Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing Iphone photos onto computer

Options
  • 16-01-2016 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

I usually import my photos onto my computer by plugging in my iphone and clicking import pictures and videos. This has always worked until today. I hadn't imported any pictures in months but when I imported them only the pictures from the last 6 weeks imported and the previous photos didn't..anyone know why this is? Does anyone know how I can solve this? I don't want to use iCloud.
    Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Same thing has been happening to me for months now. Can't figure it out.

I hate iCloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MusSpo13

Same thing has been happening to me for months now. Can't figure it out.

I hate iCloud.

I used to have to iCloud but I stopped using it because it was only uploading a few of my pictures.. Now none of them pictures that were meant to be 'in the cloud' will save onto my computer.. I've also tried putting them on another laptop same thing happens.. It's driving me mad.. Surely someone knows a way to stop this..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

MusSpo13 wrote: »
    I used to have to iCloud but I stopped using it because it was only uploading a few of my pictures.. Now none of them pictures that were meant to be 'in the cloud' will save onto my computer.. I've also tried putting them on another laptop same thing happens.. It's driving me mad.. Surely someone knows a way to stop this..

You can view them as a DCIM folder. Copy/cut and paste them over. This sometimes confuses the iCloud backup. As I have seen it still think they are there. Turning photo library on/off can help.

I had a problem before where I had to delete my backup as well. Could only do it from another device weirdly enough.

You can view them as a DCIM folder. Copy/cut and paste them over. This sometimes confuses the iCloud backup. As I have seen it still think they are there. Turning photo library on/off can help.

I had a problem before where I had to delete my backup as well. Could only do it from another device weirdly enough.

I had turned on and off photo library and this didn't work either.
    I ended up having to set up icloud again, upload all to icloud and then download to my computer..very tedious and time consuming..
    Thank you for your help though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭ozmo

That seems like a long way of doing it - Is there any reason why you cannot copy and paste from the DCIM folder in file explorer?

I am trying make a better version of the Import tool - with sync and file sorting by date - problem is the phone doesnt appear as a real drive - or a network drive - or any folder that I can refer to in a script - would anyone know how to refer to the DCIM folder from a script in Windows?

eg - how can I refer to something like this in a script?
    My Computer\My iPhone 6\Internal Storage\DCIM\800AAAAA

If even I could map it to a drive letter that would be good.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I use dropbox to sync my photos on my phone. Hassle free and easy to use.

ozmo wrote: »
    That seems like a long way of doing it - Is there any reason why you cannot copy and paste from the DCIM folder in file explorer?
    In my case, nothing was appearing in the DCIM folder..I don't know why though..

smash wrote: »
    I use dropbox to sync my photos on my phone. Hassle free and easy to use.
    When I change my phone I think I will be going with this too..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

MusSpo13 wrote: »
    I usually import my photos onto my computer by plugging in my iphone and clicking import pictures and videos. This has always worked until today. I hadn't imported any pictures in months but when I imported them only the pictures from the last 6 weeks imported and the previous photos didn't..anyone know why this is? Does anyone know how I can solve this? I don't want to use iCloud.
    Any help is appreciated.

Double check to make sure they haven't been sucked up into iCloud.

Graham wrote: »
    Double check to make sure they haven't been sucked up into iCloud.
    I have now had to sign up to icloud and use that.
    Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement