Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Elite Controller thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

My paddles are getting a little loose. I bought it from Argos in early December last year so around the end of November I might just return it and get a fresh one.

I love the controller but you wouldn't expect people to be having as many quality issue given it's price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Got the email receipt but it's popped out and seems to be back to normal for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Got the email receipt but it's popped out and seems to be back to normal for now.

Change it. Don't hesitate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭upinthesky

i also bought my controller from argos but stopped working after update and wont power on, i bought it last October still have the receipt, went into argos and they said they will have someone look at it first..

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

upinthesky wrote: »
    i also bought my controller from argos but stopped working after update and wont power on, i bought it last October still have the receipt, went into argos and they said they will have someone look at it first..

That's odd, they're usually very good with exchanging things. If you have the receipt they should have just replaced it on the spot.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That's odd, they're usually very good with exchanging things. If you have the receipt they should have just replaced it on the spot.

They said there looking at everything now, they were supposed to get back to me yesterday but never did so i rang this morning (sunday) and got talking to the manger over in navan and he hadn't a clue, told me there is a polish man that looks at all that stuff and should get back to me, terrible customer service if you ask me...couldn't believe he was the manger really..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

They said there looking at everything now, they were supposed to get back to me yesterday but never did so i rang this morning (sunday) and got talking to the manger over in navan and he hadn't a clue, told me there is a polish man that looks at all that stuff and should get back to me, terrible customer service if you ask me...couldn't believe he was the manger really..

Honestly, it sounds like he didn't have a clue. I've only ever heard good things, so it makes me think that you should go in again and chance your arm at another time or at another Argos.

Customer service is one of those things that totally depends on your experience, I've heard from people that had a torrid time from Microsoft itself, but I've only experienced good things from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

CatInABox wrote: »
    Honestly, it sounds like he didn't have a clue. I've only ever heard good things, so it makes me think that you should go in again and chance your arm at another time or at another Argos.

Customer service is one of those things that totally depends on your experience, I've heard from people that had a torrid time from Microsoft itself, but I've only experienced good things from them.

Microsoft know they make shoddy controllers probably

Got on to Argos on Facebook yesterday and they said they should have least giving me Microsoft number and they will ring the store this morning, so i will let you all know what happens encase you are ever in this situation..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Liamalone wrote: »
    Microsoft know they make shoddy controllers probably

this is what happens when things are mass produced you'll get a few which are bad

the thing is then that you generally only hear from people when they have a problem most people won't come along and give praises about stuff

• Advertisement

Got a call this morning that a new controller was in store for me to collect so happy about that, brought it home and hubby said the difference because he had been using the standard ones, he will never go back as a the elite is far better..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Got a call this morning that a new controller was in store for me to collect so happy about that, brought it home and hubby said the difference because he had been using the standard ones, he will never go back as a the elite is far better..

Argos are excellent in fairness. Can't say I've ever had a problem with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

After 7 months of usage, the RT button is not fully working on my Elite
    I have an E-Receipt from Argos from when I bought it in November, can I just print that out and go in with the controller to have it exchanged?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

After 7 months of usage, the RT button is not fully working on my Elite
    I have an E-Receipt from Argos from when I bought it in November, can I just print that out and go in with the controller to have it exchanged?

yup

RB button cracked last night on my second Elite :(

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

RB button cracked last night on my second Elite :(

That sucks, dude. Happened on my first one.

Hopefully you have more success than i did getting your second one replaced.

Pretty scandalous the build quality being so poor, such a shame for such a nice controller.

That sucks, dude. Happened on my first one.

Hopefully you have more success than i did getting your second one replaced.

Pretty scandalous the build quality being so poor, such a shame for such a nice controller.

Happened my first one too, I think I'll sell the replacement as I don't even use the paddles or that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Well that was very quick.
    I went in and told them the RT button wasnt working, showed them my receipt and they gave me a new controller

Advice please, so the controller that was replaced about a month ago has also broke, this time its the RT button, can i bring it back to a different store or should i just ring Microsoft after the hassle i had with argos the last time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Advice please, so the controller that was replaced about a month ago has also broke, this time its the RT button, can i bring it back to a different store or should i just ring Microsoft after the hassle i had with argos the last time?

straight back to argos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭gmg678

is there a website, that shows the best sets up to use for the elite and games. I know on the xbox it has some but not many, or I am not using it right.

gmg678 wrote: »
    is there a website, that shows the best sets up to use for the elite and games. I know on the xbox it has some but not many, or I am not using it right.

I've the A, X, Y and B buttons mapped to the paddles. That way I don't need to take my thumbs from the thumbsticks.

straight back to argos.

Brought it back to argos in blanch instead of navan where i had the hassle first time around and the difference in customer service! Asked me the problem and said the control should have lasted more than a month and got me a new one straight away, no problem buying anything from argos after that...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Argos are selling the Elite controller for €138 and you get either forza 7 or Shadow of War free! Seems a good deal, you could even trade in the game to get the elite controller for around €100.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4488556.htm

Maybe a question for the other thread, but honestly, is it worth it?

mik_da_man wrote: »

Yes

No.

Breaks like the normal ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Yes
    No.

Breaks like the normal ones.

I am also on the fence regarding one also. I never seen or used one in person so I cannot talk on how premium it looks or feels. But tbh if it is plastic like the standard and all it adds is the back buttons then I feel it is overpriced. €75 sounds like a fair price to sell it at to me anyway, maybe the next revision they will lower the price. But it is overpriced at it's stock price premium or not, imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I am also on the fence regarding one also. I never seen or used one in person so I cannot talk on how premium it looks or feels. But tbh if it is plastic like the standard and all it adds is the back buttons then I feel it is overpriced. €75 sounds like a fair price to sell it at to me anyway, maybe the next revision they will lower the price. But it is overpriced at it's stock price premium or not, imo.

I'd doubt that the next revision will be any cheaper to be honest, they've sold millions of the elite at the higher price, so there's no need for them to sell it cheaper.

In terms of quality, it truly feels premium. It's weighty in all the right ways, and feels great in the hand. The ability to alter the length of the trigger buttons is fantastic, and getting the hang of the back levers gives a small advantage over those that don't have it.

In terms of build quality, however, the story is the same as the rest of the controllers. For some people, they'll never have any problems with it, but for others, the same things that happen to the original controller will happen to this (i.e. the LB button, and left trigger drift). It's a weird one in that it really seems to come down to how the individual person holds/uses their controller. No fault of theirs, the controller should be able to hold up to that kind of use. I've been using around five controllers for various amounts of time, with no issues whatsoever, while others have had theirs break after a few days of normal usage. Frustrating that this is still a problem.

All in all, I bought my at full price, and it was totally worth it.

Moved some posts in here from the bargain alerts thread.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't mind what Liam says he seems to go through controllers like I go through underpants :pac:

The Elite isn't for everyone, it's a premium controller for people who want to spend that bit extra. It gives extra functionality and I don't like the standard controller after using the Elite for so long.

Mine has shown no trouble after over a year and a 1000+ hours gaming in that time.

The different coloured "Limited Edition" controllers are €70-€80 so I can't see an Elite for that price.

Advertisement