Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having an issue with disability application. Please help me.

Options
  • 17-01-2016 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

So, this is the application form for disability but is it just a sample or is it an actual application form to be downloaded?

This is the part that confuses me. It's from the citizen's information website.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    "How to apply

You can get an application form for Disability Allowance (pdf) from the Disability Allowance Section - see 'Where to apply' below. You can also get an application form in your Intreo centre or social welfare local office.

If you think you have been wrongly refused Disability Allowance you can appeal this decision.

Where to apply

Disability Allowance Section
    Department of Social Protection
    Social Welfare Services Office
    Government Buildings
    Ballinalee Road
    Longford
    Ireland
    Tel:(043) 334 0000
    Locall:1890 92 77 70
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The PDF application. Is that application just an example or can it actually be used? I'm confused people after the sample page, another PPSN is printed on the form.

I can't add the link because I'm a new user.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Celtickate wrote: »
    So, this is the application form for disability but is it just a sample or is it an actual application form to be downloaded?

"How to apply

You can get an application form for Disability Allowance (pdf) from the Disability Allowance Section - see 'Where to apply' below. You can also get an application form in your Intreo centre or social welfare local office.

If you think you have been wrongly refused Disability Allowance you can appeal this decision.

Where to apply

Government Buildings
    Ballinalee Road
    Longford
    Ireland
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The PDF application. Is that application just an example or can it actually be used? I'm confused people after the sample page, another PPSN is printed on the form.

It's a PDF file. You may need Adobe Reader to be able to download the form.....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

"How to apply

Where to apply

Government Buildings
    Ballinalee Road
    Longford
    Ireland

Go right ahead and print that off and complete it
    That page that is an example just to show you how they want it completed
    You need a black pen

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Celtickate

Go right ahead and print that off and complete it
    That page that is an example just to show you how they want it completed
    You need a black pen

But on the first page of the actual application, there's a printed ppsn already in it? Are you sure this can be used for real?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/disability_and_illness/disability_allowance.html#ld1a9a

Go to section "how to apply"
    Click on link for the application form.
    Print this off and fill it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

But on the first page of the actual application, there's a printed ppsn already in it? Are you sure this can be used for real?

That's an example page was pointed out in the previous post .
    showing you how to fill it out

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    That's an example page was pointed out in the previous post .
    showing you how to fill it out

But I'm not talking about the sample page, I mean the actual beginning of the real application. There's already a printed ppsn on it.

But I'm not talking about the sample page, I mean the actual beginning of the real application. There's already a printed ppsn on it.

Celtic I have just looked at the DA application form on citizens website and there is no PPSN in the box
    Only on the sample page
    Look again. First page you have to fill in is page 3 of 36

http://www.welfare.ie/en/pdf/da1.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

I put in a link for you with an explanation.

Celtic I have just looked at the DA application form on citizens website and there is no PPSN in the box
    Only on the sample page
    Look again. First page you have to fill in is page 3 of 36

Thanks, but there is a ppsn on the third page. At the very top.

This is it: xxxxxxx

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Thanks, but there is a ppsn on the third page. At the very top.

This is it: xxxxxxx

Start on the page after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Hi OP
    I have removed the PPSN from your post as I'm not too sure what that's about and could belong to someone.
    I have looked at the form and see the PPSN field is blank. But the number you have quoted is on the box at the top.
    I'm not too sure why this is. But fill out the form from page 3 with your own PPSN in the blank PPSN field.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

That's not a PPS number. Just fill in the boxes.

fineso.mom wrote: »
    That's not a PPS number. Just fill in the boxes.

It's not a PPSN?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Have you printed out the form?

Page one and page two are about how to complete this form.

You need to start on page 3 which is titled Part 1.

It's not a PPSN?

That's not a PPSN Kate
    Just ignore that it's for office use only
    You need to answer the questions
    You need to start at Q1. Your PPSN
    Put your PPSN in there and continue down the page
    If you need any help you should go to your citizens information centre
    There are pages of questions about your health and pages for your GP to fill in

That's not a PPSN Kate
    Just ignore that it's for office use only
    You need to answer the questions
    You need to start at Q1. Your PPSN
    Put your PPSN in there and continue down the page
    If you need any help you should go to your citizens information centre
    There are pages of questions about your health and pages for your GP to fill in

Thank you all. It's clear now. Sorry for being so stupid.

Thank you all. It's clear now. Sorry for being so stupid.

Your not one bit stupid
    If you were stupid you'd never have spotted that serial number
    Hope your getting on ok with the form

Advertisement