Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never say never

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Ah here, 'tis not that far from civilisation! ;-) Great report and and sounds like a similar day to myself. I met your other half (twice) and not yourself again - I'll have to drop into St. Anne's the next time I'm up in the big shmoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Ah here, 'tis not that far from civilisation! ;-)

Oh those dubs... :p

A, you weren't far off your PB yesterday, on a tough day, well done. And thanks for letting us all invade your space beforehand!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

Kennyg71 wrote: »
    Good report Anne, good to see of the teenagers at the end. Onwards to Dublin :D
    you did say you had unfinished business.

Ha ha G that's those celebratory pints talking don't pay any heed :)

Ah here, 'tis not that far from civilisation! ;-) Great report and and sounds like a similar day to myself. I met your other half (twice) and not yourself again - I'll have to drop into St. Anne's the next time I'm up in the big shmoke.

Ah sorry to have missed ya again M I heard you bumped into the park run gang alright ! Must be just my phone then had visions of standing on a chair with my arm in the air to try get service at one stage !!!!

annapr wrote: »
    Oh those dubs... :p

A, you weren't far off your PB yesterday, on a tough day, well done. And thanks for letting us all invade your space beforehand!

Thanks for the shouts of support A much appreciated.

• Advertisement

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Ha ha, brilliant Anne. Who cares about PBs when you're beating young 'uns! Great performance, well done :D.

Better than any medal G :)

Murph_D wrote: »
    Great stuff Anne, not far off PB shape at all so that's a lot of progress after your recent setback. Well done, nice running. Amazing how a little competition can put a pep in the step. :)

Yes have to take the positives D all heading in the right direction hopefully :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

Well done A, great running.
    You are definitely heading in the right direction(DCM):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Well done A - For someone who missed quite a big chunk of training after DCM, you ran that PB very close! Onwards and upwards now, that consistent training is obviously paying off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Smashing report and run Anne. Delighted to see you enjoying your running. DCM 16 but a distant memory.

• Advertisement

jake1970 wrote: »
    Well done A, great running.
    You are definitely heading in the right direction(DCM):)

Never say never ha ha :)

Duanington wrote: »
    Well done A - For someone who missed quite a big chunk of training after DCM, you ran that PB very close! Onwards and upwards now, that consistent training is obviously paying off

Here's hoping D

denis b wrote: »
    Smashing report and run Anne. Delighted to see you enjoying your running. DCM 16 but a distant memory.

Yep that's it Denis it's all about this year now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Great report Mrs Mc and congrats on a great gutsy run.

Please do remember that you had a good spell off with the injury so to be so close to the Pb is a great result and you are getting there. Keep it going now and the PBs will follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Well done, A! It was hot, and breezy and you still nearly ran a PB! You looked v strong and still pretty happy when I saw you. Sorry we didn't bump into any of you after. I wanted to thank Mark for the cheer as well and to congratulate him on his fab time too.

Younganne wrote: »
    Great report Mrs Mc and congrats on a great gutsy run.

Please do remember that you had a good spell off with the injury so to be so close to the Pb is a great result and you are getting there. Keep it going now and the PBs will follow.

Thanks Anne will do :)

HelenAnne wrote: »
    Well done, A! It was hot, and breezy and you still nearly ran a PB! You looked v strong and still pretty happy when I saw you. Sorry we didn't bump into any of you after. I wanted to thank Mark for the cheer as well and to congratulate him on his fab time too.

The legs really appreciated your shout out on that last stretch Helen thanks so much great job yourself you had a super run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭diego_b

Excellent report A, good marker laid down for the year there and fingers crossed on the injury front for you now.

diego_b wrote: »
    Excellent report A, good marker laid down for the year there and fingers crossed on the injury front for you now.

Thanks D :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Great running at the weekend A, very well done.

• Advertisement

tang1 wrote: »
    Great running at the weekend A, very well done.

Thanks B :)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭PJD

Well done Mrs Mac. Great reading!

Has anyone found my mojo left it somewhere in Ballycotton has not been seen since. Running is becoming a real effort at the moment. Took a few days off after Ballycotton think I only ran 8 miles in total the week after. A night away family stuff work you name it it got in the way.

Last week was a bit better 6 miles easy tues avg pace 10.24, wed the usual runmute in the most awful rain wind and cold enjoyed nothing about this run 5 miles avg pace 11.01 sums up the conditions ! Finished off the night with a Pilates class. With a planned trip to Edinburgh for the weekend with non runners felt I'd better get in a reasonable distance done before I headed off as there was going to be no running at the weekend. Joined by Mrs KennyG for this one got 8 miles done avg pace 10.43. 6 am flight Friday morning weekend away to Edinburgh. Just what the doctor ordered.

Back into this week with 6 miles last night avg pace 10.22.

Planned runmute and Pilates canned tonight as I had to work late. Work is so busy recently which I think is adding to this lack of mojo.

So what am I doing about this lack of enthusiasm. I've signed up for the Great Ireland, the Terenure 5 and the Irish runner 5 mile. A few things to focus the mind. The club speed sessions are changing to hill sprints this week so will give them a lash. Need to dig out a new plan focus the mind and the body. Was running 5 days a week up to ballycotton so little time for anything else with work being so busy. Thinking I might drop one of the days take up something else for a bit of variety ... dunno will see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

As BG Jr. always says to me when I lose something: Where did you have it last ? :rolleyes:
    Sounds like a race (or 3 ;)) might help you find your mojo again. Hope work calms down for you soon.

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    As BG Jr. always says to me when I lose something: Where did you have it last ? :rolleyes:
    Sounds like a race (or 3 ;)) might help you find your mojo again. Hope work calms down for you soon.

Thanks G just said if I wrote it down it's a line in the sand and I move on. When you miss a run the guilt is terrible cause everyone seems to be out running when you're getting home from work !!! its only 1 missed day after all !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

Only one thing for it A, work seems to be problem it'll have to go. Nothing like a new chlannge. Hope your mojo returns soon:)

Like it G might suggest that to M !!!

Week continued with club session on Thursday night. With the brighter evenings the session has moved into St Annes but instead of doing intervals we are doing hill sprints for the next 3 to 4 weeks. Have never done these before so looking for a change up in training it was a good opportunity to do something different. It's about 500 Mtrs starting at our park run route hill sprinting to the top of that then walk jogging to the top of the hill the other side (beside wongs for those of you familiar with the area) and sprinting down that and walk jogging back to the start. 8 times. After some stretches and stride outs we knuckled down into the session. Was a good session enjoyed it.

Rest day Friday.

Sat 1st Apr St Anne's parkrun Saturday morning. Joined a few of the boardies for this one deciding to go for the social chat run and headed off with PJD Toulouse and KennyG for this one. It actually turned into a progression run probably due to the congestion in the first mile in lap 1. Enjoyed the run and I felt the effort. Avg 9.08 mile splits 9.41, 9.02, 8.51. Made an extra effort at the hill after our training during the week. Catch up coffees and token sorting afterwards.

Sunday 2nd Apr Up early on volunteer duty at jnr parkrun. Glorious morning and loads of kids enjoying the good weather. I was tail runner this morning so had to deal with the kids who were insisting they had no energy or trying to convince their parents that they were never coming back !!! Saw DD in the midst of a gang of kids not sure if he was mid training session and got caught in the crowd or was running with a jnr !!! Quick cuppa afterwards and then headed out with Anna Pr and two others from pr for 8 miles. Really enjoyed the company and the run pace was steady and easy morning was gorgeous we headed for Sutton so enjoyed running by the coast. Felt great afterwards. Home for some stretches foam rolling and toast and scrambled eggs. A good mornings work. Needed two enjoyable days like that to get back into enjoying running. 8 miles avg pace 10.17 splits 10.17,10.13,10.16,10.17,10,17,10.23, 10.18,10,15.

Total weekly mileage 21.1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

That hill sprint training already having an effect... the way you raced up the hill at the end today! :)

• Advertisement

annapr wrote: »
    That hill sprint training already having an effect... the way you raced up the hill at the end today! :)

Eager to finish Anna !!! Thanks for the company today :)

Advertisement