Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never say never

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Mrs Mc wrote: »
    Oh think it will be a leisurely run this morning the whole my body is a temple thing didn't hold this week had a black tie do with work Thursday night I'm still wrecked !!!

Well it doesn't show, you look super. Great figure for holidays.

Congratulations on 50th. Cake was great.

Happy Holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

aquinn wrote: »
    Well it doesn't show, you look super. Great figure for holidays.

Congratulations on 50th. Cake was great.

Happy Holidays.

Thanks Aoife good to see you today mind that knee hope you are feeling better next week. See ya soon. :)

Mon 30th May
    Pilates tonight, lots of work on the arms tonight !:cool:

Tues 31st May

Usually am busy on a Tuesday night with another hobby not running related ... imagine that !! so heading home from this along the coast and seeing that gorgeous sunshine decided to head out as Ive a busy week ahead of me. Met up with a running buddy and up to the park and a few loops on the new path 6 miles easy avg pace 10.25 enjoyed this splits 10.52,10.23, 9.57, 10.14,10.22, 10.43

Wed 1st June

Packing for holidays, visit to the beautician so no run tonight, needs must people :D Rest day.

Thurs 2nd June

Black tie event with work Thursday night so decided to get up a stupid o'clock for this one, so up at 6 am and drove into work parked up and headed for Merrion Gates. Stomach had been acting up the night before and I probably shouldnt have run as 2 miles in and my stomach started to cramp up, the pace was shocking and I felt crap. Turned at Merrion Gates onto Sandymount coast what a beautiful morning, the intention was to get some strides in but thought that would just be silly based on how I was feeling. This was a very slow run and really only got the miles in. But a beautiful morning all the same loads of runners out. 4 miles easy avg pace 10.56 splits, 10.55,10.55, 10.58, 10.59 at least it was consistent.

Friday 3rd June

Getting too old for late nights any more and with the event the night before and getting to bed at 2am and up for work and still some packing to do this run was kicked to touch. I know Im a disgrace.

Saturday 4th June

50th park run milestone today so headed to St Annes for this where Mrs KennyG went all out with the milestone celebrations with feather bowas, 50 badges and Nifty at fifty sashes oh yeah and a 50 balloon. Was a lovely morning and I joined Toulouse, PJD and MuphD for a leisurely trot around the park. Kept Murph company on his loosen out the legs before the marathon run and we had a good owl natter around the course. What a lovely start to the holidays, finishing off with coffee, cake, more cake and wait for it this is where Mrs KennyG really pulled out the stops and Bucks Fizz was also opened to celebrate my milestone !! Ferris, Murph and KennyG are all in good spirits and have the look of pre marathoners looking trim and fit all ready for Monday. All the best lads hopes its a good one for you. So my mileage this week has been pretty poor only 13 miles done, I should be like himself who has just headed out for another run to get the miles in before we head off on our hols this evening. But I'm all packed and ready to go, taxi not coming for another hour and a half, so getting my boards update done. Packed the running gear and will hopefully get a few miles in on hols.

Happy Park Run-iversary! Hope it's a fab run and party after!

Thanks C had a lovely morning and enjoyed the milestone celebrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

Well done today. You look great for 50��.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

Well done This morning, enjoy the Holidays.

Ferris B wrote: »
    Well done today. You look great for 50��.

Ah thanks C don't forget you get there first !!!!

Kennyg71 wrote: »
    Well done This morning, enjoy the Holidays.

Thanks G good luck Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Well done Mrs, sorry to have missed it. Enjoy the hols

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Have a fantastic holiday Mrs Mc. Sounds like the partying has begun already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Congrats on 50th Parkrun. Enjoy your holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

Congrats on the 50th Mrs Mc.

After the 50th park run celebrations it was off to the airport for the fam holiday to Croatia. Packed the running gear and the plan was to try a hit the 20 mikes for the week but with shorter runs just to keep the legs moving fitness up and lbs off as wine has become part of my 5 a day this week ... Well it is a fruit no ???

Did two days with FBOT first day the full 4 miles as I was not born with an inner sat nav like M and would be sure to get lost. Nice easy pace bit of sightseeing and chat. 2nd day did the first 2 miles with FBOT and doubled back to get my 4 miles confident now I wouldn't get lost .... Well let's just say I eventually got back with just one maybe two slight diversions !!!
    Day 3 off by myself confident now of my route which goes around the resort by the sea fab views and a nice path to aid those afraid of getting lost. One slightly iffy bit that I didn't like where the pace went to 9.30 so I could get through it quickly particularly when a local man decided to stop for a pee at the side of the path ! 4 miles completed !
    Day 4 same route again which Strava now tells me I am doing progressively faster not really hard as sightseeing pace is nice n slow ! Decided I would greet everyone this morning and was suitably impressed when nearly all runners and walkers greeted me back. Felt I had spread some cheer on the overcast morning 4 miles done :)

Day 5 suitably impressed with the cleaners in the complex this morning sweeping the leaves off the path of a tree lined path didn't really make sense but admired their determination. Was very disappointed with my greeting task this morning with 7 failed attempts at getting hellos or international grunts resembling good morning back until two Irish ladies saved the day and greeted me with a cheery good morning !

Weekly mileage 20.4 miles pace easey peasey sightseeing holiday pace that got progressively faster over the 5 days so all good. I haven't forgotten how to run :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

You spread cheer wherever you are A! :p

Running on hols allows you to feel all virtuous while enjoying your 5 a day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

You forgot the teeny tiny wine glasses!!! Never mind the cheery greetings, did you fix that yet??! :D Hope you're both having a blast :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Good job on ticking over while away. Hope you're enjoying the break

annapr wrote: »
    You spread cheer wherever you are A! :p
    Running on hols allows you to feel all virtuous while enjoying your 5 a day :D
    This is true Anna .... Will continue to spread cheer and enjoy my 5 a day for another two days so !! :)

laura_ac3 wrote: »
    Good job on ticking over while away. Hope you're enjoying the break
    Having a great time Laura thanks nice and chilled out :)

Firedance wrote: »
    You forgot the teeny tiny wine glasses!!! Never mind the cheery greetings, did you fix that yet??! :D Hope you're both having a blast :)

That's true AM the teeney tiny portions of wine that are laughable but I do also have my own bottle ...sssss in the fridge for my pre dinner post dinner mid afternoon glass of wine if I am so tempted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭PJD

Good job mrs mac!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Enjoy the hols. It's nice to have a break before DCM training begins. :)

Enjoy the hols. It's nice to have a break before DCM training begins. :)

DCM training what what ???? Still undecided about that one will need to decide soon enough though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

DCM training what what ???? Still undecided about that one will need to decide soon enough though :)

Oh so you're going again then? Good on ya. Would be a shame to waste all the great training you've been doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

annapr wrote: »
    Oh so you're going again then? Good on ya. Would be a shame to waste all the great training you've been doing.

she is anna, she just hasn't admitted it herself yet :D:D

I think the call it sitting on the fence girls !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

Becarefull or you'll get splinters:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Mrs Mc wrote:

But which side are your legs dangling from?

Mrs Mc wrote:

That is the million dollar question C :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

I think the answer is in the appropriately named log title: NEVER SAY NEVER :D

• Advertisement

denis b wrote: »

I think the answer is in the appropriately named log title: NEVER SAY NEVER :D
    Funny Denis !!! :)

Advertisement