Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never say never

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

FBOT01 wrote: »
    I remember well enough hauling your a$$ around a 10miler earlier this year. You've obviously forgotten which side your bread is buttered on :p

No, no my memory is fine & will be forever thankful you did drag me around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

If I remember correctly from last year, advise was there are no big hills so
    no advantage training for hills, just train on long drags.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

I remember well enough hauling your a$$ around a 10miler earlier this year. You've obviously forgotten which side your bread is buttered on :p

:D:D:D

you've hurt his feelings tang!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

Take your arguments out of my log please !!!! Next thing there will be smut and double meaning !!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Mrs Mc wrote: »
    Take your arguments out of my log please !!!! Next thing there will be smut and double meaning !!!! :)

Cough pot cough kettle cough black.......

• Advertisement

And reading from the posts above it would appear from your LR on Sunday, your intervals earlier in the week and the physio view this morning that you are grand :p

Are you calling me a drama queen ???

Kennyg71 wrote: »
    If I remember correctly from last year, advise was there are no big hills so
    no advantage training for hills, just train on long drags.:)

Well ya could have reminded me G no good telling me now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Are you calling me a drama queen ???

Where's my stirrin spoon?

I'm pretty sure he is, I just wouldn't stand for the likes of that from the likes of him!!

Ground him or switch his meds or something :)

TbL

Where's my stirrin spoon?

I'm pretty sure he is, I just wouldn't stand for the likes of that from the likes of him!!

Ground him or switch his meds or something :)

TbL

I'll hide his runners all sixteen pairs !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

I'll hide his runners all sixteen pairs !!!!

Sure that's only half of them!

• Advertisement

Friday 9th of Sept Rest day - my favourite day

Saturday 10th of Sept 3 miles on the plan today. I was on volunteer duty at park run today so met up with my DCM novice buddies from 2015 Toulouse and PJD and we were also joined by Mrs KennyG for a 3 mile pre park run run which are proving very useful recently if extra miles are required or you are on volunteering duties. My miles were to be a tempo paced but to be honest I was happy enough to do a faster paced 3 miles and enjoy the company. 3 miles Avg pace 9.52 splits 10.02, 10.07, 9.29. Very enjoyable run and nice catch up with everyone. Finish tokens then with Mrs KennyG with 285 runners showing up today. Headed to the Stables for coffees afterwards and catch up with all the other volunteers.

Sunday 11th of Sept 18 miles on the plan today at easy pace. Wasn't feeling very well on Saturday evening stomach was a bit upset, so off to bed early and a few stomach tablets to make sure all was okay for the morning. Its looking like my long run buddy is out of action for DCM now having not run for the last two weeks with a hip injury. So roped in the help of Mrs KennyG and another park run buddy for this one. Did the same as last week meeting them both in Albert College after Junior park run. They both wanted to get 10 miles in as part of the their preparation for the Kincora to Passage charity event Raheny Shamrocks are doing next weekend, they both have 10 miles to do as part of their relay leg. So I mapped out 8 miles which took me out the coast, up Watermill Road and along the Howth Road and up Griffith Avenue to Albert College. The great bike ride was on today so when I hit the coast it was a sea of cyalists heading for Howth direction, couldn't even cross the road there was so many of them, a sea of humanity on bikes was great to see. Lots of friendly Garda and volunteers all the way along the coast greeting me with Good Morning. Headed for Griffith Ave from the Howth Road then. I really like the Griffith Ave run as a change from the coast out to Sutton. Griffith Ave is a lovely run it has a good drag on it up to Ballymun and its lovely running back down it. I tried the cliff shot block again this week and they seem to agree with me okay but didn't want to over do it with the upset stomach from last night. I don't get the same energy surge that I would get from the gels previously but you have to take more than the one block. While the pace was on plan for the initial 8 miles I was feeling very tired and a bit sluggish. Met up with the two girls and off we headed with a quick pit stop in the garage. The chatter was good but I found I couldn't keep up the chat my energy levels were very low, had a wine gum to give me a sugar boost. The rest of run went like this I met pace but felt really tired, was extremely thirsty during the run and went through my two bottles one with Nunn and one with water and ribena. Think I may have been a bit dehydrated and this was causing my lack of energy. Didn't help when we hit the 17 mile mark that I had mapped out on map my run only clock 16.5 so had to do another loop around the playground till I clocked 17 and ran the final mile back to the house. Its funny this run last year during my training was one of the hardest for me, I actually cried after it last year (drama queen again !) found it very tough today. My weekly mileage has gone over the 40 mile mark this week so that could be something to do with it as well. All in all I think my hydration might not have been as good as I am usually this week and then the upset stomach and warm conditions today may have contributed to the way I was feeling. I finished off with 20 mins of stretching and some foam rolling and after my usual meal of scrambled eggs and toast I headed to bed for a power nap cause I felt rotten. Spent an hour in bed and really didn't feel the better of it. M always tells me its better to keep moving after a long run and I think he might be correct in this case. Anyway job done, we will move onto the next week which has the same distance next Sunday with 8 miles at MP which at this point in time seems totally unmanageable but tomorrow is another day. Currently trying to round up some company for next weekend as most of the park run and raheny crew are doing the charity run next Saturday. Might head over to the PP for this run next week for a change of scenery. 18 miles avg pace 11.08 splits
    11.20, 10.50, 10.57, 11.05, 11.09, 10.56, 11.03, 11.00, 14.22 (forgot to stop watch for pit stop), 10.39, 10.24, 10.47, 10.58, 10.49, 11.15, 10.53, 11.03, 11.15.

Total miles week 40.3 miles
    Total mies YTD 783.3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Great going. I always find this stage to be the toughest going training wise. Only 4 weeks to the taper though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Nice going A, always good to be outlasting the running buddies. Keep it up!

Well done A, good to get it done, even when feeling crapy , nearly there.

Let me know if you're heading to the PP, I'd be happy to do a few miles with you - could probably manage about 6 or 7 at your pace if that's any use :)

Firedance wrote: »
    Let me know if you're heading to the PP, I'd be happy to do a few miles with you - could probably manage about 6 or 7 at your pace if that's any use :)

Oh that would be brilliant AM thanks a mil will message you once plan made thanks a mil.

oops a bit behind on my log for last week.

Week 12 of Marathon Training..... its getting close now :eek:

Monday 12th Sep
    t

Pilates

Tuesday 13th Sept

Plan today was 1 mile easy, 3 miles steady, 1 mile easy.
    Steady pace for me is 10.06. Headed out the coast for this one. Probably should have run more by feel that looking at my watch as I felt I was running too fast and ran the first two miles a bit too fast. Splits, 10.30, 9.22, 9.48, 10.00, 10.57. 5 miles avg pace 10.58.

Wednesday 14th Sept

6 miles easy on the plan today. Decided to run home from work. Woh the heat was unreal. 11.01, 10.52, 10.46, 11.03, 11.03, 11.04. Avg pace 10.58.

Thursday 15th Sept

6 miles easy with 5 * 50m strides on the plan today. Ran from work again today, but the heat was just yeuch, couldn't quiet get into my stride and felt really sluggish. Decided to cut the run short at 4 miles and didn't do the strides, had forgotten my emergency money and was very thirsty. Run was blah :mad::mad:

Friday and Saturday - Rest days. An extra rest day on the plan this week :D:D:D in preparation for the long run Sunday which had 8 miles at MP:eek: Volunteered at St Annes Park Run on Saturday and caught up with all the crew for coffee in Olives afterwards.

Sunday 18th Sept

18 miles LSR with 8 miles at MP today. Really wasn't looking forward to this one and found it was hanging over me all weekend was very anxious about it. My usual running support crew were away at a charity run in Waterford and my long run buddy is out of action for DCM now due to an injury. Firedance very kindly offered to keep me company when I mentioned I was going to head over to the PP for a change and offered to do 6 or 7 of the easy miles with me and then Toulouse one of the 2015 novices offered to do 4 of the MP miles with me. MP for me is somewhere between 9.45 and 9.55. Up at 7.45 for breakfast. Did some stretches and foam rolling before I headed out. Met Firedance at the visitors centre, quick loo stop and we were off. I had measured out the HM route that would bring us back onto Chesterfield Ave where I would pick up Toulouse for the MP miles. I really didn't notice these miles tick away as we chatted around the HM course, we kept the pace nice and steady and felt very comfortable. Before we knew it we had hit the 8 miles. Enjoyed the change of scenery and think doing the HM route will give me some positive vibes before the HM on Saturday. Picked Toulouse up at the roundabout said goodbye to Firedance and we were off on the MP miles. We headed up by the zoo and north road which would give us 4 miles to bring us back onto chesterfield ave. Took a cliff block half way around and could feel my stomach start to get upset. Getting really fed up of the way the stomach is acting up this year on my long runs and still haven't got my fuelling sorted . Starting to think it mighn't be the gels at all but might be the nuun I am drinking during the run and I could feel myself feeling quiet sick drinking it. Toulouse chatted away on the 4 miles while I did chat I felt tired and thankfully she was happy to continue doing most of the chatting. She was feeling so good that when we hit 4 miles she decided to keep going which I was delighted about. Had to run into the visitors centre for a quick pit stop, stomach issues, went by the car and ditched the rest of my nuun and filled my bottle with plain water and drank some, was feeling really thirsty as it had started to get quiet warm. Off we went again on the same loop again. The rain started then and was not nice conditions running across the north road. Toulouse continued on and did the 2 miles easy with me to finish off the run at the visitors centre. Was delighted to have the company for the full run, thanks to AM and C for their company, encouragement and chatter which made the run a lot better than last week and puts me in a much more positive mind before Saturdays HM. Splits below.

9. 9.34 (mp)
    10.9.53 (mp)
    11.9.52 (mp)
    12.9.51 (mp)
    13.9.47 (mp)
    14.9.56 (mp)
    15.10.00(mp)
    16.10.04(mp)

Total 18 miles avg pace 10.26:D:D

Off to Hill 16 with Mc Jnr to see the Dubs put in a dismal display of football in the afternoon. My poor legs were tired standing in the hill. A well deserved take away when we got home and couldn't keep the eyes open to watch the Sunday game that evening so off to bed for me !

One word, Imodium melts (okay, that's two words....) I always took one pre long run and carried one with me. Might be worth a try? Also you could try drinking dyoralite the day before your long run and with your breakfast the morning of the run and ditch the nunn altogether. Well done doing two more loops of the stunningly beautiful North Road :D You're absolutely flying A, the very best of luck on Saturday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

I have my suspicions about the Nuun too A. I think it may have caused my problems in Belfast. I've stopped using them and now use S-Caps / Succeed Caps. Basically it's just a pill you swallow with water which does the same thing. Might be worth a try. Just take one an hour with plain water. I have to keep everything that goes into my system as plain and simple as possible. I'll know on Saturday if it's the Nuun that was causing the problems!!!!
    Nice long run btw! Well done!

Firedance wrote: »
    One word, Imodium melts (okay, that's two words....) I always took one pre long run and carried one with me. Might be worth a try? Also you could try drinking dyoralite the day before your long run and with your breakfast the morning of the run and ditch the nunn altogether. Well done doing two more loops of the stunningly beautiful North Road :D You're absolutely flying A, the very best of luck on Saturday!

Thanks AM :) will deffo try both your suggestions thanks.

• Advertisement

Ososlo wrote: »
    I have my suspicions about the Nuun too A. I think it may have caused my problems in Belfast. I've stopped using them and now use S-Caps / Succeed Caps. Basically it's just a pill you swallow with water which does the same thing. Might be worth a try. Just take one an hour with plain water. I have to keep everything that goes into my system as plain and simple as possible. I'll know on Saturday if it's the Nuun that was causing the problems!!!!
    Nice long run btw! Well done!

Thanks A :) best of luck on Saturday looking forward to the report ! Thanks for suggestions all are greatly appreciated :)

Well done A, good hard session put away, good to be able to grind it out when
    not 100%.

Best luck Saturday A, have a great race, relax and enjoy:)

Cheers G :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

great training going on here Mrs Mc, hope you have a great race tomorrow.

The very best of luck A, you're training is going really well, don't let the negative thoughts in on Saturday, you're more than capable so get out there and have a great race, looking forward to hearing about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭diego_b

Best of luck A, hope it's a good day out for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

All the best for tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mbarr

Good luck A!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Best of luck tomorrow. Hope ye get a good day for it!

Advertisement