Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never say never

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

You. Will. Be. Awesome.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

Kennyg71 wrote: »
    Have a great race A, 4.20 all the way. See you along the way at some stage.

Thanks G and thanks for all the help with my MP runs :)

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    You. Will. Be. Awesome.

That is all.

Thanks G :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Best of luck on Sunday. Hope it goes well.

Well that's it last run of dcm training done and dusted.

Started off the week with Pilates Monday instructor knows I'm doing the marathon so did a lot of stretching which was good.

Bonus Rest day Tuesday didn't know what to do with myself so started to get my stuff out for Sunday and get stuff washed and ready. Had a sports massage booked for wed eve so meant I'd to get my run done in the morning on Wednesday before week. Headed out at 6.45 into the pitch black was actually very nervous. As soon as I came out the gate a runner ran up the other side of the road. Not the only mad igiot out !!! 4 miles avg pace 10.58.

Sports massage Wednesday worked out all the leg niggles leg is strapped with kenzo tape now for Sunday.

Thursday last run of the marathon training can't believe it. Went out with my friend who is doing her first marathon on Sunday and hoping for 4 hours so we haven't been able to train together so we thought it apt we do the final run together. 3 miles easy avg pace 10.54.

Nothing more to be done now but rest up mind the leg and hope it doesn't act up Sunday. My ytd mileage is up to 997.7 miles so will break the 1,000 miles in my first 3 miles on Sunday woh woh.

So that's it thanks for all the good wishes folks. I'm so excited about it a mix of nerves and excitement. I'm really happy with how the training went this year I'm feeling well prepared and strong so hopefully this leg niggle doesn't impact on the plans for the day but sure if it does will go for plan b or plan c which DG taught us. So plan A is to go with 4.20 pacers see how I feel plan B will be pb (last years time was 4.31) and plan C will be run it and finish it.

Looking forward to Mc Grattans on Sunday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Best of luck A and will be glued to the 4:20 pacers to spot you. All that experience and mileage to use on the big day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Have a great run, Anne. Hope it goes perfectly for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

All the best for Sunday, A! You'll be awesome, I know it! See you McGrattans!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭nop98

Good luck Mrs Mc! See you on the course, or in McG's afterwards hopefully.

denis b wrote: »
    Best of luck A and will be glued to the 4:20 pacers to spot you. All that experience and mileage to use on the big day.

Thanks D did I spot you out running on Wednesday morning early ???? Running along the seafront I was on the outside path.

• Advertisement

HelenAnne wrote: »
    Have a great run, Anne. Hope it goes perfectly for you.

Thanks a mil Helen :)

All the best for Sunday, A! You'll be awesome, I know it! See you McGrattans!

Thanks C looking forward to mcgrattans already :)

nop98 wrote: »
    Good luck Mrs Mc! See you on the course, or in McG's afterwards hopefully.

Thanks Nop good luck to all your novices :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Have a great day! Looking forward to the race report already, hope there's plenty of whooping and FBOT up trees! I'm sure I'll cya in the pub in the meantime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Mrs Mc wrote: »
    Thanks D did I spot you out running on Wednesday morning early ???? Running along the seafront I was on the outside path.

That must have been my doppelganger :D. I normally don't move that fast that I would not be recognised. Back off the mountains and back running this morning ok. All good and primed for spectating on Sunday. Give it socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

Best of luck on Sunday A, A goal all the way!!!

Singer wrote: »
    Have a great day! Looking forward to the race report already, hope there's plenty of whooping and FBOT up trees! I'm sure I'll cya in the pub in the meantime :)

He's pacing 3.30 this year ! See ya in Mc G.

denis b wrote: »
    That must have been my doppelganger :D. I normally don't move that fast that I would not be recognised. Back off the mountains and back running this morning ok. All good and primed for spectating on Sunday. Give it socks.

Glad I didn't wave frantically so :) thanks D

jake1970 wrote: »
    Best of luck on Sunday A, A goal all the way!!!

Here's hoping J have a great run too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Best of luck tomorrow Anne.
    See you in McGrattans.

• Advertisement

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Best of luck tomorrow Anne.
    See you in McGrattans.

Thanks P good luck bringing the 3.40's home tomorrow see ya in Mc G's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Go Mrs Mc!!! Have a great day and see you for PB beers after!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Give it a lash! All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Mrs Mc wrote: »
    He's pacing 3.30 this year ! See ya in Mc G.

That's no excuse! He can still climb trees and get the gang home in 3.29 :D

Singer wrote: »
    That's no excuse! He can still climb trees and get the gang home in 3.29 :D

Will tell him !!!

Murph_D wrote: »
    Give it a lash! All the best.

Thanks D will miss ya tomorrow hope the 4.20 pacers are up to your high standards of pacing !!

annapr wrote: »
    Go Mrs Mc!!! Have a great day and see you for PB beers after!

Looking forward to them already !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭PJD

If anyone can....... (wait for it)............ mrs mac can!!!!!!

PJD wrote: »
    If anyone can....... (wait for it)............ mrs mac can!!!!!!

Ah P thanks a mil hopefully see you at some stage tomorrow :)

• Advertisement

Bad day at the office for me stomach issues which involved 3 toilet stops which messed with the pace and the head. There were tears ! Reviewed the targets mid race and a finish was all I could do. I'm delighted with my finish I'm disgusted that I couldn't give the race the full effort that I felt I had in me but I'm in good company around these parts as we all have bad races through no fault of our own and you live to tell the tale. Will give more details later. I'm wrecked :) time 4.48 pb 4.31 goal time 4.20 :(

Advertisement