Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never say never

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Super session, MrsMc! Sub 25 can't be long coming, just sayin'.

Nothing quite like a run, particularly a tough one, when your mind is otherwise occupied. I think you go faster than normal because your brain isn't focussing on the pain of the run itself, because it's thinking about the the real life stuff instead, so it lets you run faster because you're not feeling the pain like you normally do. That's my theory for a Sunday morning anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

Thanks guys. Here's hoping as I've to get my a$$ out the door again and do 9 miles. Think sub 25 is a bit away yet but it's going in the right direction :)

Sunday 21st of Feb

Graduates plan had 95 mins easy today. What a horrible day out there today decided not to set the alarm today as I was tired going to bed and just head out when I woke up. Turned down the offer to run around Howth Head this morning at 8..... too much like hard work :( Didn't wake till 10 and I could hear the rain and the wind outside immediate thoughts were yeuch !! Headed out at 11 and planned the route so the coastal run was with the wind and when I looped back around Howth Road it would be a bit more sheltered and into the wind. 95 mins would get me in or around 9.5 miles and the OCD in me left it nice and rounded and set out with the 9.5 miles as the plan. This was a hard one but I enjoyed it all the same, the miles into the wind were tough and the change in my splits are very evident. Total distance 9.55 miles avg pace 10.37. Splits are 10.39, 10.33, 10.32,10.42,11.01,10.39, 10.33, 10.33, 10.10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

Ran around green to an even 14 miles, so as not to upset you if you read mileage :D, good run well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Great minds think alike. Had the same idea to beat the wind but sounds as though your plan worked a little better. Well done A, that's 2 hard days on the mind and body but its done and dusted.

• Advertisement

Kennyg71 wrote: »
    Ran around green to an even 14 miles, so as not to upset you if you read mileage :D, good run well done.

I am suitably impressed G welcome to OCD :)

denis b wrote: »
    Great minds think alike. Had the same idea to beat the wind but sounds as though your plan worked a little better. Well done A, that's 2 hard days on the mind and body but its done and dusted.

Looking forward to the rest day tomorrow D we are such warriors !:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

:D. Don't get sucked in to the OCD around here G! We have to resist :D

Plus it messes with their minds when you do mileage ending in .9 :p

Good session, A, you nailed it!

annapr wrote: »

Only LR try to make sure hit target. Rest pretty much when hit front gate.

Anna I'm shocked thought you would be with us on the OCD !!! But then aren't you still on km :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Stop freaking me out, not funny.

Oh and if you need me for a sub 25 pacing gig let me know. Anna loved it and I gave her a nice cushion too, a very generous one actually.

aquinn wrote: »

Oh and if you need me for a sub 25 pacing gig let me know. Anna loved it and I gave her a nice cushion too, a very generous one actually.

Thanks for the offer might take you up on that in the distant future :)

Well running has been crap this week life and travel for work and working this weekend in Galway has resulted in very little running. Found myself playing catch up all week missing Pilates Monday and doing Wednesday's class to make up resulting in running late Wednesday night thankfully Mrs KennyG joined me for this one so it meant I got out. 4 miles easy done. Work and other commitments has taken over with the result today was looking like the only day I might manage to get out after Wednesday. There was a park run in Athlone which was 15 mins away so that was the plan but unfortunately had to go into work for 8 so it meant the threadmill was going to be the only option today. Yeuch it's so boring. Managed 5 km but pace was slow but got it done. Spent another while in the gym cross training and doing some core work and finished off with a few lengths of the pool and a sauna. Suddenly started to feel a bit relaxed and ready to head back into work for 3. 9/10miles on the plan tomorrow not sure when I'm going to get it done back in work tomorrow and then hopefully hitting the road home by 4. Feeling terribly guilty at not following plan this week particularly with ballycotton next week. But reckon catching up on my z's is better preparation for next weekend. ;(

Better to be well rested for sure, will need all energies for ballycotton, your running had been pretty consistent lately so no worries:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Better to be well rested for sure, will need all energies for ballycotton, your running had been pretty consistent lately so no worries:)

+ 1 to this A, you've been extremely consistent, don't feel guilty - sometimes other things will take priority and that's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

aquinn wrote: »

:eek: :eek: that's not quite how I remember it! But yes she is a persistent pacer :p

Best luck Sunday, nice shiny new PB on the way, no pressure:) sure that's only for tyres

Best luck Sunday, nice shiny new PB on the way, no pressure:)

Thanks G no pressure ! Hoping for a pb too ! hopefully the weather will be ok Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Have a great race Mrs Mc! You deserve a super time and I'm sure you'll get it. Enjoy the apres-race too :).

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Have a great race Mrs Mc! You deserve a super time and I'm sure you'll get it. Enjoy the apres-race too :).

That's G hoping it's a good one :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Best of luck A, have a super race and of course.. ENJOY!!

Firedance wrote: »
    Best of luck A, have a super race and of course.. ENJOY!!

Ha ha think I heard that somewhere before sure if you can't enjoy it you shouldn't be doing it. Good luck you too. Looking forward to the report :)

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

Expecting great things after all that training. Give it socks.

Ferris B wrote: »
    Expecting great things after all that training. Give it socks.

Thanks C hope it's a good one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Best of luck Sunday, hope it goes well for you.

tang1 wrote: »
    Best of luck Sunday, hope it goes well for you.

Thanks have no music planned for the journey though hope this isn't part of mental preparation that I don't know about !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Good luck on Sunday A.
    Will see you down there.

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Good luck on Sunday A.
    Will see you down there.

Cheers P :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Best of luck Sunday A - you've been training well of late so get out and reap the rewards!

• Advertisement

Duanington wrote: »
    Best of luck Sunday A - you've been training well of late so get out and reap the rewards!

Thanks D hopefully it will be a good one friends are down there tonight and the locals forecasting heavy rain on Sunday ... Ah well best pack the bin liners !!! ;(

Advertisement