... I must have had this post on my mind... All my photos this morning had vignetting on it! *tut*

Huh?

Advertisement