Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi homeplug

Options
  • 15-01-2016 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭

So my housemate has the home plug to send the connection through the house cables.

My question is can I get the connection into my room as well? Do they need to be the exact same make and model? I presume it can do 2 different rooms. Or would I be best off just getting one of those boosters into the hallway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You can, most follow the standards of AV1/AV2 etc so there should be inter-compliance.

Be aware, its a shared medium so if his pair currently manage 100Mbps then adding a third will drop the max bandwidth to 50Mbps. Depending on how fast your internet connection is and the quality of your mains wiring this may or may not be a problem.

Advertisement