Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Elite Controller thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I have always preferred the weight in the elite it just feels better then the standard which feels light and cheap after it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone play Fortnite have issues with clicking the Left Stick to auto sprint?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Anyone play Fortnite have issues with clicking the Left Stick to auto sprint?

The elite controller is an overpriced piece of crap. I returned two and went back to the normal one, the new version of which has improved, haven't broke one left thumbstick in donkeys.

Liamalone wrote: »
    The elite controller is an overpriced piece of crap. I returned two and went back to the normal one, the new version of which has improved, haven't broke one left thumbstick in donkeys.
    Mine works perfectly, no problem at all. O find it a much higher quality build. Not a fan of the paddles I must admit, i just don't play enough to get really good at them.

On other hand I've been through 4 normal controllers. 2 had a piece of something rattling around inside which would get jammed in the triggers. other 2 the 3mm audio socket died.

I use a 360 controller on the pc with play anywhere games. They should just resell those and call them elite controllers :-p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Liamalone wrote: »

Your wrong there. It's far from "an overpriced piece of crap".

I've mine since launch and have used it for at least 20 hours every single week and the only problem I've had is the the grip peeled off the right side but that happened because I left it sitting in the sun :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

I'm inclined to agree with Liamalone somewhat. Mr grumble makes a valid point too about the 360 controllers

The elite seems better but the bar was lowered with the standard one controller. The 360 controller was the equivalent of a Nokia 3210, the elite is like a smart phone, bells and whistles but don't drop it! How we've accepted flimsier builds as a standard is ridiculous. I understand we're paying for tech but does sleek have to be equivalent to fragile?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I assume the standard play and charge battery kit will work for the elite fine? Or would people recommend purchasing rechargeable AA batteries?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I assume the standard play and charge battery kit will work for the elite fine? Or would people recommend purchasing rechargeable AA batteries?

Yep, it works fine. That's what I'm using at the moment.

Rechargeable batteries will work just as well but you'll need a decent charger and not a fast charger as it wrecks them.

Hybrid batteries work fairly well also. The Eneloops are my go to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Yes, it works. I got myself a fresh new one when I got my elite. Don't know about third party ones, but official one works perfectly fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Yes, it works. I got myself a fresh new one when I got my elite. Don't know about third party ones, but official one works perfectly fine.

Third party ones are fine aswell but they dont hold near the same charge as the official microsoft one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭Soarer

Sorry to bump this lads, but the kid is looking for an elite controller for his Fortnite gaming.

He currently uses a standard wireless controller.
    Is there much to be gained (Fortnite-wise)by getting the Elite? Or is there another option that people would recommend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Soarer wrote: »
    Sorry to bump this lads, but the kid is looking for an elite controller for his Fortnite gaming.

Is there much to be gained (Fortnite-wise)by getting the Elite? Or is there another option that people would recommend?

Can't speak personally about fortnite but I use one for apex legends and I love having the ability to use the back paddles instead of the thumpsticks for running and sliding. Its a luxury item and not required unless your kids is going pro or entering tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Official play and charge kit (standard) and the Elite controller work great together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I use this https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/xbox-one/xbox-one-accessories/ultra-battery-pack-for-xbox-one/p/165687 and although it wont hold the same charge (not much of a difference) as the official battery you can buy two of them for less then the official play and charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

White Elite is around €75 on amazon warehouse with 20% discount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭Soarer

sweetie wrote: »
    White Elite is around €75 on amazon warehouse with 20% discount

Cheers sweetie.

Can you point it out? Can't find it for love nor money.

Could be gone already like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cheers sweetie.

There's no white ones left but there are black ones at £77.

Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ZV0NH40/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_2dHRCb02W3TZV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Cheers sweetie.

Sorry, someone must have snapped up the last one, it was fair bit cheaper than the black. might come back into stock before the sale is over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

2 batteries in Argos for 12 bucks
    I get about 6 to 8 hours per charge, but there's always a spare one :)

Black

White

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Official play and charge kit (standard) and the Elite controller work great together.

Official play and charge kit lasted me ages.

Argos have them for €20.99.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1383616/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CXbox+One%7C37328270/c_3/4%7Ccat_37328270%7CXbox+One+accessories%7C37328792.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭gmg678

I have two elite controllers and both have stick drift issues. one on the left stick and one on the right stick.
    how bloody annoying is that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

gmg678 wrote: »
    I have two elite controllers and both have stick drift issues. one on the left stick and one on the right stick.

Think someone said if you contact microsoft online they'll replace it without receipt ! Worth a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

My right trigger is making a strange noise so getting it replaced. Third elite to have an issue so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

actually there are a few issues with these going by this thread. Search the word " replace " in this thread and you might get some solutions.

this guy said his friend got MS to replace it

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107563637&postcount=533

here too

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105382067&postcount=486

Anyone know how to contact a person. I'm on the website and it's just a round Robin of click this and that.

Anyone know how to contact a person. I'm on the website and it's just a round Robin of click this and that.

Sweet Jesus,

"Message an Xbox gamer"

6m3T29S.jpg?1

Sweet Jesus,

"Message an Xbox gamer"

6m3T29S.jpg?1

You will find it's not there on the Irish support page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Just a question for anyone who sent their controller back to MS. Did you just send the controller itself minus all the thumbsticks etc?

• Advertisement

Just a question for anyone who sent their controller back to MS. Did you just send the controller itself minus all the thumbsticks etc?

Yes, once they confirm the return they email you instructions for how it should be sent. Minus the thumb stick, battery, etc.

Advertisement