Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Enlarged lymph nodes in dog

• 17-01-2016 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi I have a labrador (mixed possibly with a red setter) he's about 11/12 years old, he had quite a lot of lumps all over his belly, brought him to 2 different vets both said they were enlarged lymph nodes and to just keep an eye on them encase they get bigger but problem is there is 5/6 of them and are all different sizes so it's hard to remember if they have gotten bigger or not. Also I always thought enlarged nodes were a sign of a problem somewhere else in the body? Any advice? He is in good form otherwise.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Hi I have a labrador (mixed possibly with a red setter) he's about 11/12 years old, he had quite a lot of lumps all over his belly, brought him to 2 different vets both said they were enlarged lymph nodes and to just keep an eye on them encase they get bigger but problem is there is 5/6 of them and are all different sizes so it's hard to remember if they have gotten bigger or not. Also I always thought enlarged nodes were a sign of a problem somewhere else in the body? Any advice? He is in good form otherwise.

Get a second opinion and ask for a biopsy to be done. I lost my dog in September to lymphoma. The first thing we noticed with him was the nodes in his neck swollen, the vet had her suspicions from the offset and done a biopsy and sure enough it was lymphoma. Hopefully your vet has ruled this out already and is just fighting an infection.

How is his appetite and energy levels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I always take pics on my phone when there's a wound etc I want to keep an eye on..not sure if it's work for lumps like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Scaredy_Cat

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Get a second opinion and ask for a biopsy to be done. I lost my dog in September to lymphoma. The first thing we noticed with him was the nodes in his neck swollen, the vet had her suspicions from the offset and done a biopsy and sure enough it was lymphoma. Hopefully your vet has ruled this out already and is just fighting an infection.

How is his appetite and energy levels?

He is fine no change in appetite or energy, sorry to hear about your dog, did he have symptoms? These lumps are all down on his belly not sure if that matters with lymphoma? I already got 2 opinions with what I would call very professional vets, I may go back to the one we use the most as they are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Scaredy_Cat

tk123 wrote: »
    I always take pics on my phone when there's a wound etc I want to keep an eye on..not sure if it's work for lumps like that?

No you wouldn't see the lumps only feel them under the skin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

These could well be just fatty lumps, I would have thought lymphoma would go deeper. Do get a biopsy done to check for lymphoma.

• Advertisement
Advertisement