Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TK Maxx finally opening in Douglas

Options
  • 16-01-2016 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

Work is well underway by the looks of it with a March opening planned - hopefully it will breathe some life into Douglas village

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Andip wrote: »
    Work is well underway by the looks of it with a March opening planned - hopefully it will breathe some life into Douglas village

Where in Douglas? I live there but haven't seen any sign of it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

In Douglas shopping centre, next to the bank of Ireland I believe. Looking forward to mooching around in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Andip wrote: »

When were you last in Douglas? The place is on the up over the last 2 years. However i agree it is great to see extra life going into that centre. I just wish they could do something about the tail backs from their multi storey car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

I've been in a few TK Max stores and have found that they vary greatly in terms of the stock. Hopefully the one in Douglas won't be just a badly stocked version of the one in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Guess the SC will lose access to BOI from the SC itself.
    The kids play area is closed at the moment, anyone know if it will reopen?

I only noticed only two units that remain boarded up in the SC. There's also the unit where they had Santa's grotto. It does feel like there was significantly more that were not in use previously, so hopefully it's a good sign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

kub wrote: »
    When were you last in Douglas? The place is on the up over the last 2 years. However i agree it is great to see extra life going into that centre. I just wish they could do something about the tail backs from their multi storey car park.

Agree, wasn't knocking Douglas, I'm there a couple of times a week, just Douglas village isn't a place I'd go to mooch around, more that I'd be there for specific items, Tesco, butchers, post office etc, but with TK Maxx on board, I'm much more likely to go for a wander.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Deer wrote: »
    In Douglas shopping centre, next to the bank of Ireland I believe. Looking forward to mooching around in there.

Does that mean the children playground is gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Barr wrote: »
    Does that mean the children playground is gone?
    It's not gone, but it was closed this weekend (lights out, sectioned off).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

It's not gone, but it was closed this weekend (lights out, sectioned off).

Hope they keep it , very handy place for the kids on a rainy day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rightofwayed

Barr wrote: »
    Hope they keep it , very handy place for the kids on a rainy day :)

It's gone and wont be coming back I'm afraid. They are putting a new entrance in place inside the SC for BOI and the TK maxx entrance will be next to that. The new TK Maxx store is huge!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

It's gone and wont be coming back I'm afraid. They are putting a new entrance in place inside the SC for BOI and the TK maxx entrance will be next to that. The new TK Maxx store is huge!!

Really? That's an shame. :(

I was in there today and they were painting the play area. I just assumed it was a touch up and would be reopening.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

Any chance they'll move it to one of the other empty units?? That place is a life saver, there's nothing else for small kids if it's raining!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

TK Maxx is going into what was the Tesco in the old centre. The unit has been left as an empty shell since the re-development, in behind the units on your left as you walk from BOI towards Tesco. The place is massive, and would be larger than their spot in town I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

It's open again- just was closed while they put up partitions.... Phew!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rightofwayed

That'll learn me for listening to a staff member in the SC! Glad to hear it has reopened!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭moyners

That'll learn me for listening to a staff member in the SC! Glad to hear it has reopened!

It's lost a small portion of one corner where they've reinstated BOI's access from the centre but otherwise it's untouched :)

Advertisement