Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quay West Car Sales

• 16-01-2016 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Anybody have any reviews on the above? Thinking of getting a car from them and would like to hear from anyone who has bought from them.
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭Mintoe

Avoid, they sell a lot of insurance write-off's that have been repaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭chancer12

OMG, so glad to read this. Was just about to contact them with what seemed like a 'very good value' Fiesta! Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acronym Chilli

I've no such horror story, but I did go to look at a car from those guys and wasn't impressed with the car or the sales-folk. I personally wouldn't have ruled out buying from them, but I would be uneasy and it would definitely be a "keep your eyes open"/caveat-emptor scenario.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Mintoe wrote: »
    Avoid, they sell a lot of insurance write-off's that have been repaired.

Is this true? I'm interested in a car from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭Mintoe

Is this true? I'm interested in a car from there

I wouldn't have posted it if it wasn't true. There's nothing wrong with buying an previous write off repair as long as:

1. The car has been repaired to a good standard using good quality parts and by qualified and skilled professional repairers, get the car independently assessed by a qualified automotive engineer and not just a mechanic.(nothing against mechanics)
    2. The retail price is 20-25% cheaper than other equivalent non write off repaired cars
    3. The dealer tells you it was as write off repair, this IS a legal requirement when it's a dealer selling the car
    4. You're aware that the insurance company that wrote off the car may decide never to insure that car again but other insurers probably will as insurers don't share write off info
    5. It may well prove difficult to sell on or trade it in in the future

BUYER BEWARE!!!!! Do your homework before parting with €

• Advertisement
Advertisement