Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction - M6

Options
  • 16-01-2016 10:06pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was down in Galway in the last couple of weeks and noticed a few new bridges along the M6 between Galway and Loughrea. Anyone know what the story is with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭islander222

Itzy wrote: »
    I was down in Galway in the last couple of weeks and noticed a few new bridges along the M6 between Galway and Loughrea. Anyone know what the story is with this?

It's the completion of the motorway from Gort to tuam. When completed it will be motorway or dual carriageway all the way to Limerick.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055673984
    The bridges you are seeing is the junction with the M17 and M18 - south towards Gort, Ennis, Shannon and Limerick. North to Tuam and Tuam bypass.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Basically, they're building Exit 18. Don't believe me? Look at the exit sign for Oranmore (19) and the exit sign for Athenry (17) bet you've never noticed that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Westbound after the J7 (between J7 and J8) there are closed ramps and signpost poles with no signage - is this a planned 7a exit? If so, what purpose will it serve?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Danno wrote: »
    Westbound after the J7 (between J7 and J8) there are closed ramps and signpost poles with no signage - is this a planned 7a exit? If so, what purpose will it serve?

It will eventually be a "Motorway Service Area" but I think the tender is tied up on some legal dispute.

• Advertisement
Advertisement