Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

16/01/2016 RTE Radio gone from my Internet radios

• 16-01-2016 8:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭

I got up today to find that all RTE stations were no longer working on my 2 internet radios. I have a Roberts 93i and a Denver IR-100. I checked other Irish radio stations (Newstalk + some local ones) and they were all loading fine as were the BBC stations.
    Later I tried manually inputting the urls from the RTE website into the Denver radio and they work fine. But the ones that I had in my favorites/presets still don't work. Anyone know why, did RTE change the station urls or something today?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Meself

Same happening here. Can't get through the Internet. Must be something up with their streaming service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

There are hospital radio stations that have more reliable streams than RTE radio

They must have very poor systems in place, they never quickly resolve these matters

Have noticed 'errors' and broken streams for days at a time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭wagtail99

I sent RTE (hearus@rte.ie) an email early this afternoon - 14h15, and just now - 17h45 - checked and the RTE Radio streams were back up. I don't know if my email made a difference or it was just the normal time it takes for these things to be fixed.
    Anyhow good that they are back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

wagtail99 wrote: »
    I sent RTE (hearus@rte.ie) an email early this afternoon - 14h15, and just now - 17h45 - checked and the RTE Radio streams were back up. I don't know if my email made a difference or it was just the normal time it takes for these things to be fixed.
    Anyhow good that they are back.

It's my considered opinion that your email was the factor in having the feeds restored

As previously posted, they're technically and systems wise inept

Advertisement