Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help choosing a new electric shower

Options
  • 16-01-2016 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭

Asked this one over in the plumbing and heating forum, but as of yet no replies.

Keen to get the new shower asap (today would be good) so going to stick the query up here also

(Mods delete please if any problem)

I have had a Mira elite in my ensuite since moving in (New build) almost ten years ago.

Back in June I had to have the brushes replaced, but it has given up the ghost once again, (not sure if pump/*brushes but it aint working) and in have decided to replace it once and for all.

Argos have a few that seem to get decent reviews, but shower shopping isn't exactly something I do be at regularly, so am a bit clueless.

Does anyone have any recommendations to a certain shower?

Where will I get best value for money (ie a dedicated plumbing/bathriom suppliers v Argos or similar)

What are the important factors to look out for in shower specs (I like my showers to be fairly powerful with a decent sprinkle of water)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

So your looking for a pumped electric shower. There's a thread here somewhere from before Christmas that I started on a Saturday.

For pumped electric shower there is really only Mira Elite or Triton. They are much the same price, give or take a few euro. Seems to be unified pricing across suppliers.

Had an elite already, so going for another one would of been an easy option, just whip out one and put in another. But in the end went for the triton, very happy with it. Its slightly bigger unit and not as nice looking, but its much better. The quality of the shower head, rail, riser kit much butter too.

I managed to reuse one of the Mira Elite screw holes for the Triton and the Triton unit covered the other top screw hole from the Elite. For the two unused screw holes just inject some TEK7 or Silicone.

Got the shower in B&Q, It was €219.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

So your looking for a pumped electric shower. There's a thread here somewhere from before Christmas that I started on a Saturday.

For pumped electric shower there is really only Mira Elite or Triton. They are much the same price, give or take a few euro. Seems to be unified pricing across suppliers.

Had an elite already, so going for another one would of been an easy option, just whip out one and put in another. But in the end went for the triton, very happy with it. Its slightly bigger unit and not as nice looking, but its much better. The quality of the shower head, rail, riser kit much butter too.

I managed to reuse one of the Mira Elite screw holes for the Triton and the Triton unit covered the other top screw hole from the Elite. For the two unused screw holes just inject some TEK7 or Silicone.

Got the shower in B&Q, It was €219.
    Triton T90Z - same price in Woodies for a good while now. It might be a nearer store to the OPs location.

Advertisement