Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never say never

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

Murph_D wrote: »
    Well done A - finishing stretch sounds like a nightmare, more corners than Berlin marathon. ;). Good stuff, especially after your recent dose!

Thanks Murph hope the last week of training goes well for you it's all done and dusted now.

spaceylou wrote: »
    Well done MrsMc, especially when you weren't 100 percent recently! Hope recovery continued to go well over the weekend :)

Thanks yes I'm feeling back to myself now thanks so onwards to the terenure 5 mile. No recovery run yesterday unfortunately was travelling for work.

Monday Pilates a good class lots of core work.

Tues rest day

Wed 4 miles easy avg pace 10.20 this was a straight in the door after a late evening in work (what is it about taking a few days off work everyone thinks the world is going to end) straight into the running gear and out and gave out to my running buddy about work as we ran.Very therapeutic run didn't notice the miles tick away splits 10.00, 10.08 (these were the giving out miles!!) 10.23, 10.52 ( back to normal chat !!).

Thurs a planned finish of 4 today and a run. didn't happen, late in work, lots to do after work life got in the way no running p*ssed off. Plan to get up early before going to the airport in the morning was not well received, no point in stressing himself out before Boston so will pack the running gear and hopefully will get a few miles in in Boston. Still haven't packed my case, off to Boston to support FBOT on his sub 3 hour attempt and on cheerleading duties with AnnaP for murph and yaboya.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Have a great trip and keep us posted !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Have a great weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭diego_b

Have a great trip and best wishes to FBOT on his attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

WAGs on tour here we come!!

It seems we're not invited to the 'boards run' on Sunday morning, or is it just me?? :p

annapr wrote: »
    WAGs on tour here we come!!

It seems we're not invited to the 'boards run' on Sunday morning, or is it just me?? :p

Didn't even know there was one we can just tag along behind !!!

Thanks all for good the good wishes have passed them onto himself. All packed and good to go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Enjoy support "duties" A and make sure you at least have a view from the bar when they pass :D

Fri 15th travelling to Boston. No early morning run so as not to cause any undue stress !! After checking into the hotel we headed to the expo with FBOT, Murph and AnnaP. Marathon fever is definately present. Place is full of runners wearing Boston marathon jackets from various years real air of excitement about the place. Still adjusting to Boston time zone so early to bed after an early dinner.

Sat 16th early to bed Friday night resulted in being awake at stupid o'clock. Full of the joys after a great sleep FBOT and myself met Murphd and AnnaP at 6 am for a run along the river. FBOT and Murph left us for dust at their easy pace so Anna and myself had a nice leisurely run at our easy pace taking in the sights and enjoying our run. Did 4.8 miles avg pace 10.43. What a fab morning. FBOT and myself Headed down to watch the 5km breakfast run again atmosphere is electric running fever everywhere (willing myself not to get sucked into it and considering DCM again yikes !!!) and did a hop on hop off tour for the afternoon to save the legs, checking out FBOT's J1 accommodation from a million years ago and the shop he used to work in (photo op moment !). Met up with Murph, Anna and Yaboya for an early dinner. lads were in good form, relaxed, and just looking to get the job done Monday.

Sun 17th. Another early to bed night meant a great sleep yet again so organised to meet AnnaP at 7 this morning for a run. The lads were having their boards meet up run later in the morning so left murph and FBOT and we headed out to another beautiful morning in Boston. Anna is a hard task master with our first km up a god awful hill !! But onto Boston Common where everyone was out running checking out the course for Monday. Ran through some lovely areas of Boston with Anna as my personal sat nav as my sense of direction is brutal I was placing my full trust in her that we wouldn't get lost. Did a reci of the last mile or so of the course and where might be good for us to support tomorrow. Ran back by the river which was lovely. Decided we would start saying good morning to our fellow runners to see if they would respond !! A lovely run , 7 miles avg pace 10.54. After a breakfast of buttermilk pancakes maple syrup and bacon yuuuuummmm heading off now to check out the shops for a while. Pasta dinner planned for later with some others from boards and then tomorrow is D day. Lads are very relaxed and composed in the zone I would say. Think they are just dying to get it over with now. Weather is gorgeous hoping that the temp doesn't rise too much as there is still a lovely crispness in the air. Perfect conditions for running hopefully it lasts. Delighted to have run the last two days weekly mileage not as bad as I was expecting it to be.

Until tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Mrs Mc wrote: »
    (willing myself not to get sucked into it and considering DCM again yikes !!!)

Yeah yeah that all sounds lovely, whatever, now down to business DCM yes??!!! Deadly, meet you in pen c around 8.45am and then afterwards for champers :cool:

Firedance wrote: »
    Yeah yeah that all sounds lovely, whatever, now down to business DCM yes??!!! Deadly, meet you in pen c around 8.45am and then afterwards for champers :cool:

Ah I'm only getting caught up in the atmosphere AM it will pass :)

Ah I'm only getting caught up in the atmosphere AM it will pass :)

That happened me last year. And it did :D

Monday 18th April on cheerleading duty in Boston. Super day on the sidelines and have to say was glad to be on the sideline for this one and not running as FBOT, Murph and Yaboya showed they are made of strong stuff braving the sudden rise in temperatures of the day which proved to be a serious challenge for them in completing the marathon distance. Was glad to see FBOT in good spirits and that he had decided to make the most of the experience despite the heat and injury. Super proud as always of him but very disappointed for him not have reached his sub 3 target knowing what a huge effort he has put into training in the last few months, ah well you can't win em all :) Some well earned pints had afterwards and lots of talk about the challenges of the day and what was on the plan next, some never running marathons again, but that plan will pass I am sure !!

Tuesday 19th April travel home

Wednesday 20th April

After grabbing a few hours sleep after the long flight home, decided to make the most of the lovely day and stretch the legs and get rid of the jet lag with an easy 3 miles along the coast as Mc Jnr had a GAA match in the club so decided I'd run down to this. Wasn't watching pace for this one, it was more a get some air run after the few days in Boston, pace was slow, but enjoyed the run, avg pace 11.12 splits, 11.12, 10.44, 11.04.

Thursday 21st April

Ended up being an unplanned rest day due to working late.

Friday 22nd April

With travel in work planned for Friday afternoon/evening which would interfere with planned run I got up at 6am for this one. Headed for work and parked up and headed for Merrion Gates and onto Sandymount coast for the warm up miles then did 5 strides, reps were every 4 lamp posts resting every 2 lamp posts along Sandymount seafront. Cool down mile back to work. A fabulous morning definately felt refreshed after this one. Splits

Stride 1 pace 6.27
    Stride 2 pace 7.17
    Stride 3 pace 7.23
    Stride 4 pace 7.08
    Stride 5 pace 6.44

Total distance 4 miles avg pace 10.24

Saturday 23rd April

Decided to head for St Annes Park Run haven't run the new course yet and with various commitments recently haven't been at park run in ages so was looking forward already to the post race coffees and catch up with the gang. The run now finishes with a hill to the finish which I found tough, I loved the previous course last km stretch along the avenue which was great for brining up the speed to the finish so will miss not having this stretch to the finish on the new course. I will definately have to work on the race strategy on this new course as there will be no bagging energy to sprint to the finish on this hill it was tough and definately highlighted I need to build in some hill sprints to my running. There is some flat stretches and downhills on the 1st and 3rd km so think this is where I have to bag time. Had the company of PJD on the 2nd loop and we chatted away keeping the pace reasonably comfortable for this one. Enjoyed the course while its tough it presents new challenges for breaking pb's and sure we love challenges !! :) time 27.49 avg pace 8.58

Sunday 24th Apri Travel with work in the afternoon meant I had to get the long run in this morning and with a night out on Saturday and a few jars was feeling very sluggish for this one, shouldn't have had that last drink echoes in my mind as I headed out on this one. Lovely morning so heading for the Howth Road onto the coast and looped back into the park where everyone was enjoying the sunshine. Found this run tough due to the over indulgences the previous night. Pace wasn't great a bit slower than I would have liked, 10 miles, avg pace 11.09 splits, 11.25.11.03, 11.03, 10.51, 11.06, 11.07, 11.24, 11.13, 11.19, 11.00.

Usually these long runs are a good time to think about things. Main thought for me is that my running quality has not been good lately due to a many number of things life, work, travel, loss of mojo you name it. Thinks its time for me to review my targets and plans for the next few months, get a running plan to fit these plans and get my finger out and put a better effort into my running quality and pace otherwise there will be no pb's coming in the foreseeable future. Next race for me is the Terenure 5 mile.

That's a good week's running A, with all the travel and work! (And drinking of course). You'll be in good shape for Terenure.

That's a good week's running A, with all the travel and work! (And drinking of course). You'll be in good shape for Terenure.

Here's hoping Anna !

Mon 25th
    Pilates, a good class enjoyed the session

Tues 26th
    Rest day

Wed 27th
    5 miles easy avg pace 10.15 a lot happier with this pace, splits were 10.18,10.12, 10.37 (up watermill road !) 10.04, 10.05
    Stretching has not been good of late so spent 20 mins stretching after this run. Was so delighted when I got in home that I had missed the hail stones and rain that was just starting :D

Thursday 28th
    20% sale in Liffey Valley meant run was pushed to Friday - its 20% after all :eek:

Friday 29th
    Toyed with the idea of getting up at 6am for this one but when I looked at the weather forecast and the chances of snow pushed this to this evening. Coming home from work I could just see this dark cloud coming and figured Id better get out quick before the rain started. Myles has wound down the graduates plan but has given us some training plans to keep us going so worked back two weeks from the finish of the 5km/10km plan as Terenure 5 is in 2 weeks. So tonight was 6*4mins @CV (had to find out what that was apparently its 10km pace !) with 2 mins recovery and did a mile warm up beforehand and cooldown home. Headed to the avenue is St Annes where I was sure I was going to get soaked put the rain jacket on just in case. Managed to get the session done with no rain. Absolutely hate this but do get a guilty pleasure after each interval if I hit pace so maybe I must really like them. Had the avenue to myself so belted up and down it. It was tough and I felt like I really pushed myself. Was aiming for around 8.55 for each interval.
    Interval 1 pace 8.56, recovery pace 10.28
    Interval 2 pace 8.56, recovery pace 10.41
    Interval 3 pace 9.01, recovery pace 10.58
    Interval 4 pace 8.51, recovery pace 10.41
    Interval 5 pace 8.49, recovery pace 10.36
    Interval 6 pace 9.04, recovery pace 10.55

Really happy with that session, worked hard, think I deserve a glass of wine tonight for that :D

First pacing gig in St Anne's tomorrow going to do the 30 mins pacer, hopefully I can manage to bring a few across the line in the right time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Best of luck with the pacing A, no bother to ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

+1 to that! you'll be super, enjoy it :) if I wasn't down for cabo already I'd have come over to cheer you on!

tang1 wrote: »
    Best of luck with the pacing A, no bother to ya.

We'll see !!

• Advertisement

Firedance wrote: »
    +1 to that! you'll be super, enjoy it :) if I wasn't down for cabo already I'd have come over to cheer you on!

Ah thanks :) and we know how you can cheer !!! :)

Pacing... Good for you! Good luck with it!

Pacing... Good for you! Good luck with it!

Thanks Anna :)

Nice intervals Mrs Mc - very consistent! Hope the pacing gig went well this morning ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Nice intervals Mrs Mc - very consistent! Hope the pacing gig went well this morning ?

Impressive debut. Loudest pacer on the course I'd say, G. Could be regular gig for her if she plays her cards right!!

It was great fun G got a great kick out of it had the company of Laura as well till she sprinted off at the end. got a few in under 30 and a few got pb's as well so a good day at the office would def do again. I was very official with my balloon as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

FBOT01 wrote: »
    Impressive debut. Loudest pacer on the course I'd say, G. Could be regular gig for her if she plays her cards right!!

I can confirm this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

It was great fun G got a great kick out of it had the company of Laura as well till she sprinted off at the end. got a few in under 30 and a few got pb's as well so a good day at the office would def do again. I was very official with my balloon as well :)

Great going today, you did a great job! You got a nice group home - thanks :)

laura_ac3 wrote: »
    I can confirm this :)

Got caught up in the moment !

• Advertisement

Got caught up in the moment !

All the best pacers are very loud! Well done, could be a new gig for you, runs in the family after all :)

Advertisement