Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi as a new owner of a second hand house where do I stand if I want to open an accoun

Options
  • 17-01-2016 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Charles 1412,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.
    Hi as a new owner of a second hand house where do I stand if I want to open an accoun
    As long as the gas or electricity is already connected, you will just need the following information:
    • Your gas and/or electricity meter reading.
    • Your MPRN for electricity or GPRN for gas.
    • Your Electric Ireland account number from your previous address if applicable.
    • The meter reading from the date that you are responsible.
    • Proof of ownership may be required.
    We also need to make you aware that all new customers or those who have not held an account within the past two years must either sign up for direct debit or pay a security deposit of €300.

If you opt for direct debit you may also be eligible for discounts. You can view all of our discounts here or you can call our colleagues in the Sales department on 1850 305 095.

If the supply is disconnected, a reconnection fee will be required depending if you are referring to gas or electricity. If the electricity has been been disconnected for two years or more, you will need to contact ESB Networks directly on 1850 372 757. Likewise, if you do not have an active GPRN number for gas, you will need contact Gas Networks Ireland on 1850 200 694.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement