Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk no longer delivering some games to Ireland

Options
  • 17-01-2016 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

Anyone encountered this or know anything about it? I tried ordering Twilight Princess HD with the wolf Amiibo on Wii U the other day, and was informed the item could not be sent to Ireland. A thread on Neogaf has also highlighted this new issue. Other game items affected include Life Is Strange on PS4, and certain Wii U bundles.

I buy most of my games online, so this is a disappointing development.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I ordered Twilight Princess this morning using Parcel Motel, so you could possibly use that if its available to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

Yes, that's an option. But it's additional cost (albeit small) and hassle, given that Amazon will deliver just about anything else to Ireland free if the order is valued at £25 or over.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Radiosonde wrote: »
    Anyone encountered this or know anything about it? I tried ordering Twilight Princess HD with the wolf Amiibo on Wii U the other day, and was informed the item could not be sent to Ireland. A thread on Neogaf has also highlighted this new issue. Other game items affected include Life Is Strange on PS4, and certain Wii U bundles.

I buy most of my games online, so this is a disappointing development.

You sure it's direct from amazon and not a third party seller?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Is it Amazon themselves or a third party seller?

Edit: beaten to it

100% sure it is from Amazon themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Yes there was a thread about this on neogaf the other day in fact. Parcel motel it?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1171134

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Games_top

Own-goal by Amazon UK here, though perhaps the Irish retailers might be whining about their sales being affected. I could almost imagine Gamestop using this as an excuse for their fall in trade lately (I checked in multiple stores, and all confirmed that 2016 is way behind 2015 in terms of sales).

Dirt Rally on PS4 cannot be shipped to Ireland, yet Sebastien Loeb Rally can be.

Not sure what Amazon are trying to pull here, but they need to get it sorted ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

I noticed this for Bloodborne GOTY Edition about a fortnight ago. The restriction seems to have been lifted now, but I was wondering what had caused it. I initially thought it might have been a certification issue.

Realistically it wouldn't be an extra cost. You'll likely save money on postage when sent to the likes of Parcel Wizard/Parcel Motel, because it's being sent to UK as opposed to Ireland, and then just an extra €3.80-.90, depending on who you use, so it'll either work out the same price or slightly cheaper.. And just means you can actually get it.

I'm not sure if they're still doing it, but PW were offering the first three deliveries free of charge. Have used them twice so far and found them excellent. Usually I'd use PM, but there isn't a self service machine near me, so PW is easier in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

there is an extension out now that excludes sellers that don't deliver to Ireland, can't remember the name of it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Realistically it wouldn't be an extra cost. You'll likely save money on postage when sent to the likes of Parcel Wizard/Parcel Motel, because it's being sent to UK as opposed to Ireland, and then just an extra €3.80-.90, depending on who you use, so it'll either work out the same price or slightly cheaper.. And just means you can actually get it.

If the order is over £25 from Amazon they deliver it free to Ireland, so it is an extra cost to send to Parcelmotel.

abbir wrote: »
    If the order is over £25 from Amazon they deliver it free to Ireland, so it is an extra cost to send to Parcelmotel.

Really? I don't think that's true. Does it depend on the item? Do you mean if it's purchased through Amazon itself and not through an individual seller? Just checked a random item.. Binoculars costing £32 and it was quoting me a £7 P&P charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Really? I don't think that's true. Does it depend on the item? Do you mean if it's purchased through Amazon itself and not through an individual seller? Just checked a random item.. Binoculars costing £32 and it was quoting me a £7 P&P charge.

If it is from Amazon itself or "Fulfilled by Amazon" and they will deliver the item to Ireland, then you can get free delivery if the total order is over £25. It's one of the reasons I order from Amazon so often.

This thread is about games actually being shipped by Amazon but they won't deliver certain games to Ireland (such as Twilight Princess with the Amiibo and Bloodborne GOTY edition) even though in the past they would ship all games to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭pawrick

It's the same with pc parts and lots of other household stuff. Someone on boards was talking about it before when trying to order pc gear and went through he customer service reps but got nowhere ultimately when they pointed out that some items were ok and some weren't even from the same manufacturer. It's irritating seeing how random it appears to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,003 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Just use Parcel Motel, that way you can get it sent to their depo in the north using UK free shipping and then parcel motel will deliver it down to your nearest collection point in the south, also helps save MASSIVELY on delivery costs from the UK

VinLieger wrote: »
    Just use Parcel Motel, that way you can get it sent to their depo in the north using UK free shipping and then parcel motel will deliver it down to your nearest collection point in the south, also helps save MASSIVELY on delivery costs from the UK

To clarify, with Free Super Saver delivery (which games from Amazon qualify for) on orders over £25, there is no charge on delivery to Ireland. Parcel Motel is an additional cost, not a saving.

Amazon are my main go-to when getting console games, and have been for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Since they started using Asendia for deliveries I have stopped using them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lulzordan

lertsnim wrote:
    Since they started using Asendia for deliveries I have stopped using them.

All of my deliveries have been with an post so far, except for one that was shipped with ups from France.

So yeah, being able to get the games at 60 or less was pretty good, hopefully it actually did get fixed like someone said

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

lulzordan wrote: »
    All of my deliveries have been with an post so far, except for one that was shipped with ups from France.

Lucky you. I've had three deliveries with Asendia and none of them arrived. It's a common complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

pasta-solo wrote: »
    I ordered Twilight Princess this morning using Parcel Motel, so you could possibly use that if its available to you.

I set up Parcel Motel and I ordered it too.

Easy process to be fair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

lertsnim wrote: »
    Lucky you. I've had three deliveries with Asendia and none of them arrived. It's a common complaint.

Mine have arrived, but have had to wait anywhere between 14 and 21 days, a friend of mine had to wait over a month for Mario Maker, Amazon.de though seem to still be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

lertsnim wrote: »

Do you know how to check if they are the courier? I have a pre-order with Amazon (Jersey) for the division but don't see how it is to be delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Games_top

lulzordan wrote: »

So yeah, being able to get the games at 60 or less was pretty good, hopefully it actually did get fixed like someone said

Afraid not; Dirt Rally on PS4 is still blocked from being sent to Ireland. Call me Mr. Paranoid, but I smell a rat here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,003 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Radiosonde wrote: »
    To clarify, with Free Super Saver delivery (which games from Amazon qualify for) on orders over £25, there is no charge on delivery to Ireland. Parcel Motel is an additional cost, not a saving.

Amazon are my main go-to when getting console games, and have been for years.

I was referring parcel motel to be used when amazon won't deliver to ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

I had this issue with Amazon a few weeks ago, ps4 gtav bundle can't be sent but ps4 black ops 3 can so I bought that and gtav separately!?

I tried several times asking Amazon why this was the case and they could only direct me to their standard answer of some things can and some things can't be sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 bluetomato

I honestly think that these are mistakes, I've had this happen loads of times in the past year with Amazon for games, toys or even items of clothes, they can't deliver the size 6 to Ireland but they will deliver all the other sizes here??? It's really infuriating because I've contacted them a few times about certain things and they just throw out the line that some things can't be sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just seen they can deliver the Division to Ireland but not the Gold Edition apparently, which is odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭StudentDad

*Not directly related to this thread*

I'm fed up of the discrepancy between Microsoft Marketplace Ireland and UK. TV shows readily available on the UK version are not available at all on the Irish version. Set your location to UK and there it is. It's bloody annoying. Is it a licencing issue or something else?

SD

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

StudentDad wrote: »
    *Not directly related to this thread*

I'm fed up of the discrepancy between Microsoft Marketplace Ireland and UK. TV shows readily available on the UK version are not available at all on the Irish version. Set your location to UK and there it is. It's bloody annoying. Is it a licencing issue or something else?

SD

Yup,

Licencing issue unfortunately....

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Just seen they can deliver the Division to Ireland but not the Gold Edition apparently, which is odd.

for that one is says "Currently unavailable.
    We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

Advertisement