Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using progesterone tablet for pregnancy

Options
  • 16-01-2016 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Teeny88
    Posted 4 hrs ago
    Hi everyone..im currently 5wks2days..ive been put on vag progesterone dur to having to previous miscarriages..ive been on it a week and a half now..the other day and last night i had a bowel mvement(sorry)an had a very light pinkish spotting jst when i wiped..also sometimes experience a brownish mark on pantyliner..it a bit strange..could this b from the left over bits of the tablet coming out?
    Jst very nervous due to past preganancies..be great if onr had similar experience
    Thanks in advance
    Teeny88

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Hi

I was on progesterone injections rather than pesseries at 5 weeks but I had some spotting, esp after BMs, and it made me really scared.

At my 6 week scan they could see a little blood in my uterus, probably from implantation they thought, which was leaking out. My two embryos were fine though.

I know how scary any sight of spotting can be but the clinic told me it is common enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 twikkletoes14

brokensoul wrote: »
    Hi

I was on progesterone injections rather than pesseries at 5 weeks but I had some spotting, esp after BMs, and it made me really scared.

At my 6 week scan they could see a little blood in my uterus, probably from implantation they thought, which was leaking out. My two embryos were fine though.

I know how scary any sight of spotting can be but the clinic told me it is common enough.

Thanks a million..still having a very faint faint pink colour on panty liner with no BMs today..
    Been lyin in bed all day cant help think the worst.
    Thanks for ur helpx

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Teeny88
    Posted 4 hrs ago
    Hi everyone..im currently 5wks2days..ive been put on vag progesterone dur to having to previous miscarriages..ive been on it a week and a half now..the other day and last night i had a bowel mvement(sorry)an had a very light pinkish spotting jst when i wiped..also sometimes experience a brownish mark on pantyliner..it a bit strange..could this b from the left over bits of the tablet coming out?
    Jst very nervous due to past preganancies..be great if onr had similar experience
    Thanks in advance
    Teeny88

I was on progesterone pessaries for the first 12 weeks. I remember at about the same timeframe as you, I had a tiny bit of pinkish spotting and I was really worried. My clinic said not to worry that it can happen with the progesterone, but also that it could be the remains of implantation. I had no pain, so they said unless it got worse or I had pain not to get too worried. You will get a lot of discharge with the pessaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shinnyjosiedan

I was on crinone for 13 wks and the pink spotting is probably just your cervix being irritated by the progesterone. If you are worried, give your doctor a call.

Advertisement