Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Dublin 9

Options
  • 15-01-2016 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

I am not familar with Dublin 9 but am going to a restaurant on Carlingford road it is a residential area with parking meters was wondering is there anywhere around D9 I could park without the meters there doesnt seem to be a lot of spaces near the restaurant. I will only be there for two hours.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Unlikely. DC is locked down hard for public parking because of Croke Park.

You could try park on milmount or milbourne avenue, but that's a 10 minute walk to both ways andersons.

It's all green zone around there anyway I think, so only €1.60/hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

1.60 not bad i guess cheaper than trying to get two buses there. Would you believe I've never used a parking meter ha ha never had to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

miss choc wrote: »
    1.60 not bad i guess cheaper than trying to get two buses there. Would you believe I've never used a parking meter ha ha never had to

It's easy, you insert the money, press the green button and a ticket comes out and you put that on your dash so it's visible.

simples something the council doesnt make difficult for a change :rolleyes:

Drumcondra tricky enough for parking I see after Fagan's no right turns on Hollybank, Carlingford or Dargle road Can I make a right turn at millmount ave not the small ave before the millmount pub but the main millmount ave road can I turn right there I dont see a sign. Botanic road seems a bit hard for parking Im coming from Malahide road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

(Working on the assumption that you are going to a restaurant for an evening meal) Be sure to check the time on the parking signs as most parking restrictions end at 19:00.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,276 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Given that you are patronising a restaurant which is paying commercial rates to DCC, it really is ridiculous that the restaurant cannot validate your parking ticket.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

It was Andersons for brunch I got free parking before Carlingford Road so was all good, so were the crepes :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

OldGoat wrote: »
    (Working on the assumption that you are going to a restaurant for an evening meal) Be sure to check the time on the parking signs as most parking restrictions end at 19:00.

A lot of DC is until 0000, which is nuts... but mostly down to Croke Park.
    odyssey06 wrote: »
    Given that you are patronising a restaurant which is paying commercial rates to DCC, it really is ridiculous that the restaurant cannot validate your parking ticket.

Where do you draw the line though?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,276 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Hanley wrote: »
    Where do you draw the line though?

- applies to suburban parking zones (not city centre, not expected to have peak costs or parking charges)
    - 30 minutes free parking for every €5 spent, maximum of 3 hours

- QR code scanned on ticket and an online app to link your payment receipt in local shop to your parking ticket in its suburban zone of parking.
    - the parking zone would need a unique id, those neighboring the establishment are within its zone for validation

There would be an initial outlay on the system, but it would be a godsend for Dun Laoghaire, Clontarf, Howth (if they introduce paid parking in the harbour) and bring business back to the local areas. Instead we have people generating traffic, emissions etc going to further afield shops just for free parking.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
Advertisement