If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New tv

Options
  • 16-01-2016 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

Alright Lads,
    Interested in the Sony 43w755. Can it be delivered to duublin?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

PCDub wrote: »
    Alright Lads,
    Interested in the Sony 43w755. Can it be delivered to duublin?
    Hi PCDub, thankas for your post

Yes we have the Sony 43w755 currently listed at €629 inlcluding our 6 year guarantee and delivery to anywhere in Ireland - http://euro.richersounds.ie/cssearch.aspx?searchterm=43w755&swapstore=1

We have these available from stock in Belfast, so could be shipped out on a next day service.

If you would like to order, drop me a PM with your contact details and I can give you a call, or phone me on 0044333 900 0070 opt2

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Any chance of getting the sterling price?

The sterling price for this one is £429, but that would only cover deliver within Northern Ireland. For delivery to Dublin, paying in sterling, a standard delivery charge of £6.99 would apply

Cheers
    Brian

The sterling price for this one is £429, but that would only cover deliver within Northern Ireland. For delivery to Dublin, paying in sterling, a standard delivery charge of £6.99 would apply

Cheers
    Brian
    Will go with that. My details should be on the system, have bought 1 or 2 things from rs in the past :).

Cheers
    Brian
    Will go with that. My details should be on the system, have bought 1 or 2 things from rs in the past :).
    Cheers PCDUB, will give you a shout today if that suits

Brian

• Advertisement

Cheers for the call Brian. Looking forward to setting up the new TV.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Cheers for the call Brian. Looking forward to setting up the new TV.
    no probs, all sorted at this end, and requested thursday delivery for you.

Any problems just drop me a post/pm

Brian

Tv arrived, setup and applying updates. Great service as ever, Cheers Brian & RS.

Hey PCDUB

Glad you are up and running :D 

Thanks once again for the order.
    Tv arrived, setup and applying updates. Great service as ever, Cheers Brian & RS..

Hi Lads
    Any advice on setting up this tv.  It was bought to replace my trusty 37pfl5405 and mainly for football but I've found its motion handling to be below the Philips and the dirty screen effect when panning is very noticeable. I've played around with various settings and even ran both TVs side by side and while I've got the motion handling nearly up to par the DSE is still very noticeable.  Any input welcome, Google cast is class though.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Lads
    Any advice on setting up this tv.  It was bought to replace my trusty 37pfl5405 and mainly for football but I've found its motion handling to be below the Philips and the dirty screen effect when panning is very noticeable. I've played around with various settings and even ran both TVs side by side and while I've got the motion handling nearly up to par the DSE is still very noticeable.  Any input welcome, Google cast is class though.
    PC - apologies for the delayed response - I'll ask the guys to set it up in store tomorrow and optomise it and give you a shout - what source are you using?

( and unfortunately your 5405 and that generation of Philips were the motion control maestros! - I do miss them :( )

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Cheers for the reply John. Yeah the 5405 is a great set, as all 5 tvs I bought from RS are (still have 4 of them).  
    Im usimg sky and freesat both sd and the free hd channels.  Being watching the tennis and its a bit like the players are firing comets at each other and its similar with football but the big thing is panning.  Watched the pool match last night on sp1 sd and the dse was very noticeable while panning so switched over to bbc hd and the dse did reduce but I noticed a bit of judder while panning.
    Ive tried all the motion settings and dont notice a major difference between them apart from brightness.  I also turned off all motion handling settings,  as I have done from day 1 on the 5405, but still the same. 
    Not sure what the native hz and response time on the panel are but was hoping lcds had improved in the last 6 years to a stage were I wouldnt have to do lots of research before buying, which I admit I didnt do this time.
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers for the reply John. Yeah the 5405 is a great set, as all 5 tvs I bought from RS are (still have 4 of them).  
    Im usimg sky and freesat both sd and the free hd channels.  Being watching the tennis and its a bit like the players are firing comets at each other and its similar with football but the big thing is panning.  Watched the pool match last night on sp1 sd and the dse was very noticeable while panning so switched over to bbc hd and the dse did reduce but I noticed a bit of judder while panning.
    Ive tried all the motion settings and dont notice a major difference between them apart from brightness.  I also turned off all motion handling settings,  as I have done from day 1 on the 5405, but still the same. 
    Not sure what the native hz and response time on the panel are but was hoping lcds had improved in the last 6 years to a stage were I wouldnt have to do lots of research before buying, which I admit I didnt do this time.
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi PCDub.

Just a little post to check if the screen has settled any after getting run in for a few weeks at this point.

The Sony states 800Hz at their Motionflow XR they state:
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Manufacturers now use their own measurements so can not necessarily be compared between brands. Examples include LG - Motion Clarity Index (MCI), Samsung - Clear Motion rate (CMR), Philips - Perfect Motion Rate (PMR), Sony - Motionflow XR and Panasonic - BLS (Back Light Scanning). All these figures are twice or more than the traditional 100Hz/200Hz refresh rate figures. No abbreviation indicates traditional measurement.[/font]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.