Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to Electric Ireland for Nest 3rd Gen

Options
  • 17-01-2016 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi there,

See title - am thinking about switching from Energia primarily to make use of your Nest offer.

I have a 3-zone gas-fired central heating system: upstairs, downstairs, and hot water. To switch over to Nest, I'll need two Nest units (one for upstairs and HW, another for downstairs).

I understand that your offer is for one Nest unit only. If I buy a second unit independently, can I assume that your installer will install both?

Not interested in Climote, thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi fullerand,

Thanks for your post.
    fullerand wrote:
    I understand that your offer is for one Nest unit only. If I buy a second unit independently, can I assume that your installer will install both?

While our Nest price plan includes a single Nest Learning Thermostat with free installation, if you were to buy a second Nest from us when signing up (which would cost an extra €270) then the installer would set up both devices for you.

Installation also includes wifi-setup and a walk through of the product features. For more information see here.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fullerand

Hi again David,

Thanks for your reply above, I'm only getting around to moving on this now.

A quick follow-up question.  Obviously I'd only be signing up for this plan in order to avail of the Nest offer (since you have cheaper plans otherwise).  If for some reason the installers decide the Nest won't work in our house and can't be installed, can I assume I'll be able to cancel the contract and switch to another plan/provider?

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi fullerand,
    fullerand wrote:
    If for some reason the installers decide the Nest won't work in our house and can't be installed, can I assume I'll be able to cancel the contract and switch to another plan/provider?

Yes, in the event that the Nest Thermostat turns out to be incompatible with your heating system, you can request to cancel the switch. You would just need to get in touch with us to confirm this; it wouldn't be cancelled automatically.

If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,
    David

Advertisement