Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Petcock/fuel tap issues

• 16-01-2016 12:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭

Got my tank together this morning and got it on the bike to try fire it up.
    It was only when i got the tank on that i figured out the outlet valve (in the pic attached) has either been misplaced or was not there to begin with.
    My question is would an outlet valve from a hardware store be sufficient enough if i stuck it into the fuel tap with some tec7 and made sure the line was clear?
    Im a bit worried that petrol would dissolve or weaken adhesive.
    The bike is a jellymould cbr600 and after trying a good few places today its going to be hard to get a 2nd hand 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

djflawless wrote: »
    Got my tank together this morning and got it on the bike to try fire it up.
    It was only when i got the tank on that i figured out the outlet valve (in the pic attached) has either been misplaced or was not there to begin with.
    My question is would an outlet valve from a hardware store be sufficient enough if i stuck it into the fuel tap with some tec7 and made sure the line was clear?
    Im a bit worried that petrol would dissolve or weaken adhesive.
    The bike is a jellymould cbr600 and after trying a good few places today its going to be hard to get a 2nd hand 1

pic..??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Dont try sticking anything to the tank with any kind of adhesive.
    It will fall off and cause fuel to go everywhere with bad results.
    Lings still list that petrol tap here and there must be plenty of them secondhand on ebay or even David silver spares or wemoto.
    Micksgarage do Honda parts as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Looked up lings thanks for suggestion. 74 notes for a fuel tap!!! no chance! Ill try micks and maybe it might be there cheap
    Pic wont upload but its the little brass fitting that protrudes from fuel tap to fuel line

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

You could make one for a few cents no prob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

You could make one for a few cents no prob.

Thats what im thinking as its only the valve missing. Local hardware isnt worth a fiddlers fart so will try some decent places monday

• Advertisement
Advertisement