Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where is some decent snow to bring a 4 year old

Options
  • 16-01-2016 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

Hi

Can somebody let me know if there is any decent snow fall close to dublin or north Wicklow that I could bring a 4 year old. A cross country trip isnt really an option, he gets frustrated being cooped up in the car. Ideally a 30 min drive away. But somewhere we could build a snow man and have a bit of fun.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

bren2002 wrote: »
    Hi

Can somebody let me know if there is any decent snow fall close to dublin or north Wicklow that I could bring a 4 year old. A cross country trip isnt really an option, he gets frustrated being cooped up in the car. Ideally a 30 min drive away. But somewhere we could build a snow man and have a bit of fun.

Thanks in advance

I was up at three rock last week, very decent snow. Takes about 1 hour to walk to the top. It's near enough marlay park.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Now that's what more parents should be doing,my dad used to drive me up to the top of Cratloe hill when I was a kid.
    I'm now 40 but I can still remember it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,643 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Now that's what more parents should be doing,my dad used to drive me up to the top of Cratloe hill when I was a kid. I'm now 40 but I can still remember it.

Agree.
    Fair play to the OP for trying to put their child in position to enjoy real life experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭bren2002

Threerock sounds promising I'm familiar with that area. It would be good to get a fresh piste report though.

Ps. Thanks for the parenting compliments. The kids are in creche all week so we try to do stuff with them at the weeekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭james1234

Same here, love a good scoot down a snowy hill with the little fella!
    Any reliable reports, wet in city, will snow still be around on higher ground?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Going to bump this,would love to head up in the morning if anyone knew where there was a decent bit of snow. I know the overnight weather may not do it any favours :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,968 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Great idea. Better than the Lapland stuff.

I could see the snow on the Dublin mountains from my kitchen window today.

I'd love to go up there, but a bit wary of the driving conditions!

Go for it. And wrap up well. We are fortunate to have snow, ice, the sea, the mountains all near the city aren't we.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Now that's what more parents should be doing,my dad used to drive me up to the top of Cratloe hill when I was a kid.
    I'm now 40 but I can still remember it.

And you found your own way home every time? Fair play!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭weldon

Not looking promising for Three Rock as of today.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98437503&postcount=1231

Advertisement