Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never say never

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

Physio this morning all ok dry needling on the calves sweet mother Devine the pain hobbling into work feel like I'll never run if even walk again ..... We are doing this running why ???? Remind me ????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Mrs Mc wrote: »
    Physio this morning all ok dry needling on the calves sweet mother Devine the pain hobbling into work feel like I'll never run if even walk again ..... We are doing this running why ???? Remind me ????

Masochism?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

In a couple of months it will look different looking back, enjoy the journey:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Apparently running is fun and we enjoy it. We just have to remind our legs of that. Mine can be quite disagreeable. :)

Saturday 6th August

I usually do my long runs on a Sunday but had planned my long run for Saturday this week to coincide with the boards meet up run in Clontarf, but that ended up getting cancelled, cause Tang couldn't bring himself to DNS and scared everyone else planning on making the journey. !! The fearsome Firedance however decided why waste a good visa so we decided we would go ahead anyway as KennyG and DenisB were also both around and I had two of the Sunday long run crew tagging along as well. FBOT was on RD duties at St Annes Park Run and we were all volunteering so we decided we would all head off after that. Firedance, DenisB, PJD, A Quinn, Laura AC, Red runner, Mr & Mrs KennyG all in attendance at park run today so was great to catch up with everyone over a cuppa afterwards. Great to see KennyG back running after his recent enforced rest from running, we headed off out the coast, thankful that the predicted 25 degrees for Saturdays weather didn't seem to be correct and we had a lovely breeze along the coast to Alfie Bynre Road. Chat was good, pace was steady and enjoyed this run. Said goodbye to KennyG, DenisB and Firedance as we headed back towards St Annes and myself and the other 2 headed on towards Sutton where we said goodbye to one and hello to another of our running crew. Quick pit stop in insomnia at sutton cross and back towards the coast again to finish off in St Annes. The temp had definately started to rise and by the time we hit St Annes I was wrecked legs were feeling very heavy and I felt like I was struggling but we battled on, this is good mental training for DCM. KennyG had ordered KennyG Jnr a San Pelegrino Orange that morning after park run and all I could think of was that cold drink and how lovely it would be right now. We finished just at the end of the avenue and walked over to Olives tea rooms where I ordered the 3 of us orange San Pelegrinos, which was one of the nicest drinks I have ever had in my whole life, no joke. :p 14 miles avg pace 10.59 :D
    Splits, 10.58, 10,54, 11.05, 11.13, 11.02, 10.57, 10.57, 11.14, 11.07, 10.50, 10.53, 10.55, 11.03, 10.43.

30 mins stretching and foam rolling when I got home.

Was exhausted and had a little power nap after my shower and some food and got myself all set for the Dubs match, which I discovered they were showing on sky which we don't have. :mad::mad:

Sunday 7th August

Last day of the training week and decided to have a lie in this morning with no long run to do. FBOT was out early for pacing duties at the rock and roll 10km. Didn't head out till 3. 1 mile easy, 2 miles steady and 1 mile easy on the plan today. Steady pace for me is 10.06mins. Off out the coast, very strong wind blowing from town so was glad I wasn't doing my long run today very warm still. 4 miles ave pace 10.25, splits 10.52, 10.01, 10.00, 10.49.

Total weekly miles 35.1
    Total miles YTD 608.4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Nice LSR yesterday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Yeah discovered the same with the dubs match yesterday - FFS :mad: listened on the radio though which I haven't done for years and a wins a win right :)

Well done on your LR, pace is really consistent, I found those conditions very hot before we turned back and was glad I had a change of clothes in the car!!

Well done on LR, really tough in hot weather, have had that mind drift to nice
    cold drink few times, San pelegrino nice way to finish.

Kennyg71 wrote: »
    Well done on LR, really tough in hot weather, have had that mind drift to nice
    cold drink few times, San pelegrino nice way to finish.

May even replace the mooju !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Orange San Pelligrinos, some Dublin Northsider you are!!!

• Advertisement

tang1 wrote: »

Ah I'm from Clontarf B !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

I used to fantasise about cornettos on my long runs...

As for the match, me heart bleeds for yiz not having sky sports... :cool: At least you'll have another day (or two) out!

annapr wrote: »
    I used to fantasise about cornettos on my long runs...

As for the match, me heart bleeds for yiz not having sky sports... :cool: At least you'll have another day (or two) out!

Here's hoping Anna :) those Donegal lads picking on poor Diarmuid Connolly though poor lamb being picked on :):):)

Week 7 Marathon Training

Monday 8th Aug rest day

Tuesday 9th Aug 6 miles easy unusual not to have speed session so welcomed the easy run but had increased miles, there was some wind blowing on the coast tonight (weather not me :D) only really realised when I decided to run down the wooden bridge to the statue and turn back OMG :eek: hard going and I could see the black clouds coming in the distance and the rain then started a little but it wasn't too bad, 6.4 miles, avg pace 10.55 splits 11, 10.59, 10.50, 10.53, 10.55, 10.54, 10.47

Wednesday 10th Aug didn't forget the runners this week so headed off from work to run home. 6 miles on the plan again tonight but with 5 * 50 m strides, did 2.5 miles over from Ballsbridge to Clontarf first and then when I hit the Alfie Byrne Road used 2 lampposts for the 50m sprints and recover for 1 lamppost. 6 miles Avg pace 10.42 splits 10.33, 10.43, 10.09, 10.47, 10.51, 11.12 legs were tired for that last mile.

Thursday 11th Aug Up at 6.30 am to run back into work, 4 miles easy on the plan today another strong wind out this morning which was against me for a lot of the run and evident in the splits was feeling tired this morning 4 miles easy avg pace 11.09 oops was asleep for some of those miles I think ! splits 11.11, 11.04, 11.06, 11.15 guess Im not a morning person ;)

Pilates tonight lots of work on the core tonight even threw in a few planks which I hate and am brutal at but all good for the core Im told !! Rest day tomorrow which I am looking forward to.

Thankfully had entered DCM when I fell off the fence a few weeks ago, looks like a few people caught out by waiting till after the HM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

You seem to be in a nice consistent patch, good going. I'm the same on the early runs, especially the runmutes. Think it's the body just waking up after the night of sleep or something! I know when I did the heart rate training last year it was reflected in that too.

laura_ac3 wrote: »
    You seem to be in a nice consistent patch, good going. I'm the same on the early runs, especially the runmutes. Think it's the body just waking up after the night of sleep or something! I know when I did the heart rate training last year it was reflected in that too.

Was half asleep this morning I think !!

Friday 12th August rest day

Saturday 13th August

Plan had 6 miles easy today so decided to incorporate St Anne's Park Run in this, organised to meet PJD and Mrs KennyG at 8.30 to get 3 miles in before park run, as always with this pair there is loads of chatter and we ran around the perimeter of the park getting back just on time for Killerz's briefing and off we went on the park run route. A very pleasant run. First 3 miles avg pace 10.54 2nd 3 miles avg pace 9.27. Catch up coffee afterwards and just for you Tang a san pelegrino orange :D. Good to see KennyG, LauraAc, MurphD, PJD and Ferris.

Sunday 14th August

LSR Day :eek::eek: .Plan had 14 miles today with 6 miles MP. Still haven't quiet committed to time yet for the marathon so according to resident coach I was to do MP miles between 9.45 and 9.55. Good to see KennyG getting back into his running again and was delighted when he said he would pace us for our 6 miles. So mapped out the route and got up at stupid o'clock for my porridge so that we could be on the road by 8 am. Joined by 2 of my support group and off we went. Lots of chat which was great and the miles ticked away. We were 5 miles in when we picked up KennyG at the end of watermill road and did a mile easy where we then said goodbye to one of our group who was heading to her sons football match and off we went towards Sutton, KennyG shouting encouraging words of c'mon to us as we all tried to synchronise our watches to the same pace. Passed lots of runners this morning all very cheerful and full of morning greetings. Quick pit stop in the garage where nature called well more like roared and when nature calls you have to listen !! Found the last 2 miles tough as we hit some inclines on the route which KennyG pointed out, told him not to be pointing out hills it wasn't helping to keep us positive. Then we passed our previous running buddy enjoying a coffee in the a local cafe as she waved frantically out the window at us !! Said farewell to KennyG in Raheny and welcomed the drop in pace back to 11 mins which felt like a complete snails pace after our previous 6 miles. We were very grateful when the watches clocked the 14 miles as we reached the finish of our run. A car pulled sharply in front of us, we were wondering who it was, when our previous running buddy jumped out with two cans of orange San Pelegrino for us (see Tang its catching on !!) hugged her cause they were also right out of the fridge yum. :D:D Home for shower, 20 mins of stretching and foam rolling and scambled eggs on toast. Glad to have that out of the way. No power napping on the couch as I was in to work for the afternoon, hope no one noticed my compression socks !! :eek::eek: 14 miles avg pace 10.21 splits

1 10.51
    2 10.41
    3 10.53
    4 10.48
    5 10.55
    6 10.57
    7MP 9.45
    8MP 9.46
    9MP 9.45
    10MP 9.38
    11MP 9.45
    12MP 9.52
    13 10.29
    14 10.44

Total weekly miles 37.2 miles YTD 645.7 miles

Nice week A, see drags in last mile didn't do much to pace and well able for
    chat all the way, with 12 weeks to go your flying.

Kennyg71 wrote: »
    Nice week A, see drags in last mile didn't do much to pace and well able for
    chat all the way, with 12 weeks to go your flying.

You're such a slave driver G that's why, thanks for the pacing duties this morning much appreciated ;)

You're flying A, well done on the MP and another solid weeks work :)

• Advertisement

Firedance wrote: »
    You're flying A, well done on the MP and another solid weeks work :)

Cheers AM hope all going well for u :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Nice MP miles, Mrs Mc ! You are flying as everyone's saying. Must be something in that orange San Pellegrino :D.

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Nice MP miles, Mrs Mc ! You are flying as everyone's saying. Must be something in that orange San Pellegrino :D.

God never thought of that G must be !!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

God never thought of that G must be !!! :)

Ha ha, let's hope it doesn't contain any banned ingredients. You never know when those testers are going to call :P.

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Ha ha, let's hope it doesn't contain any banned ingredients. You never know when those testers are going to call :P.

No fear of me breaking any world records San pelegrino or not !!!

Best luck Saturday A, see you at start line.

See ya there G :) thanks.

Good luck tomorrow A, have a great race and of course.... ENJOY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Firedance wrote: »
    Good luck tomorrow A, have a great race and of course.... ENJOY!

+1, hopefully see you after A. Will have an Orange San Pelligrino waiting!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

Best of luck tomorrow!
    +1, hopefully see you after A. Will have an Orange San Pelligrino waiting!!

Make that a crate will you? We should look into getting San pellegrino to sponsor boards runners!

Advertisement