Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New customer query

Options
  • 17-01-2016 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

I signed up to one of your packages (efiber broadband and telephone) just over a week ago and received your modem in the mail on Thursday evening. 

I haven't plugged the modem in yet to test, however, I have just noticed that the one and only telephone socket in the house is one of the really old and faded beige Telecom Eireann ones, along with equally old wiring to match. 

To be honest, looking at it, i'm not sure if it's even still working - It's an old enough house, around 30 or so years old, and I know the previous owner had disconnected the phone line some 2+ years ago.

Do you folks send out someone to replace the old socket with one of the new ones?

Thanks,

Steven

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hello,

I signed up to one of your packages (efiber broadband and telephone) just over a week ago and received your modem in the mail on Thursday evening. 

I haven't plugged the modem in yet to test, however, I have just noticed that the one and only telephone socket in the house is one of the really old and faded beige Telecom Eireann ones, along with equally old wiring to match. 

To be honest, looking at it, i'm not sure if it's even still working - It's an old enough house, around 30 or so years old, and I know the previous owner had disconnected the phone line some 2+ years ago.

Do you folks send out someone to replace the old socket with one of the new ones?

Thanks,

Steven
    Hi MayorSteven

We will be unable to confirm if the socket works until you have tested it with eir a land line phone or modem - please attach a phone or modem to it to see if you can make calls or get online - if you can't this will need to logged up as a "failed EE" (failed electronic enablement) Where a case is sent to engineers to fix up the socket so that you can get online. To report a failed EE please contact eir technical support on Free phone 1901 (option 2) or via WebChat at www.eir.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement