Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ray D'Arcy Show - 16th. January 2015

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Who was the last guest on tonight's show? I missed the beginning/introduction, and then when it immediately became clear it was going to be all about his new baby, I had to mute it. Even with the sound down I was cringing :eek:

Colm O'Regan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Morrissey

Strazdas wrote: »
    Indeed, it doesn't seem to occur to him that HE might be the problem. I think he's way too tactless and even rude to be interviewing anyone. If he doesn't like someone (which seems to be a frequent occurrence), it comes across to the interviewee and things immediately start going downhill and becoming awkward and tetchy.

Self-absorbed too:
    Ray D'Arcy should have been all 'what's the craic Jerry?' during his Wednesday phone interview with Jerry Seinfeld.

Instead, he began with a description of himself.

"I'm 47. Sort of five-foot-nine on a good day. Balding. Father of one five-year-old daughter. Another one on the way in June... Large family. Nine. Working-class background. That's basically it."

Clearly Ray thought he was at a speed-dating event, but Jerry seemed to think Ray was an over-familiar telemarketer and responded with disinterested rambles, pauses and monosyllables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Morrissey wrote: »
    Self-absorbed too:

Yes, there's almost a touch of arrogance about him, as if he considers himself superior to his celebrity guests. Even if he's thinking that way, it's crass to allow it come across to the interviewee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Colm O'Regan

He does a lot of voiceover ads that you will hear on the radio. And I've heard him on panel shows as well, usually brought on to add a comic element but rarely achieving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Strazdas wrote: »
    Yes, there's almost a touch of arrogance about him, as if he considers himself superior to his celebrity guests. Even if he's thinking that way, it's crass to allow it come across to the interviewee.

Is it any wonder with the salary he is on in RTE. As I said a few weeks ago how many of Ray D'Arcys guests get paid more than he does? Virtually none of them

Advertisement