Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never say never

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

See you in Charleville then! Best of luck with the training and racing. Sounds like your going to have a good summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Delighted to see all those dates lining up Mrs Mc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭diego_b

Nice targets to aim for A, I fully expect to meet you in very good form in Charleville as the that's the place to get that half marathon one done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Mrs Mc wrote: »
    Terenure 5 in May, Irish runner 5 in June, mini marathon in June are all booked and I'll probably do the Frank Duffy and the half marathon is looking like charleville seeing as everyone seems to be doing that. Have decided not to do s marathon this year following wise words from M need to get my niggles sorted and aim for the shorter stuff instead. A sub 2 half marathon is probably the goal with the pb at 2.03 and the sub 1.30 for the 10 mile with the pb at 1.31. So with two weeks of good running behind me and the leg behaving I think it's time to get a plan.

Sounds like a good plan, A! Hope to see you at a few of those events :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

diego_b wrote: »
    Nice targets to aim for A, I fully expect to meet you in very good form in Charleville as the that's the place to get that half marathon one done.

Hearing great things about it D seems to be a good crew of us going down too.

• Advertisement

denis b wrote: »
    Delighted to see all those dates lining up Mrs Mc.

Will keep me honest Denis :)

annapr wrote: »
    Sounds like a good plan, A! Hope to see you at a few of those events :D

We can drag each other around Anna and give out about work :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

It looks like Charleville is the place to be this September.
    Best of luck with your training and racing over the coming months A.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Best of luck tomorrow, bring home a PB and no negative thoughts allowed #gohardorgohome

Good luck tomorrow. Hope all is well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭nop98

Forgot to say today: "Good luck!". For hashtag-inspiration, I fully subscribe to AgyR above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

Best Of luck tomorrow A. Have a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Enjoy it!

Best of luck tomorrow, bring home a PB and no negative thoughts allowed #gohardorgohome

Yes positive mental attitude :)

Thanks for the good wishes folks :)

Another few busy weeks in work and life and other priorities has resulted in me not getting out as much as I would like to get out. The runs have been easy with no speed work and no hills and just getting out to get the miles in, this was leaving me feeling very unprepared for the Terenure 5 this weekend. Big effort over the weekend was to try and rid the negative thoughts with positive thoughts.

Quick update on the last 2 weeks, Thurs 4th May 6 miles easy avg pace 10.18, 6th May 10 miles easy taking in St Anne's park run avg pace 10 mins, Mon 8th May 5 miles easy avg pace 10.38 dreadful fun felt like I hadn't run in months legs very heavy and could not get any pace, Tues 9th working late didn't get out, guilt set in so went out at 6.15am Wed 10th May got 4 miles in before work, beautiful morning legs felt much better enjoyed this run avg pace 9.31. Busy with other committments for the remainder of the week so no further running for the week before Terenure 5.

Went over to Cabinteely PR on Saturday where M was doing guest run director. I did volunteering, great to catch up with Nop, AGYR, The muppet and Yaboya who was first finisher, catch up coffees with everyone afterwards.

We had family over in the evening for a bar b q as the two Mc Juniors were celebrating birthdays in the last week so was busy for the remainder of the day. Would have preferred to get to bed earlier with Terenure the next day but sure thats life.

Got up at 7.30 had some porridge and tea, did some stretches and got ready, any time I started to get negative thoughts about the race I tried to replaceit with a positive one, have to say its hard when you are not feeling in the zone.

Got a lift over from some of the PR gang so that was a good distraction on the way over. Parked up and did a warm up mile. The weather had changed and sun was shining and it was starting to get warm. Spoke to M about race tactics and the PB at 44.01 I wanted to get under this anyway so advice was to keep at 8.40 pace and see how it went and to just go an enjoy the race. I had checked out the strava route from last year and there is a drag on mile 2 and mile 5 so the plan was to try and bag some extra time on mile 1 and 4.

Mile 1 felt good wasn't too congested avg pace 8.29 happy days some time in the bag.
    Mile 2 was feeling warm was feeling the drag but pushed myself to try and keep on pace avg pace 8.46 still okay.
    Mile 3 started to feel the road even out and was feeling strong, negative thoughts were coming in every now and again but kept pushing them out trying to keep the mind positive. Was feeling tired now avg pace 8.49 still happy enough I was on plan.
    Mile 4 avg pace 8.50 was getting tough now, only a mile left.
    Mile 5 definately felt the benefit of doing the speed sessions with the club recently for the last 400mtrs of the race, thought the finish line would never come into sight, there is a drag towards the end so the legs and body started to hurt, my no 1 supporter FBOT wasn't there today so was missing him at the finish line but could hear him in my head to give it my all, stop looking at my watch, focus on the finish. A lot of the club were at the finish area having finished their race so got a bit shout out from them. Gave it my all to the finish line avg pace 8.48. Finished in 43.46 a 15 seconds pb was delighted. I needed this race to be a positive race for me, so was glad of that. Post run teas and coffees afterwards and catch up with Murph, AnnaP and Ferris and BG afterwards and great to see the club do so well in the prizes. Big shout out to BG for her shout out on the course.

So time to draw a line under the negativity and move on. A good result. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Absolutely delighted for you A, onwards now, plenty more PB's to be had for 2017 especially with the new PMA in action!

Well done A!! Great result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Mrs Mc wrote: »

my no 1 supporter FBOT wasn't there today so was missing him at the finish line but could hear him in my head to give it my all, stop looking at my watch, focus on the finish.

Aw how sweet A! :D

Great going today, great to see you turn the corner and have a positive day... sounds like you executed the plan very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭nop98

Well done - delighted to hear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

Good stuff A, well done on PB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

That's brilliant! Well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Well done A - great to see hard work paying off like that....nothing like a hard earned PB to put an extra boost into the training too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Well done on the PB Anne, great result. Looking forward to see you PB at plenty more distances and now that you have the Positives to work from, there'll be no stopping you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Well A "Congratulations". Sometimes it can be a battle just to get to the line, and you did. And when you got there you toughened it out every step to a great personal performance. That will stand to you Mrs Mc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭diego_b

Well done on the pb A, glad to hear it went well for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Nicely done, sounds like a good day and hope you build on it.

Thanks a mil folks operation positive thinking is underway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Great to get a PB at that race - its not an easy one, despite what the blurb says.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Great stuff Anne, nice run of form for you.

Advertisement