Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a physio in Kilkenny city please

Options
  • 17-01-2016 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

As per title, it's for a sports injury. I haven't had to visit a physio before. I'm sure they're all fine, are there any particularly well known/reputable ones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

T L wrote: »
    As per title, it's for a sports injury. I haven't had to visit a physio before. I'm sure they're all fine, are there any particularly well known/reputable ones?

Martin Phelan of marble city physiotherapy. They have a website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Kilkenny Physiotherapy Clinic, 7 Maudlin street. I've been there over the years for my back, neck, torn tendons. Great treatment and advice, and they won't keep you going back forever, I wouldn't go anywhere else. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Formosa

+1 to Martin Phelan. I'm a physical wreck and he has always cured me of the latest afflictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭pat k

John kearns he is v v good , the pysio for the kilkenny hurlers , hes on facebook or pm for no .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Would also recommend Martin Phelan. Thorough gent. Played senior hurling for the Village and underage for Kilkenny so he's got a good sporting pedigree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

citykat wrote: »
    Would also recommend Martin Phelan. Thorough gent. Played senior hurling for the Village and underage for Kilkenny so he's got a good sporting pedigree.

+1 Martin aswell. Excellent physio-got me back to my feet quickly after I tore my ACL and had to have operation on it. A gentleman also. My wife was there with Mia (Martin's wife) and found her to be excellent likewise

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭T L

Thanks all, much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kamc

I have been visiting Martin Phelan for a few sessions now and he has recommended custom orthotics. Has anyone else gotten these from Martin. Are they good quality and do they last? He quoted me 300 euro so I would like to have an idea before I go ahead with them. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

kamc wrote: »
    I have been visiting Martin Phelan for a few sessions now and he has recommended custom orthotics. Has anyone else gotten these from Martin. Are they good quality and do they last? He quoted me 300 euro so I would like to have an idea before I go ahead with them. Thanks!

I've had to get orthotics for kids, from another physio, which while not as expensive were pricey enough. Also they'll only last a year or so due to growth. For that price you should be getting good quality and as long as your feet aren't growing, you should get a few years out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I was quoted 275 in Carlow, and 290 in Kilkenny for orthotics. I went for the Kilkenny orthotics, well worth the money to be pain free.

• Advertisement
Advertisement