Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Elite Controller thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I just purchased an Elite controller but I sold my Xbox today so I cannot test it out.

amadablam wrote: »
    At least it will probably last a bit longer that way :o

I just opened it up now and first impressions are good. I like the rubber texture on the controller itself but I have a fault in mine. The right trigger is fine but the left trigger clicks half way down when you press it.

Anyone know what is causing that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I just opened it up now and first impressions are good. I like the rubber texture on the controller itself but I have a fault in mine. The right trigger is fine but the left trigger clicks half way down when you press it.

Should be the same both sides and if you are unsure, just return it and get a replacement altogether while it's unused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

There is a switch underneath try that?

amadablam wrote: »
    Should be the same both sides and if you are unsure, just return it and get a replacement altogether while it's unused.

I bought it in Argos and it was their last one. Also I had just eaten my dinner so my hands were a bit oily and the controller is smudged now. :o

Do I get onto MS or Argos about a replacement?

It is fine if I set the left trigger to go half way down but I prefer the full distance. It get caught on something halfway down when set to full distance. I reckon it is getting caught on the piece of plastic that makes it go half way down when it is set like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is the trigger stop on on the left trigger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I bought it in Argos and it was their last one. Also I had just eaten my dinner so my hands were a bit oily and the controller is smudged now. :o

It is fine if I set the left trigger to go half way down but I prefer the full distance. It get caught on something halfway down when set to full distance. I reckon it is getting caught on the piece of plastic that makes it go half way down when it is set like that.

Argos will have you a replacement within two days, usually.

You won't have any problem over a smudge. If you have a wet wipe, that would take it off anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It's not broke there is a switch on the back of the controller to set the distance to half or full for the triggers.

jayo26 wrote: »
    It's not broke there is a switch on the back of the controller to set the distance to half or full for the triggers.

It is broke. When I set it to stop halfway it is fine but when set to full distance it is getting caught on the trigger stop even when set to go down the full distance. It is only happening with the left trigger the right trigger is fine.

Kinda annoying though since it is brand new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It is broke. When I set it to stop halfway it is fine but when set to full distance it is getting caught on the trigger stop even when set to go down the full distance. It is only happening with the left trigger the right trigger is fine.

Kinda annoying though since it is brand new.

Ok sorry my bad. Do get it replaced asap it is bad luck but the controllers are definitely superior in my opinion.

• Advertisement

I had a think about it and I think I will just keep it and set the left trigger to stop halfway. It was just at first I was so used to the full distance that halfway felt a bit weird. I will just get used to it and save myself the hassle of getting a replacement.

I had a think about it and I think I will just keep it and set the left trigger to stop halfway. It was just at first I was so used to the full distance that halfway felt a bit weird. I will just get used to it and save myself the hassle of getting a replacement.

In the App you can set the half trigger pull to act as a full pull anyway.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Loving my Elite controller, picked up the standard one yesterday and straight away thought, Ugh, that feels cheap...
    I'm a proper Elitist now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭Soarer

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Loving my Elite controller, picked up the standard one yesterday and straight away thought, Ugh, that feels cheap...
    I'm a proper Elitist now :D

You've changed man!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Don't do this.

Replace it. There are some games where you need full trigger pull.

Also there could be other damage so it's important to exchange the controller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Just going to throw this out there, the Elite Controller is so not worth it. Had one, bumper broke on it two months in and apparently its very common with elite controllers. Support are pretty good with replacing them as they get so many complaints about them breaking. Will replace for free pretty much. Apart from it feeling weightier, they are a complete rip off.

joe123 wrote: »
    Just going to throw this out there, the Elite Controller is so not worth it. Had one, bumper broke on it two months in and apparently its very common with elite controllers. Support are pretty good with replacing them as they get so many complaints about them breaking. Will replace for free pretty much. Apart from it feeling weightier, they are a complete rip off.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

The trigger stops and paddles are the best feature along with the height adjustable thumbsticks. Yes if your not using them then there is probably no need for the Elite.

I've had mine since launch now with well over 1000 hours on it (mainly Destiny, Overwatch and Titanfall) and the controller is working perfectly.

It's not just the Elite with bumper trouble because the standard controller suffers from that as well. I wonder if the breakages are been caused by the way people hold the controller though. Maybe people are pressing closer to the hinge and putting extra pressure there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Got the Elite today and think the paddles are pointless and in the way, was easier using Xand B for gears in Forza.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Got the Elite today and think the paddles are pointless and in the way, was easier using Xand B for gears in Forza.

Give them time, I found them a bit awkward at the start but once you get used to them you'll find you very rarely use the face buttons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

SMC92Ian wrote: »

force yourself to play through something using only the paddles, I did it with halo MCC, once you get over the initial adjustment, you'll never go back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I find the paddles useful for FPS games, I only use 2 of the paddles, one for shooting and one for aiming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Lol I never said they werent! Anyways, just said Id mention it. Personally think its a massive waste of money.

For a premium piece of kit, no way should the bumper buttons have the same faults as the regular controllers. The Xbox support team I was speaking with at the time commented that they receive a lot of reports regarding that issue.

Sorry for going off Topic by the way, just wanted to point it out.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I find the paddles useful for FPS games, I only use 2 of the paddles, one for shooting and one for aiming

What do you do with the triggers? you'd probably notice a lot more benefit if you map crouch and jump to them (depending on the games anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

what? that sounds incredibly awkward?

How do you aim with a paddle? :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How do you aim with a paddle? :confused:

Aim down sights perhaps?

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Aim down sights perhaps?

For me they are usually mapped to the face buttons but I guess its just personal preference.

*even though he is wrong :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

For me they are usually mapped to the face buttons but I guess its just personal preference.

*even though he is wrong :pac:

In fairness when I got my Nacon, I used the bumper buttons for ADS and Shoot because the jump etc was always fine for me the way it was :D If they were actual paddles tho I wouldnt put the ADS/Shoot on it tho.

force yourself to play through something using only the paddles, I did it with halo MCC, once you get over the initial adjustment, you'll never go back.
    This is my advice too. It took me a while and I had to adapt a slightly different grip. I can't play without them now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Basically the left paddle to aim down sight yeah and then the right paddle to shoot, using this method I have actually been doing a lot better in my games.
    Ask anyone I play with, I am terrible at FPS but I still love playing them and I am rubbish at actually getting kills but yet I've improved with the use of he paddles. I know it doesnt sound like much but I am now getting up to 25 kills in a game compared to my usual 5 or even 10 if I am lucky lol

Advertisement