Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never say never

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

diego_b wrote: »
    Best of luck with that A!

Thanks D sure I'll give it a lash !

Wed 6th Apr

Back into the graduates plan this week and had 45 mins easy to do. Mc Jnr had a Gaa match out in Kilbarrick so with FBOT on taxi duty I decided I'd run and meet them there. Legs felt good pace felt good and for the first time since being sick, felt back to normal. With the added advantage of a strong coastal wind from town at my back it was ideal conditions for the run. Was aiming for 4.5 miles but when I reached the Gaa club it was 4.7 miles OCD took over and ran past the club and did a loop till I clocked 5 miles. Has to be 4.5 or 5 miles no inbetween !!!Delighted with my run avg pace was 10.11 so very pleased with this after my very slow pace last week. Splits 10.16, 10.03, 10.08, 10.06, 10.23

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Mrs Mc wrote: »
    Wed 6th Apr

Back into the graduates plan this week and had 45 mins easy to do. Mc Jnr had a Gaa match out in Kilbarrick so with FBOT on taxi duty I decided I'd run and meet them there. Legs felt good pace felt good and for the first time since being sick, felt back to normal. With the added advantage of a strong coastal wind from town at my back it was ideal conditions for the run. Was aiming for 4.5 miles but when I reached the Gaa club it was 4.7 miles OCD took over and ran past the club and did a loop till I clocked 5 miles. Has to be 4.5 or 5 miles no inbetween !!!Delighted with my run avg pace was 10.11 so very pleased with this after my very slow pace last week. Splits 10.16, 10.03, 10.08, 10.06, 10.23

Nicely done! I really only got my mojo back in the last week or so after being sick. Whatever dose is going around is a lingering one, glad you're feeling better! Best of luck on Saturday, hope it goes well and more importantly enjoy the cake :D.

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Nicely done! I really only got my mojo back in the last week or so after being sick. Whatever dose is going around is a lingering one, glad you're feeling better! Best of luck on Saturday, hope it goes well and more importantly enjoy the cake :D.

Thanks G I hear there's a great spread after it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Mrs Mc wrote:
    Thanks G I hear there's a great spread after it

The notorious Kclub banquet.
    Check you out running to meet them at GAA training. Well done as great run and pace after being sick. 4.7 all wrong. Had to make 5. You did the right thing.

• Advertisement

aquinn wrote: »
    The notorious Kclub banquet.
    Check you out running to meet them at GAA training. Well done as great run and pace after being sick. 4.7 all wrong. Had to make 5. You did the right thing.

Thank you OCD buddy :)

Thursday 7th April

Graduates plan had an interval session tonight and I haven't done one of these in a few weeks so wasn't really looking forward to it, but I find one I get stuck into them I get a great feeling of satisfaction completing them on pace. So the plan was 1 mile easy, 6 * 2 mins @ 10 k pace with 2.30 mins recovery and 1 mile easy. So off I set,the evenings are so lovely and bright now I decided to head for St Anne's, this was where I would have done all my speed work and interval training for DCM and other than park run haven't run much here lately so it was a welcome change from the seafront particularly with all the road works and path closures at the moment. The avenue is great for doing the intervals plenty of space and a nice surface. To pb in the 10km on Saturday I would have to be doing 9 min miles or less so decided I would aim for that and see how I went. Enjoyed the session and stayed on pace if not a little fast on some.

Lap 1 8.59
    Lap 2 8.50
    Lap 3 9.05
    Lap 4 8.43
    Lap 5 8.34 oops
    Lap 6 8.45

Total distance 4.5 miles (and I didn't even have to do an OCD loop !!) avg pace 10.18. Happy with that.:P

Friday will be a rest day in preparation for Saturdays 10km race and sure we will see how that goes. Mrs KennyG and two others from park run doing it so should be a good day out. This was the race that I was hoping to pb in but not sure how the body will feel after the cold, but will give is socks and enjoy it hopefully. Looking forward to food afterwards everyone is talking about it. Until then. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

To pb in the 10km on Saturday I would have to be doing 9 min miles or less so decided I would aim for that and see how I went.

Lap 1 8.59
    Lap 2 8.50
    Lap 3 9.05
    Lap 4 8.43
    Lap 5 8.34 oops
    Lap 6 8.45

well whoop whoop in advance then! super stuff A.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

Best Luck Saturday A, but remember Boston coming up lots of shopping and
    Partying mind the body, still recovering:) you need to taper as well:D

Kennyg71 wrote: »

Yes boss :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Kennyg71 wrote: »

+1 to that!!!

Good session A and nice pace in your run to Kilbarrack too. The rest might have done you good... If you PB on sat you get to the cake quicker!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Well I hope that Lap 5 split spurs you on. The very best for Saturday A and give it everything. I have had to bow out so no free spa and cake for me this time. Hope to be there in supporter mode.

annapr wrote: »
    +1 to that!!!

Good session A and nice pace in your run to Kilbarrack too. The rest might have done you good... If you PB on sat you get to the cake quicker!!

Thanks A cake is always a good incentive !!

denis b wrote: »
    Well I hope that Lap 5 split spurs you on. The very best for Saturday A and give it everything. I have had to bow out so no free spa and cake for me this time. Hope to be there in supporter mode.

That's a pity D at least with the k club spread you are relieved of flapjack duty!!! See ya Saturday hopefully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

Best of luck tomorrow Mrs Mc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Good luck tomorrow! Will miss the Mcs down in St Anne's over next couple of weeks :(

jake1970 wrote: »
    Best of luck tomorrow Mrs Mc.

You too Jake hopefully see you there I think I met you in mc grattans after DCM did I ? Otherwise I'll have to guess who you are !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Good luck tomorrow A, that session should be a nice confidence booster . Give it loads !

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mbarr

Best of luck in the race!

Duanington wrote: »
    Good luck tomorrow A, that session should be a nice confidence booster . Give it loads !

Will do D thanks !

• Advertisement

mbarr wrote: »
    Best of luck in the race!

Thanks M best of luck to you too looking forward to the report hope you have a great run and enjoy it all.

Killerz wrote: »
    Good luck tomorrow! Will miss the Mcs down in St Anne's over next couple of weeks :(

Thanks J I am having park run withdrawal I haven't been down in ages with weekends away work and Boston looking forward to trying the new course. 6 away from my 50th park run so incentive there ! Hope training going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Good luck tomorrow Anne.
    Get the first Mc pb of the month on the board :)

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Good luck tomorrow Anne.
    Get the first Mc pb of the month on the board :)

Thanks P sure we'll see how the body holds up and give it a lash. Hope taper is going well see you in Boston :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

You too Jake hopefully see you there I think I met you in mc grattans after DCM did I ? Otherwise I'll have to guess who you are !!!!

Yes we met in Mcgrattans, that seems like a long time ago now. I will be wearing my Boards AC top for my warm up tomorrow, so if you spot me say hello.

jake1970 wrote: »
    Yes we met in Mcgrattans, that seems like a long time ago now. I will be wearing my Boards AC top for my warm up tomorrow, so if you spot me say hello.

Will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Morning,

Race day! Enjoy North Kildare.

Have a great race. 2 loops. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Haven't missed it, give it socks Mrs!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Missed you in st Anne's this morning, A! Hope you have a great run in Kildare.

• Advertisement

aquinn wrote: »
    Morning,

Race day! Enjoy North Kildare.

Have a great race. 2 loops. Best of luck.
    annapr wrote: »
    Missed you in st Anne's this morning, A! Hope you have a great run in Kildare.
    Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Haven't missed it, give it socks Mrs!

Thanks all, a good day at the office not quiet the result I wanted but a PB is a PB Right !!!

Advertisement