Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community Gardens in Sligo

Options
  • 17-01-2016 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

If anybody on here has an interest in starting there home vegetable garden, I would highly recommend starting one of the many Community Gardens in the Sligo area. I was how I started a few years ago & now I am flying away with my own home vegetable garden. Its a great way to learn where to start as well as meet people. I still go myself because it's a nice atmosphere & a good social scene.
    It should be starting up again in mid/late spring, It can cost 50/60 euro to take part for the year, with those funds going towards seed, tools, compost etc but you will get that back in produce throughout the growing season. There is usually a once a week meet up, for about 2-3 hours with a tea. coffee, cake & biscuit break included.
    I recommended it highly getting involved, here their facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/Community-Gardens-Sligo-652135104888259/?hc_location=ufi

Advertisement