Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Elite Controller thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

radiator? you've the heating on in this sweatbox weather? are you in the arctic circle? :eek:

My immersion is b*****xed. The only way to reliably heat the water is to knock the heat on, but I can't turn the rads off because the valves are all banjaxed, therefore I've got all the windows open and the heat on just to have a shower.

My house continually reminds me of this:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    No way!?!

Mine started to peel about a month ago (I've had it ages). Tell me more about these 3rd party jobbies....

I know, I know... Google is my friend, but some recommendations would be cool!

Ya way dude :) There are lots of different manufacturers from the cheap and nasty to high quality. The scuff ones are what my mate used and they look great.

https://scufgaming.com/eu/scuf-elite-precision-thumbsticks-and-pro-grip-handle-kit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Just a small update on my issue. Got in touch with Microsoft to see what they'd say and in my opinion their customer support has really gone to the dogs lately. I got fed up and decided to go into Argos and explain the situation. A manager came over and asked once I had a reference from MS then they'll swap it out without any issues. I have to say fair play to the manager as you do hear some horror stories when taking items into B&M stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

amadablam wrote: »
    Ya way dude :) There are lots of different manufacturers from the cheap and nasty to high quality. The scuff ones are what my mate used and they look great.

https://scufgaming.com/eu/scuf-elite-precision-thumbsticks-and-pro-grip-handle-kit
    Sorry, I'm only seeing this now. They look the job, thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

It's rumoured a new elite controller will be announced at Gamescom next week.

• Advertisement

It's rumoured a new elite controller will be announced at Gamescom next week.
    Yes, I've been hearing that. I'm hoping there isn't an internal battery, I really like having the options.

Yes, I've been hearing that. I'm hoping there isn't an internal battery, I really like having the options.

I did read that fast charging was mentioned. I assume that would rule out regular batteries but hopefully not. I'd ditch fast charge just to have more battery options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Tried to use a normal controller I just hate them so on to another elite controller.

20180828_144939.jpg

Screenshot_Twitter.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

A white Elite has been announced. It's still the V1, so I'd guess that the V2 has been cancelled.

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1034796517868097536

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Obviously to go along with the white One X.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Really? They needed a codename for this?!

JoyPad wrote:
    Really? They needed a codename for this?!

Exactly.

Weak AF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is it wrong, that I really want it?

I love white controllers. Really sick of generic black stuff.
    I already asked misses for elite controller as xmas present. Was hoping for new v2, but if thats what we getting, then feck it, ill take it. I just hope they at least fixed things that were wrong with first one.

Has anyone used a decent rubber skin on their controller? I'm trying to keep the rubber grips on mine as long as I can and anything else I can repair myself of it goes wrong.

Is it wrong, that I really want it?

Hell no! It's a lovely looking controller and the Elite is the best on the market!

...but it really didn't need a big reveal.

Hell no! It's a lovely looking controller and the Elite is the best on the market!

...but it really didn't need a big reveal.

In fairness, Microsoft didn't hype it at all, they just announced it with no preamble at all. It's journalists that hyped every one up, mainly because gamers require little or nothing to get hype up over. "Oh, a codename? Must be something AMAZING!!!"

I include myself in that, by the way, I got (a little) hyped and was disappointed. If I just ignored it, then a white Elite would have been grand.

CatInABox wrote:
    In fairness, Microsoft didn't hype it at all, they just announced it with no preamble at all. It's journalists that hyped every one up, mainly because gamers require little or nothing to get hype up over. "Oh, a codename? Must be something AMAZING!!!"

I include myself in that, by the way, I got (a little) hyped and was disappointed. If I just ignored it, then a white Elite would have been grand.

You're dead right, in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

jayo26 wrote: »
    Has anyone used a decent rubber skin on their controller? I'm trying to keep the rubber grips on mine as long as I can and anything else I can repair myself of it goes wrong.

Forget skins and go with a set of scuff panels for the rubber grips. Not cheap but you also get 6 thumbsticks in the kit for €29.99

amadablam wrote: »
    Forget skins and go with a set of scuff panels for the rubber grips. Not cheap but you also get 6 thumbsticks in the kit for €29.99

Yes, that's what I'm looking at as well, just need to convince myself. It'll be easier now that I'm sure the Elite V2 is ages away.

These ones.

Problem I see with them is that they only replace the other grip, so if the inner rubber grip is peeling, then this won't do much.

• Advertisement

I am surprised that they haven't just worked on the issue. It couldn't be that difficult to solve. It's most likely the adhesive that is the issue with the grips.

If the white Elite had at least solved the grip issue I'd buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

My grips were perfect until I left the controller on the windowsill during the really warm weather. Came back and the grip on the right had come off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Hi all I know it's been asked loads in this thread just looking for help on my controller, the lb button is starting to go and was wondering if anyone got a good replacement kit for it on Amazon or in an Irish store?, i also probably need the special screwdriver for it as well,

Thanks

TitianGerm wrote: »
    My grips were perfect until I left the controller on the windowsill during the really warm weather. Came back and the grip on the right had come off

My problem is ****ing sweaty palms haha gets very intense :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Put a pair of woolly gloves on :pac:

Yeah, I'm blaming the final 10 in PUBG for my grips coming off :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I am surprised that they haven't just worked on the issue. It couldn't be that difficult to solve. It's most likely the adhesive that is the issue with the grips.

Based on what happened to mine, I'd say it's not the adhesive. The latex (or whatever the material is) has expanded because of the heat. The adhesive has simply failed, and you couldn't replace it, as the expanded rubber would no longer fit correctly on the body of the controller.

I've had no issue with the replacement, which I covered with a cheap silicone skin.

Yeah I ordered a cheap skin off eBay. I wouldn't mind paying extra for the new grips but they are pointless because the inside grip can't be changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Hococop wrote: »
    Hi all I know it's been asked loads in this thread just looking for help on my controller, the lb button is starting to go and was wondering if anyone got a good replacement kit for it on Amazon or in an Irish store?, i also probably need the special screwdriver for it as well,

Thanks

I replaced a few on my standard controller, easy enough done, plenty of YouTube videos. The LB and RB buttons come in one single piece, available on Amazon or Ebay - just be wary of where the seller is based on both sites as many are in Asia and you'll be waiting weeks for it. A torx 8 screwdriver is required.

Edit: replaced one on an elite also, bought the part from this dude https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xbox-one-Elite-Controller-Lb-Rb-Bumper-Button-and-guide-button-surround/272543944240?hash=item3f74e28e30:g:8mgAAOSwLEtYkziO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Can you get replacement analogue stick embedded components on these?

When I try and spin my analogue stick (the left one), I get a stickiness in some parts of the rotation.

I've probably had it 2 years at this stage, but rarely use it due to that!
    Would like to get some use out of the damn thing, it cost so much :P

Advertisement