Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizon Box and VPN

Options
  • 16-01-2016 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

I am looking to set up a vpn using my horizon modem (i have a strongVPN subsription). I have a second modem that I use for my actual wifi so the horizon modem is disabled at present but I want to set up this as a vpn whilst leaving my other modem as it is for normal use.

Is there a thread which can answer this? Im extremely hungover so could have missed it when i looked before writing this!

any help is much appreciated!

Mega.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

99% sure you can't, I don't have one of them but as the weakest of all VMs offerings and considering none of the others can connect to PPTP/IPSec I'd be shocked if this could.

If you want one VPN and one non-VPN network a bridged VM modem will allow you to have 3 routers behind it each with their own connection so you could purchase a second "real" router.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 gsm_42

do you have "Vpn Pass Through" set on your modem/router?

Advertisement