Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Never say never

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

annapr wrote: »
    Conditions weren't easy out there today A. Well done!

Thanks Anna onwards and upwards as they say ! Hope you're feeling better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭PJD

Mrs Mac... you were awesome. Nasty breeze, congested roads and a pain in the ass running buddy! I have no doubt that you will smash the next 5 mile. Enjoy the goodie bag!

PJD wrote: »
    Mrs Mac... you were awesome. Nasty breeze, congested roads and a pain in the ass running buddy! I have no doubt that you will smash the next 5 mile. Enjoy the goodie bag!

Just finished my toffee crisp only 5 more to go ha ha !!! Pain in the ass running buddy .... Never .... You're were great :) see ya soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,512 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Good stuff, Anne, sounds like a very honest effort. Sorry we missed you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Murph_D wrote: »

You missed her as well!

Ffs D. Go back to the racing.
    You's are brutal supporters :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

yaboya1 wrote: »
    You missed her as well!

Ffs D. Go back to the racing.
    You's are brutal supporters :D

Careful now, there's still Boston...

no worries D hope you're feeling better.

Careful now, there's still Boston...

You tell him Anna !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Toffee crisp? I didn't get that. Some amount of junk in the bag.

Great as always to see you after and it was tough going today but you did great so well done.

See you SATURDAY! Can bring BG shoes for you.

• Advertisement

Great as always to see you after and it was tough going today but you did great so well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

well done yesterday A, great report.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Well done Mrs Mc. Great report and fair play to P for the company. Havent dared to start on the chocolate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭diego_b

Good report that MrsMc and a fine run too.

Had my first ever Toffee Crisp during lunch, not bad at all actually!

aquinn wrote: »

Ha ha you and G are persistent I will deffo try it in the future will concentrate on ballycotton first I think. Yeah we have loads of toffee crisps and drifters and walnut whips. Great to see you afterwards good look next week and congrats on your pb.

Kennyg71 wrote: »
    well done yesterday A, great report.

Thanks G well done you too :)

• Advertisement

denis b wrote: »
    Well done Mrs Mc. Great report and fair play to P for the company. Havent dared to start on the chocolate.

Yeah was really glad if the company he is becoming my personal trainer cause he paced me to my park run pb too ! Will have to start repaying in flab jacks !!!

diego_b wrote: »
    Good report that MrsMc and a fine run too.

Had my first ever Toffee Crisp during lunch, not bad at all actually!

They are yum !!! Think we deserve it after all the hard work yest I'm knackered today ! Well done you. Good to see you yesterday.

Monday 1st Feb

Pilates with lots of stretches on the legs which was very welcome after Raheny 5

Wed 3rd

Life and work getting in the way plan was 45 mins easy tonight. Feeling wrecked this week not sleeping well this week stuff going on in work probably the very reason to be getting out for a run. Was late when I got home so decided not to do this just too tired and not feeling 100%. An early night and some battery re-charging required.

Thursday 5th Feb

Ok back in action today, week a bit messed up with taking last night off as well means I'll be running for the next 4 days but feeling the benefit of an early night yesterday. Graduates plan had 50 mins Steady today. Steady was described as somewhere between marathon pace and easy pace and should be comfortably hard. So my Mc Millan easy pace is between 9.36 - 10.50 which seems a very big range. My MP last year was 10.18 my updated Mc Millan MP is 9.36 ....... Very confused. M was out running so couldn't get some consulting time before I went out. So decided if I went for somewhere around the 10 min mark which was between the two MP and my easy paces are generally around 10.20. Haven't a clue if that approach was correct or not. Was delighted to get a text from a friend also training for Ballycotton to see if I wanted company. Chatted away and felt the pace fast as she would be a lot faster than me. Felt good. Avg pace was 10.05 Splits below.

Mile 1 10.41(bit slow legs warming up)
    Mile 2 9.50
    Mile 3 10.00
    Mile 4 10.01
    Mile 5 10.04

When I got home M was back from his run so started with the 100 questions about pace. He Reckons I'm spending too much time worrying about pace times..... Was told to just go out and run so that I'm on the brink of not being able to talk ... Apparently that's a steady pace !!!!

Friday 6th Feb

Graduates plan has 45 mins easy today. What a horrible evening so decided to head straight out when I got in from work or I'd never get out. Was delighted the rain had stopped when I went out and it was actually a lovely evening along Clontarf Coast. Avg pace 10.29

Mile 1 10.28
    Mile 2 10.18
    Mile 3 10.28
    Mile 4 10.35

Maybe a little slow but enjoyed being out.

Spent 20 mins stretching when I got home.

Stressing out cause my watch won't load this week so technical problems which haven't been fixed yet..... If it's not on Strava it never happened ;(
    What have I become my youngest is finding it very amusing !!!!

Saturday 6th Feb

St Anne's Park run 27.25. 408 runners today record number definately all back in full force after the Raheny 5 last week. Conditions not great this morning wind and some rain. Legs felt tired today so just took it at an easy pace. Ran with a fellow park runner and we managed to keep each other going. Splits 5.32, 5.36, 5.42,5.52,4.44. An enjoyable run. Token sorting with capuchinos and chatter afterwards.

Sunday 7th Feb

Graduates plan had 90 mins easy today. Tried to gather up some company for this as it makes it go much faster. The ever eager Mrs KennyG was around with one other from park run. The plan was to meet in Raheny and run to Sutton Cross and back which would give me 5.36 miles so I decided to run up and back which should bring me to the 9 miles and get my 90 mins easy. Plan was to meet at 8.30 so alarm set for 7.45 - it's just not right for a Sunday !! FBOT was getting up anyway after a decision to bring the run in Trim onto his long run plans today so didn't feel so bad that I wasn't the only one up. The wind would cut you this morning and I wondered should we consider changing our route. Ran up to Raheny which is 1.8 miles avg pace 10.38. Had to hang around for about 10 mins waiting for our third runner and we were off. Headed for Sutton. Was getting a bit concerned looking a the cyclists coming in the other direction they seemed to be struggling. But we battled on pace was steady and the chatter was good ... Always guaranteed with Mrs KennyG. Passed Murph at Sutton Cross running back towards Clontarf good to see him back running after his man flu ! Quick toilet break in the Marine Hotel and the decision was made to carry on to the church and up through offington. Once we came back out onto the Clontarf Road heading back the wind hit us and the hit us more when we reached the cycle track. The pace started to drop a bit and there was not a word spoken for the next Mile and half which is a record for Mrs KennyG :) but we battled on it was very tough going we even crossed over to the other side of the road to get some shelter. Changed direction back up the howth road for some shelter and clocked 8.13 miles on the watch at the finish. Splits 10.17, 10.15,10.03, 13.46 (loo break), 10.36,10.46,11.11,10.27. A welcome chocolate milk and samples of jam doughnuts in supervalu afterwards. Decided against running the last bit home as I had done my 90 mins now and got a lift down from Mrs KennyG. An afternoon on the couch watching rugby beckons. :)

Going to go back on my multivitamins this week and get some early nights as I'm feeling very tired this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,512 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

You're allowed stop the watch for loo breaks, y'know. :)

Good to see ye this morning. The wind was something else alright. Good decision to take Howth Rd - wish I'd done that myself!

You're allowed stop the watch for loo breaks, y'know. :)

Good to see ye this morning. The wind was something else alright. Good decision to take Howth Rd - wish I'd done that myself!

I thought I had stopped the watch but I musnt have so felt I needed to explain the drop in pace in case I was accused of walking !!!!

Well done with the run Mrs Mac. If it makes you feel any better, my cycle back from Howth was torture in the wind! Good effort. Enjoy the rugby!

Well done with the run Mrs Mac. If it makes you feel any better, my cycle back from Howth was torture in the wind! Good effort. Enjoy the rugby!

I can imagine P looked likes lot of cyclists struggling along like us runners today. Hope you enjoyed the Scottish match yesterday thought they might do it at the end.

Monday 8th

Pilates tonight lots of work on the abs a good session.

Tues rest

Wed 10th

5 miles easy. Nothing posted on the graduates plan this week so went with what has been standard since Jan for mid week runs and decided to do 5 miles easy. Perfect night for running no rain very crisp out and no wind. Really enjoyed this. Avg pace 10.21 Splits 10.22, 10.08,10.22,10.25,10.28. Currently icing the Achilles they are feeling a bit tender after the run tonight.

Thursday 11th Feb

life got in the way no running. Guilt guilt guilt ! How come when you miss a run everyone is running around you just to make you feel guilty even more!!!

Friday 12th Feb

Determined not to let my missed day mess with my planned weekly mileage would have to run for the next three days. After a crappy week at work a run is just what was required so I could pound the pavements and work out my crappy week. Splits 10.48, 10.45, 10.38, 10.34. Not a great run pace wise but was just what was required and enjoyed being out.

Saturday 13th Feb Father Collins Park Run pb 25.37 woh woh :)

Park Run tourism today so a group of us from St Annes decided to support our neighbours in Father Collins Park. Was told that it's the perfect course for a pb as its nice and flat. Hadn't actually decided I was going for a pb till PJD took on his personal training role and decided I was going for it after my first fast mile. Forgot to change my garmin to km so just decided to run and give it socks. Clocked 7.53 for mile 1 pace dropped a bit for mile 3 and 4 8.25 and 8.29 but managed to cross the line in an official time of 25.37 previous pb 25.48 pre Christmas. Was absolutely chuffed and big shout out to PJD for yet again getting me a pb.

No time for coffee this morning as I had to get home and get changed as FBOT and myself were heading down to Donadea to support killerz, Marthastew and Mr Stew and FerrisB in their 50 km and HM races. This is the extreme of running 50 km wow serious kudos to them. Was a great afternoon of supporting and delighted to see Firedance, particularly as she brought cake mmmmm. Felt very guilty standing on the sidelines drinking coffee and eating cake while watching the runners running laps of the forest. Super performances all around and enjoyed the event..... As a cheerleader !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Mrs Mc wrote: »
    Thursday 11th Feb

life got in the way no running. Guilt guilt guilt ! How come when you miss a run everyone is running around you just to make you feel guilty even more!!!

Friday 12th Feb

Determined not to let my missed day mess with my planned weekly mileage would have to run for the next three days. After a crappy week at work a run is just what was required so I could pound the pavements and work out my crappy week. Splits 10.48, 10.45, 10.38, 10.34. Not a great run pace wise but was just what was required and enjoyed being out.

Saturday 13th Feb Father Collins Park Run pb 25.37 woh woh :)

Park Run tourism today so a group of us from St Annes decided to support our neighbours in Father Collins Park. Was told that it's the perfect course for a pb as its nice and flat. Hadn't actually decided I was going for a pb till PJD took on his personal training role and decided I was going for it after my first fast mile. Forgot to change my garmin to km so just decided to run and give it socks. Clocked 7.53 for mile 1 pace dropped a bit for mile 3 and 4 8.25 and 8.29 but managed to cross the line in an official time of 25.37 previous pb 25.48 pre Christmas. Was absolutely chuffed and big shout out to PJD for yet again getting me a pb.

No time for coffee this morning as I had to get home and get changed as FBOT and myself were heading down to Donadea to support killerz, Marthastew and Mr Stew and FerrisB in their 50 km and HM races. This is the extreme of running 50 km wow serious kudos to them. Was a great afternoon of supporting and delighted to see Firedance, particularly as she brought cake mmmmm. Felt very guilty standing on the sidelines drinking coffee and eating cake while watching the runners running laps of the forest. Super performances all around and enjoyed the event..... As a cheerleader !!!

Thanks so much for your support and most importantly, congrats on your PB!

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

+1 on the congrats Mrs Mc

JMSE wrote: »
    +1 on the congrats Mrs Mc

Thanks JMSE good to see you back in action again.

Well done on PB, be kicking down sub 25 door shortly :)

• Advertisement

Kennyg71 wrote: »
    Well done on PB, be kicking down sub 25 door shortly :)

Baby steps G baby steps now go to bed Long run tomorrow or I'm telling DG !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Congrats again on the pb! Sub 25 is knocking on your door. Great to catch up yesterday, next year lets run *some of it at least :)

*I may mean all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Well done A. Those pb's keep tumbling down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Hurray! Super running for a great PB. Well done.

Thanks all yes am chuffed. AM think you might be faltering on the "maybe " there for Donadea next year !!!!

Today didn't however go to plan. 9 miles on the plan today and missed the Mrs KennyG crew's 9am run this morning as I had something on so an afternoon run was on the cards for me. By the sounds of it I missed the worst of the weather by going out in the afternoon. Was a lovely crisp afternoon with a light enough breeze so headed for the coast with the intention of looping up watermill road down the howth road and back onto the coast. Was really enjoying the run pace was slow and steady. Ran up watermill and had turned into the howth road when I Felt a bit of a twinge in my ham string which is a new twinge for me. Said hello to the twinge as DG taught us during marathon training but was a bit concerned as its new. Continued on for a bit stopped to stretch it out walked a bit but found myself limping with it and it hurting me while walking. Decided I'd better call my daughter to come get me and concentrate on some stretching and foam rolling. Only managed 4.2 miles 10.28, 10.22, 10.42, 10.32 so a dismal weekly mileage of 16 miles this week. But with Ballycotton 10 only a few weeks away thought it best to be cautious. Feels ok now. Hopefully it's nothing.

Sorry to hear about hamstring, bit of luck just the cold, make sure only to stretch to first point you feel stretch, avoid it going into spasm, think I over
    Done stretches on mine initially, made worse rather than better.

Are you ok? You looked super as you bounded by me delighted with yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

yes, hopefully its nothing. You were right to stop though, good call.

aquinn wrote: »
    Are you ok? You looked super as you bounded by me delighted with yourself.

Yeah just came home did some gentle stretches on it and did a bit of foam rolling on it seems to have worked itself out. Hopefully it was just a twinge and nothing more. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭diego_b

Well done on the 5K PB A, hope that hamstring is okay!

diego_b wrote: »
    Well done on the 5K PB A, hope that hamstring is okay!

Cheers D rest day tomorrow and Pilates tomorrow night so hopefully will be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Wooo hooo A.... Great stuff on the PB...it's not long since you thought you would never break 26!! So you earned the cake at Donadea! Hope the hamstring is ok now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Wooo hooo A.... Great stuff on the PB...it's not long since you thought you would never break 26!! So you earned the cake at Donadea! Hope the hamstring is ok now.

+1, happy days on the pb, loads more to come as well. Mind that hamstring, something similar happened to me a few years ago. Don't be afraid to take the few rest days and a physio/sports therapist appointment if needs be. Hope it's OK soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Well done on the PB A - keep up the good work !

Saw the short(er) run on strava. You are being too hard on yourself. Saturday was a big effort plus it was cold. I didnt warm down enough and felt it yesterday so took a rest. Follow the plan but dont suffer because of it. Rest up. See you saturday. P. Ps- the pb was all yours- I was just yapping away to distract from the pain!

• Advertisement

Saw the short(er) run on strava. You are being too hard on yourself. Saturday was a big effort plus it was cold. I didnt warm down enough and felt it yesterday so took a rest. Follow the plan but dont suffer because of it. Rest up. See you saturday. P. Ps- the pb was all yours- I was just yapping away to distract from the pain!

Yeah I didn't warm up or stretch afterwards at park run so putting it down to that. Pilates tonight so that usually gives the hamstrings a good stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

Tiger balm for the hamstring. Cures everything....

Ferris B wrote: »
    Tiger balm for the hamstring. Cures everything....

Never thought to try that used it on all my long runs during marathon training for the calves .... Sure I'll smell gorgeous !! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

Congrats on the PB Mrs Mc.

jake1970 wrote: »
    Congrats on the PB Mrs Mc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement