Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to eircom ,getting 0.85mbs anyway to make it faster was told i would get 9mb

Options
  • 16-01-2016 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

so i did a speed test and it seems to only be running at 0.85mb which is barely able to load anything.. need help please :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

They're trying to badger you into taking Efibre

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Murphyfps

efibre inst available in my area yet but i can upgrade for free when it comes out in my area and same price :) so not to bad i need fast internet.. just 0.85mb is a joke can barely post this 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

Murphyfps wrote: »
    efibre inst available in my area yet but i can upgrade for free when it comes out in my area and same price :) so not to bad i need fast internet.. just 0.85mb is a joke can barely post this 
    Be happy, we've had 4 years of 0.9mbps.

serious? thats a joke! im not staying with them if this is the speed im going to get. very not happy with it already 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

so i did a speed test and it seems to only be running at 0.85mb which is barely able to load anything.. need help please :)
    Hi Murphyfps

Feel free to drop me a PM including your land line number and I'll look in to this for you

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement

serious? thats a joke! im not staying with them if this is the speed im going to get. very not happy with it already 
    Yes serious, less than 1km from a village 5 minutes from a town fully efibre enabled. The exchange was on the last for NGB and looks like it will be the same for even FTTC. Out here it doesn't matter who you call they'll all give the same so I'd imagine if you are in the same situation then 0.85 isn't going to get much better.

Yes serious, less than 1km from a village 5 minutes from a town fully efibre enabled. The exchange was on the last for NGB and looks like it will be the same for even FTTC. Out here it doesn't matter who you call they'll all give the same so I'd imagine if you are in the same situation then 0.85 isn't going to get much better.
    they said mine was 1mb i said it wasnt because i had sky and i had more than 1 mb on the line and then the live chat person said mine was 10mb once she rechecked it.. could be the same for you they might think your line is 1mb when its not .. check up on it man just incase! 

they said mine was 1mb i said it wasnt because i had sky and i had more than 1 mb on the line and then the live chat person said mine was 10mb once she rechecked it.. could be the same for you they might think your line is 1mb when its not .. check up on it man just incase! 
    My situation is that Eircom, Sky and Vodafone all confirmed the most we'd ever get is around 2mbps which as of a few days ago we seem to be getting now (1.75mpbs). FTTC is going into the village this year so there's a chance that people just outside (less than 1km) might benefit from that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi Murphyfps

We are just back here today after the outage - Did you manage to get faster speeds yet and have you recieved your new modem?

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mayobumblebee

Have had 8 call outs and three new modems the line I'm told is 12meg we max at 2 on a good day. electrician called and the line can only handle 5 ever. It's a ploy to get your cash

• Advertisement
Advertisement