Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Elite Controller thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Liamalone wrote: »
    The 360 joypad was near indestructible, I have never heard of any known issue with them. Did you have bumper issues with them?

I never heard of any issues someone had with the 360 controller. Obviously they will break eventually if you were gaming excessively for a year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Liamalone wrote: »
    The 360 joypad was near indestructible, I have never heard of any known issue with them. Did you have bumper issues with them?

Every single person I knew had a massive problem with the left bumpers on their controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

For the left bumper I think its mainly Fifa players that get issues or any other game where you have to spam LB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Every single person I knew had a massive problem with the left bumpers on their controllers.

I have two from when the 360 originally came out (pre HDMI and built in WiFi) and they work as if they were new.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

One of the springs for the paddles in the back of the elite is gone... The paddle still works but it doesn't 'click' and it feels wrong.

Controller is shout 2 years old. Is this an easy enough fix?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

New Elite controller has started to leak, probably going to be announced at E3.

The verge has more here.

The case that charges it on the go sounds interesting as well, the main benefit for me would be to leave the case permanently plugged in, and then just lash the controller in at the end of the night.I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

CatInABox wrote: »

The verge has more here.

The case that charges it on the go sounds interesting as well, the main benefit for me would be to leave the case permanently plugged in, and then just lash the controller in at the end of the night.I

Nice find. I will be getting one. I love my current Elite controller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I have two from when the 360 originally came out (pre HDMI and built in WiFi) and they work as if they were new.

My son still uses the original 360 white controller (he prefers it) when he plays on the 360 (tops of the joypads are completely worn off) :)

The verge has more here.

Exactly what I do already using a charging station.

The adjustable tension is interesting. I'd imiagine the purpose is to tighten them up as they loosen over time. I hate to say it but whenever I use my One S controller it feels a lot more solid. I had put this down to it being used less and still having that like new feel to it, but it turns out the thumbsticks are actually better on it. The elite is based off the original controller which has a looser feel and less tension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Apart from the obvious hardware improvements they needed to make the one thing mentioned I'd be wary of would be the built in rechargeable batteries. All batteries fade over time and if they cant be changed without sending back to MS for 3 weeks then thats well awkward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭dunworth1

bucks73 wrote: »
    Apart from the obvious hardware improvements they needed to make the one thing mentioned I'd be wary of would be the built in rechargeable batteries. All batteries fade over time and if they cant be changed without sending back to MS for 3 weeks then thats well awkward.

if the rechargeable is true it'll be the first Xbox controller to have it
    which i think would be a poor move

especially when you see how crappy the battery life is on the ps4 controller

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

bucks73 wrote:

Yep, that'd be a downside for me.
    I've no problem at all switching batteries when they die. I've always got more charged and ready to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If they use the same battery tech as their plug and play kit I'd have no worries. I've my kit since launch and I charge it once every 3 or 4 weeks.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    If they use the same battery tech as their plug and play kit I'd have no worries. I've my kit since launch and I charge it once every 3 or 4 weeks.

Yeah I doubt they will be using wireless charging. It's likely to be replaceable batteries with connectors. Case would then be used as a cradle where connectors have to actually touch to charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I also think having normal batteries in a co trolled is backward haha I love the play and charge kit no way would I keep changing out batteries and taking back on and off.

I actually think the controller is a fake.

Look at the faceplate. Its sitting too high almost like its a cover sitting on top of a regular controller. Look at the Xbox logo button. Its sitting in too low. It could be just a quick concept piece but it doesn't look right to me.

new_elite.0.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Yeah it is possibly a fake alright. It looks like the new style standard controller but with homemade changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Anyone ever have a problem with the pad getting hot? Mine did on a charge but still won't work now even with batteries.

V9 wrote: »
    Anyone ever have a problem with the pad getting hot? Mine did on a charge but still won't work now even with batteries.

No, never.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

After buying one of these on offer Christmas before last the RB button broke and I got a replacement which I gave to a young relative, he just phoned to say that the RB button broke on that one. £120 piece of crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Been a while since the last post here but alas my Elite controller has started to peel on the back grips. Has anyone returned theirs successfully to Argos after 12 months have elapsed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Been a while since the last post here but alas my Elite controller has started to peel on the back grips. Has anyone returned theirs successfully to Argos after 12 months have elapsed?

I think unless you have the Argos 3 year protection you will be dealing directly with Microsoft.

I've a friend who has had the same problem with peeling and outside of the 12 months he was referred to MS who replaced the controller but he finally put third party replacement panels on and never looked back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

amadablam wrote: »
    I think unless you have the Argos 3 year protection you will be dealing directly with Microsoft.

I've a friend who has had the same problem with peeling and outside of the 12 months he was referred to MS who replaced the controller but he finally put third party replacement panels on and never looked back.

I could quote consumer law with them but I'll actually give MS a shout first to see what they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just noticed mine pealing yesterday after getting it on launch. Well over 1000 hours use.

I left it sitting on the windowsill on Sunday and when I picked it up yesterday the rubber was peeling.

I wonder if the heat made it peel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I could quote consumer law with them but I'll actually give MS a shout first to see what they say.

At least MS should know that you are covered for 2 years I think, although they say that controllers only have a 90 day limited warranty, I think that with the EU it's 2 years. Although explaining that in a busy argos store to a part time staff member might be frustrating.

Best of luck though and make sure you let us know how you get on as it's a pretty common issue.

The third party panels look fairly decent and I think I'll grab a set myself

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Just noticed mine pealing yesterday after getting it on launch. Well over 1000 hours use.

I left it sitting on the windowsill on Sunday and when I picked it up yesterday the rubber was peeling.

I wonder if the heat made it peel?

It is. Mine has been peeling for a while, but not enough to annoy me. Someone left it on top of a radiator the other day, and now a huge chunk of it is peeling off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I'm pretty sure mine has peeled off due to body heat. It felt hot in my hands, while gaming.
    It was originally purchased from the MS Store, and they replaced it before the 12 months have lapsed.
    Since then, I covered it with a cheap silicone skin, and I haven't had the problem again.

Its most likely some poor adhesive they used not fit for purpose. I would have thought they'd have corrected the issue a long time ago but no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It is. Mine has been peeling for a while, but not enough to annoy me. Someone left it on top of a radiator the other day, and now a huge chunk of it is peeling off.

radiator? you've the heating on in this sweatbox weather? are you in the arctic circle? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

No way!?!

Mine started to peel about a month ago (I've had it ages). Tell me more about these 3rd party jobbies....

I know, I know... Google is my friend, but some recommendations would be cool!

Advertisement