Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never say never

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭aoboa

Mrs Mc wrote: »
    Nothing to report this week sick with throath bad cough and general aches n pains means no running for me. It's such a gorgeous day today perfect day for a run. But unfortunately in the pjs on the couch feeling sorry for myself :( just hoping M manages not to catch it before Boston as its gone through the rest of the household.

Do you suffer from hayfever by any chance?
    Thought I was coming down with something (same sort of symptoms as you) and was finding all my runs this week really hard until someone in work mentioned hayfever (which I suffer from).
    Took an antihistamine this morning and feel right as rain now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

Firedance wrote: »
    Aw no A, hope you're feeling better soon! The shed is a super idea :p:p

Yeah I think he'd be very happy there :)

FBOT01 wrote: »
    FYP :p

But I'm sick ;(

aoboa wrote: »
    Do you suffer from hayfever by any chance?
    Thought I was coming down with something (same sort of symptoms as you) and was finding all my runs this week really hard until someone in work mentioned hayfever (which I suffer from).
    Took an antihistamine this morning and feel right as rain now :)

No don't suffer from hayfever that I know of anyway. The dose has been going around the house so just assume I'm getting that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

It's only a dose of woman flu. Not as serious as the real thing. ;)

Great pacing job last Sat, you could have a bright future ahead of you in that game!

• Advertisement

Murph_D wrote: »
    It's only a dose of woman flu. Not as serious as the real thing. ;)

Great pacing job last Sat, you could have a bright future ahead of you in that game!

Not as serious as man flu you mean !!! Yeah enjoyed the pacing last Saturday nice to help someone get a pb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

So... How are you feeling now? Better I hope and nearly ready to spring from the bench???

Seeing as Denis B got off the bench today I've shuffled on down and I'm next up. Back to work today yawn ;( that would cause anyone to relapse so I might try an easy run tomorrow see how I feel. Went up to the Raheny 1 miler tonight as a supporter I'm really itching to get back as I haven't run in 10 days now but still not quiet there in relation to recovery some snuffles and a bit of a cough left. Maybe I just need to get off my ass and sweat the cold away :). Am more concerned about M now and hoping he doesn't catch it before Boston.

Never mind M, hopefully you are fully recovered for Boston!! ... And of course that M is in top shape too.

annapr wrote: »
    Never mind M, hopefully you are fully recovered for Boston!! ... And of course that M is in top shape too.

Can't be letting my drinking buddy down now can I Anna !!! Sorry that should say supporting buddy !!!

• Advertisement

Can't be letting my drinking buddy down now can I Anna !!! Sorry that should say supporting buddy !!!

Those are two compatible activities :D

After 10 days of no running due to an awful cough n cold linked in with Myles to see whether I launch right back into the graduates thread plan. Was advised to take it at an easy pace, no interval sessions and to pull my long run back to 80 mins.

Cabin fever was seriously setting in so after returning to work on Wed decided I would head out. Didn't bother with the watch just wanted to get out and run. Decided to try 4 miles, Pace was slower than I would have liked legs felt heavy but enjoyed the run it was all about getting back. Avg pace 10.57 Splits 10.49, 10.57, 11.10,10.62.

Was to head out Friday after work but was exhausted after being back in work and a busy few days and decided to push this to Saturday morning. Set the alarm for 7 am and set out to a fab morn perfect for a run 4 miles easy again avg pace 10.50 splits 10.19,10.49, 11.00, 11.11. Again pace slow and legs heavy.

Was away for the rest of the weekend so that put an end to my week of running. Fed up how unfit I feel and how much I'm struggling to get out after being sick.

But enough moaning and complaining it's a new week back to Pilates tonight felt good and enjoyed the class. Back into it now no excuses. :) glad to be back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

don't be so hard on yourself A, enjoy the slow easy paces for the week and enjoy being back at it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

Good to see you back and in the mend, first few weeks back defiantly hardest.
    But plenty of time before DCM training begins in earnest;)

don't be so hard on yourself A, enjoy the slow easy paces for the week and enjoy being back at it :)

Exactly... Much better not to overdo it while you get back to full strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭PJD

New parkrun route to look forward to!

Kennyg71 wrote: »
    Good to see you back and in the mend, first few weeks back defiantly hardest.
    But plenty of time before DCM training begins in earnest;)

Ha ha !!! Just flicking through Irish runner mag and Dave Carries plan up there !!!

PJD wrote: »
    New parkrun route to look forward to!

Yes watched the video this evening !

Was saying at home how difficult it was getting back into it was saying to M maybe I'm not 100% yet .... To which he replied either that or you're just being lazy !!! No sympathy given in my house :)

Was saying at home how difficult it was getting back into it was saying to M maybe I'm not 100% yet .... To which he replied either that or you're just being lazy !!! No sympathy given in my house :)

that's why you have us :) is he still in the shed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

Ha ha !!! Just flicking through Irish runner mag and Dave Carries plan up there !!!

The stars are aligned so;)

that's why you have us :) is he still in the shed :D

Think it's safe for him to come back in now might let him back this week he needs his rest for Boston :)

Was supposed to be working in Cork this weekend which meant my plans to do either the KClub or the Great Ireland Run were not going to happen, but lucky for me work has been rescheduled to Sunday only which means I am now free to do the KClub. Not sure how it will go with my lack of running the last two weeks, so will give it a good lash and enjoy the outing as there are a few of the gang from Park Run doing it so hopefully the signing up to the race will give me the incentive to get back into it this week. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Best of luck with the 10k :D

Best of luck Mrs Mac, its a nice course with a bit if a bump at the end - ENJOY :)

Best of luck Mrs Mac, its a nice course with a bit if a bump at the end - ENJOY :)

Now where have I heard that before ??? That's exactly what M said when I asked if I should enter the race or not! How you doing hope you're on the road to recovery.

Now where have I heard that before ??? That's exactly what M said when I asked if I should enter the race or not! How you doing hope you're on the road to recovery.

ha ha! hopefully you get nice weather to enjoy the beautiful surroundings. Oh, and a tip for you, I think entrants can use the Kclub spa facilities....you might want to double check that but I thought I saw that last year.

I'm no worse so that's good, am keeping positive, fingers crossed I'll have better news in a few weeks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭diego_b

Best of luck with that A!

• Advertisement

ha ha! hopefully you get nice weather to enjoy the beautiful surroundings. Oh, and a tip for you, I think entrants can use the Kclub spa facilities....you might want to double check that but I thought I saw that last year.

I'm no worse so that's good, am keeping positive, fingers crossed I'll have better news in a few weeks :)

Fingers crossed. Keep
    Smiling :)

Advertisement