Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

returning unopened laptop

Options
  • 16-01-2016 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

as per title but feel i was bullied into buying someething i didnt want esp the ins can i return i cant eve face opening thr box I had decided on a laptop online went into shop today to buy I don't know much about laptops but this was above min I was recommended to get when I went in I was told I absolutel had to get another 50%above prices I had chosen while I was trying ti decided I wad constantly circled by 2 sales people then when I decided on more expensive one I was told we have a better models at same price get that instead so is aid ok but when I told them I couldn't afford insurance they said I had to low for cheaper models as it was a must to have ins it's too expensive and I don't want the I nd can I exchange or get my money back not sure if I can name shop here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

OP, please use proper punctuation and full words. Txt spk is not allowed on boards.ie.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=bie_faq_im_new_here#faq_bie_faq_im_new_here_siterules

• Registered Users Posts: 69,036 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You've no automatic right to a refund for an unwanted purchase. Check the receipt and the stores website for details of their return policy, if any.

You can also cancel the insurance policy separately.

In future, telling the store that you don't break stuff, are quite offended by the suggestion, and asking if they are admitting they sell stuff that breaks easily usually stops the hard sell on insurance. They get vastly more commission off insurance and bundled software than the hardware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Caveat emptor. Sales staff are employed to sell to customers, you are free to walk away if you don't want to purchase an item. As the product is not faulty, you have absolutely no entitlement to a refund unless the store has a policy which allows for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Grow a pair and stand up for yourself.

Don't be bullied into purchases, if you continue like this what else could you be bullied into?

On the laptop bring it back tomorrow and see if you can get a refund. Maybe you'll get store credit at the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Soilse

Thanks you all been a long time since I was in a shop with such aggressive sales and will be a long time before I do so again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Whatever about the laptop, definitely cancel the ripoff insurance. You have 14 days to do so by law.

Product insurance like this is an absolute and utter ripoff. Those pushy sales guys got at least 50% commission.

The cancellation should be done in writing to the insurance company whose details will be on the document.

Advertisement