Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skylake users will have to upgrade to W10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Click bait-y title that.

You dont HAVE to upgrade, you'll still be in the security channel so you just wont get new SaaS features as 10 becomes 10.1, 10.2 and so forth. Not like many people actually use Cortana or Edge as is right now.

I'd still build with 7 if it wasnt for bloody DX12.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

^ This.

As a Win10 user, I wish I was still on 7. The second 7 gets DX12 support, I'll be moving back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Serephucus wrote: »
    ^ This.

As a Win10 user, I wish I was still on 7. The second 7 gets DX12 support, I'll be moving back.

No previous Microsoft OS will get Dx12.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I know.

I don't really get everyone hailing Win10 as an amazing OS either. Sure, there are lots of improvements there over 8, but "You have to fight way less with this OS to get it to do what you want" is hardly a ringing endorsement.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Serephucus wrote: »
    , but "You have to fight way less with this OS to get it to do what you want" is hardly a ringing endorsement.

It is Windows you're talking about, so in that aspect Microsoft might even adopt that as an advertising campaign :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement