Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changed health insurance scheme - can I claim off old scheme?

• 17-01-2016 1:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭

I was insured with Laya Healthcare and I was paying for it myself.

I started a new job mid 2015. Their employee health insurer is Laya too so I changed from my old policy to the company policy.

Is it possible for me to claim from my old policy for medical expenses incurred in 2015 before I started my new job?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭Spocker

Yes, of course it is, they will pay based on the policy in place at the time of the procedure/cost - Laya should be able to handle this automatically for you, once you send in the relevant details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,504 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Decos wrote: »
    I started a new job mid 2015. Their employee health insurer is Laya too so I changed from my old policy to the company policy.

Is it possible for me to claim from my old policy for medical expenses incurred in 2015 before I started my new job?

Just so you know, VHI have a time limit for submitting claims which is three months from the renewal date meaning that if you renew on April 1st, you have until the end of June to submit claims for the 12 months to the end of March.

Your personal policy with Laya terminated in 'mid-2015' so you may need to get moving in case they have a similar time limit on claims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

Thanks for the info guys.

I think ive missed the boat on this one. From some research it appears Laya have a 6 month limit on claiming so I dont think ill get it but ill give them a ring to confirm, just in case.

Advertisement