Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hebron road service station

Options
  • 17-01-2016 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

New service station planned for the Hebron road in front of aldi, service station, shop, deli, off licence, and drive thru.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

linny wrote: »
    New service station planned for the Hebron road in front of aldi, service station, shop, deli, off licence, and drive thru.

They'll have to put a roundabout at that junction so, it's already bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

road_high wrote: »
    They'll have to put a roundabout at that junction so, it's already bad.

There's a roundabout no more than 50m away. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

citykat wrote: »
    There's a roundabout no more than 50m away. :eek:

True but trying to turn right coming out of the graveyard, or right coming out of the industrial estate is a nightmare.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

They'll have to completely reword that road traffic wise if they are going to bring even more traffic into the area, be amazed if this gets planning without that being a requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

Probably be better if it use the same entrance as aldi

• Advertisement

linny wrote: »
    Probably be better if it use the same entrance as aldi

Still have the same problems though with traffic volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Maybe having the entrance and roundabout at the Hebron/Graveyard turn would be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

bertie4evr wrote: »
    Maybe having the entrance and roundabout at the Hebron/Graveyard turn would be better.
    I'd stick it at the entrance to O'loughlins GAA and the road into the Hebron. Keep it simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Planning Application: 166
    Development Description:For the development of a service station with convenience shop and restaurant facilities on a 0.4743 hectare site. The proposed development would comprise:

(1) New vehicular access and egress from the Hebron Road;

(2) Service station forecourt with 4 no. pump islands, underground storage tanks, filling points, canopy, car wash area and air/water bay;

(3) Single-storey service building/shop/restaurant with a floor area of 515 sq.m gross, including: a convenience shop with a net retail floor space of 63 sq.m, ancillary off-licence sales, food court with 3 no. food outlets including the ancillary sale of hot food for consumption off the premises, seated dining area, drive-through facility, exterior dinning area, kitchens, stores, toilets and staff facilities;

(4) 2 no. totem signs;

(5) 44 no. customer and staff car parking spaces,

(6) Localised road, junction and footpath improvements, directional signage, site boundary treatment and associated site works

Submitted by Matchville Ltd, who are based in AVONLEA, DEMESNE, LUCAN, CO. DUBLIN, K78 Y3Y5. Established 15/10/2015

Deborah Delaney is the only listed director on the CRO so not overly easy to identify who the intended tenants are.

Decision Due Date: 03/03/2016 regardless.

Wonder will it be Topaz or Applegreen...

• Advertisement

Applegreen hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Heres hoping its Applegreen/burgerking :)

PaulKK wrote:
    Heres hoping its Applegreen/burgerking

Mac donalds will have some objections to that :-)
    What's happening yo the station over at hotel kilkenny. Someone say there was a fire or is it just a refurbishment is going on

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

There was a fire and it's been refurbished now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

The shop had only been refurbed just over a year ago too....

I thought Applegreen had plans for the station at blackmill st.?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Autosport wrote: »
    There was a fire and it's been refurbished now

I have a sneaky feeling that the Callan Rd garage is being rebranded. I know there was a fire but today they took off all the signs from the canopy and even dug up the signage. Spose we'll have to wait and see. Topaz on tge waterfowl Rd aren't complaining. ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

pegasus1 wrote: »
    The shop had only been refurbed just over a year ago too....

I thought Applegreen had plans for the station at blackmill st.?

Heard that but did they buy it or was it just speculation?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Looks like Callan Rd. Esso is being rebranded as a Topaz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

Looks like Callan Rd. Esso is being rebranded as a Topaz

I would have thought that was a very busy spot there so Esso would have been keen to keep it or the franchise on board.

Edit: I just remembered Topaz ad taken over someone in Ireland and sure enough it was the Esso stations so the rebranding makes sense now.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

cargo wrote: »
    rebranding makes sense now.

convenient time for a fire.

• Advertisement

I would have thought that was a very busy spot there so Esso would have been keen to keep it or the franchise on board.

Edit: I just remembered Topaz ad taken over someone in Ireland and sure enough it was the Esso stations so the rebranding makes sense now.
    Is this the start of the end of the Esso brand in Ireland..?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭screamer

Doubt it'll be an applegreen generally they don't move far from motorways.
    Regarding the Hebron turn they need to do the same as mc Donalds bollard the middle of the road and force traffic left and down to the roundabout. I can never understand idiots trying to turn right out of that place I go left around the roundabout and on past them as they sit there trying to turn right...........

screamer wrote: »

Topaz colours are going up on the canopy! Partial completed at the mo...

Lemybrien on the waterford to cork road has a great Applegreen 2ish years built,and its nowhere near a motorway...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

pegasus1 wrote: »
    Lemybrien on the waterford to cork road has a great Applegreen 2ish years built,and its nowhere near a motorway...

Certainly correct on that and its an awful handy outlet to stop into on the way to Clonea Strand for camping :)

Also if you look at Apple Greens website and look at their service station locations the vast majority are not on motorways or even near them

http://applegreenstores.com/ie/locations

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

screamer wrote: »
    Regarding the Hebron turn they need to do the same as mc Donalds bollard the middle of the road and force traffic left and down to the roundabout. I can never understand idiots trying to turn right out of that place I go left around the roundabout and on past them as they sit there trying to turn right...........

You calling me an 'Idiot'???? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

The one in Irishtown changed to Top.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Callan rd station is now open again and it's Topaz :) Spar and Super macs are still there

Autosport wrote: »
    Callan rd station is now open again and it's Topaz :) Spar and Super macs are still there

Its a great shop but man its a pain in the hole that the forecourt is so small, people park like idiots around it constantly blocking people in. I very rarely use it for this reason

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Cabaal wrote: »
    Its a great shop but man its a pain in the hole that the forecourt is so small, people park like idiots around it constantly blocking people in. I very rarely use it for this reason

People parking like idiots, I don't believe you.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Cabaal wrote: »

I don't think the forecourt is particularly small - it's more that it is a really busy spot.

Advertisement