Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North facing house design -HELP!

• 17-01-2016 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all

My wife and I are in the process of drawing up plans for our house. A storey and a half house. The site we have would mean the front of the house is North facing (v slightly north east actually). Has anyone any experience in a layout for this orientation? or even any tips for good design? Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Put all habitable rooms to the rear

Bathrooms, entrance, stairs, utility, plant room (tank/Mvhr) to the front/north

• Registered Users Posts: 28 t.kc

BryanF wrote: »
    Put all habitable rooms to the rear

Bathrooms, entrance, stairs, utility, plant room (tank/Mvhr) to the front/north

I know that's best but can't see how to make the front of the house look nice if there's bathrooms etc there! Cheers for reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Hiya t.kc

how are you getting on with this?

I may be in a similar predicament though not at the design stage yet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

t.kc wrote: »
    I know that's best but can't see how to make the front of the house look nice if there's bathrooms etc there! Cheers for reply

That's where the Architects/Technicians experience comes in ;)

Advertisement