Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never say never

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

Younganne wrote: »
    great training going on here Mrs Mc, hope you have a great race tomorrow.

Thanks Anne here's hoping :)

Best of luck tomorrow. Hope ye get a good day for it!

Forecast is shocking M thinks it's going to be like FD 10 mile will decide targets in the morning when I see what weather is like.

Firedance wrote: »
    The very best of luck A, you're training is going really well, don't let the negative thoughts in on Saturday, you're more than capable so get out there and have a great race, looking forward to hearing about it :)

Will have to dig out that box DG used to get us to put our negative thoughts into last year !!! Thanks AM.

mbarr wrote: »
    Good luck A!
    RedRunner wrote: »
    All the best for tomorrow!
    diego_b wrote: »
    Best of luck A, hope it's a good day out for you!

Thanks for the good wishes all :)

Okay so quick update on the week so far

Week 13 of DCM training, dear God only 5 weeks left :eek:

Monday 19th Sept

Booked in for a sports massage just what was needed after the long run Sunday. Straight onto pilates then Monday night, some work with kettle bells.

Tuesday 20th Sept

So as September arrives so do other "non running" interests, yes I do have them !!! so trying to juggle time around. Normally speed work is on Tuesday night but when its intervals I struggle to get them done as I can't get out till late and like to do them on the avenue in St Anne's, so pushed them to Wednesday and aimed to do my 4 miles with 5*50m strides tonight which left 8 miles for Thursday. FBOT advised against this and said I shouldn't be doing the 8 miles on Thursday with the HM on Saturday so it meant I had to head out at 8.15 to do 8 miles tonight. Was not feeling the love as its now dark at this time, so had to dig out the long running bottoms and the high viz. But I have to say really enjoyed this run, legs felt great, was a lovely evening However running from Wongs to Watermill Road is very dark and isolated with the ongoing road works will definately rethink that one, speed definately increased for this mile !!! 8 miles avg pace 10.42 splits 10.49,10.27, 10.30, 10.48, 10.41, 10.30, 10.44, 11.07 pace was a little fast but I was scared in the dark :p:p

Wednesday 21st Sept

A friend who is following the same plan as me absolutely hates intervals so while she is a lot fater than me she asked if I would do them with her so that she had some company. I got a text on my way home to check were we still going to go out as the heavens had opened and it was lashing down. She was horrified when I said of course we are. Mc Jnr then rang me to say she would come running with me as her GAA training was cancelled and it didn't seem to phase her that we were doing intervals. Off we set in the spills with a mile warm up to St Annes to the avenue. The plan had 6 *400 m intervals with 90 seconds recovery. So for me the pace has to be between 2.07 CV, 2.01 AP or 1.56 VO2 max. Off we set with the two others belting off I stayed within my required pace. While the rain belted down it wasn't too cold and there was a level of smugness aren't I just amazing out running in the rain :D:D:D

lap 1 1.57
    lap 2 2.01
    lap 3 1.57
    lap 4 2.02
    lap 5 1.57
    lap 6 2.01

Was really happy with these, obviously I find the drag going back up the ave a bit harder than going down as the splits are very consistent and the intervals were done, down, up, and so on. 1 mile cool down home. 4 miles avg pace 10.11.

Thursday 22nd Sept

4 miles easy with 5 * 50m strides. Headed out again choosing the long running bottoms and a long sleeve high viz top, me thinks winter is coming as there was a nip in the air. 4 miles avg pace 10.50, splits 11.02, 10.53, 10.50, 10.37.

Friday 23rd Sept

Rest day and preparation for HM tomorrow. Really nervous about this race and am still undecided about how to approach it. Resident coach is golfing in Spain so am missing having him to bounce my race strategy off ! But he rang earlier so used that as my opportunity !! and he said I should start behind the 2 hour pacers keep them in my sights and see how I feel and how the weather is but not to be giving up on a pb just yet. The PB is 2.07 would love to get the sub 2 but don't want to loose sight of the main thing either. Sure we will wait and see how it goes tomorrow.

Best of luck to all doing it, hope to see a few familiar faces tomorrow. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Mrs Mc wrote: »
    Okay so quick update on the week so far

Week 13 of DCM training, dear God only 5 weeks left :eek:

Monday 19th Sept

Booked in for a sports massage just what was needed after the long run Sunday. Straight onto pilates then Monday night, some work with kettle bells.

Tuesday 20th Sept

So as September arrives so do other "non running" interests, yes I do have them !!! so trying to juggle time around. Normally speed work is on Tuesday night but when its intervals I struggle to get them done as I can't get out till late and like to do them on the avenue in St Anne's, so pushed them to Wednesday and aimed to do my 4 miles with 5*50m strides tonight which left 8 miles for Thursday. FBOT advised against this and said I shouldn't be doing the 8 miles on Thursday with the HM on Saturday so it meant I had to head out at 8.15 to do 8 miles tonight. Was not feeling the love as its now dark at this time, so had to dig out the long running bottoms and the high viz. But I have to say really enjoyed this run, legs felt great, was a lovely evening However running from Wongs to Watermill Road is very dark and isolated with the ongoing road works will definately rethink that one, speed definately increased for this mile !!! 8 miles avg pace 10.42 splits 10.49,10.27, 10.30, 10.48, 10.41, 10.30, 10.44, 11.07 pace was a little fast but I was scared in the dark :p:p

Wednesday 21st Sept

A friend who is following the same plan as me absolutely hates intervals so while she is a lot fater than me she asked if I would do them with her so that she had some company. I got a text on my way home to check were we still going to go out as the heavens had opened and it was lashing down. She was horrified when I said of course we are. Mc Jnr then rang me to say she would come running with me as her GAA training was cancelled and it didn't seem to phase her that we were doing intervals. Off we set in the spills with a mile warm up to St Annes to the avenue. The plan had 6 *400 m intervals with 90 seconds recovery. So for me the pace has to be between 2.07 CV, 2.01 AP or 1.56 VO2 max. Off we set with the two others belting off I stayed within my required pace. While the rain belted down it wasn't too cold and there was a level of smugness aren't I just amazing out running in the rain :D:D:D

lap 1 1.57
    lap 2 2.01
    lap 3 1.57
    lap 4 2.02
    lap 5 1.57
    lap 6 2.01

Was really happy with these, obviously I find the drag going back up the ave a bit harder than going down as the splits are very consistent and the intervals were done, down, up, and so on. 1 mile cool down home. 4 miles avg pace 10.11.

Thursday 22nd Sept

4 miles easy with 5 * 50m strides. Headed out again choosing the long running bottoms and a long sleeve high viz top, me thinks winter is coming as there was a nip in the air. 4 miles avg pace 10.50, splits 11.02, 10.53, 10.50, 10.37.

Friday 23rd Sept

Rest day and preparation for HM tomorrow. Really nervous about this race and am still undecided about how to approach it. Resident coach is golfing in Spain so am missing having him to bounce my race strategy off ! But he rang earlier so used that as my opportunity !! and he said I should start behind the 2 hour pacers keep them in my sights and see how I feel and how the weather is but not to be giving up on a pb just yet. The PB is 2.07 would love to get the sub 2 but don't want to loose sight of the main thing either. Sure we will wait and see how it goes tomorrow.

Best of luck to all doing it, hope to see a few familiar faces tomorrow. ;)

Your friend is a lot fater than you....???

Hope they don't read this :)

TbL

Your friend is a lot fater than you....???

Hope they don't read this :)

TbL

Oh dear typo hope she doesn't read it ..... should say faster !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

Lol, I was just going to ask if she was fatter or faster than you!
    Best of luck tomorrow. Remember it's not the main thing so just run well as the conditions allow and don't worry about pb's.

chickey2 wrote: »
    Lol, I was just going to ask if she was fatter or faster than you!
    Best of luck tomorrow. Remember it's not the main thing so just run well as the conditions allow and don't worry about pb's.

Yeah think that's the sensible thing to do :)

Yeah think that's the sensible thing to do :)

Yeah just have to take my own advice now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

Best of luck tomorrow A, have a great race!

jake1970 wrote: »
    Best of luck tomorrow A, have a great race!

Thanks J :)

Well I'm chuffed with my shiney new hm pb 2.03.46 from 2.07.04 I needed a good positive run before dcm so job done. will do a report later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Well I'm chuffed with my shiney new hm pb 2.03.46 from 2.07.04 I needed a good positive run before dcm so job done. will do a report later.

Very good. Well done.
    Tough course to pb on without the wind we had today. I wouldn't say there were many.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Delighted for you, training paying off. Well done A.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Well done! Great to see you today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Nice one A. Tis great when the training pays off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Great work A. Congrats.

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Very good. Well done.
    Tough course to pb on without the wind we had today. I wouldn't say there were many.

Thanks P hope you and E got on well :)

Nice one A. Tis great when the training pays off.

''Tis indeed :)

• Advertisement

Well done! Great to see you today!

And you C thanks for the flapjacks :)

Younganne wrote: »
    Delighted for you, training paying off. Well done A.

Thanks Anne.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭diego_b

Well done A, fine chunk off your pb that!

diego_b wrote: »
    Well done A, fine chunk off your pb that!

Thanks D yes a good day at the office.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Great going, Mrs Mc, delighted for you!!!

annapr wrote: »
    Great going, Mrs Mc, delighted for you!!!

Thanks Anna :)

Well done, that's a good bit off your pb!

chickey2 wrote: »
    Well done, that's a good bit off your pb!

Thanks C well done to you great run for you today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Great stuff, A - very well done. Nice work during the week too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

After the wine? :D Brilliant, really delighted to see this result today, roll on October 30th!!

Advertisement