Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk no longer delivering some games to Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭StudentDad

Fieldog wrote: »
    Yup,

Licencing issue unfortunately....

It grinds my gears though. 'Oh you live in ROI, no you can't have that.' Or if it is available the price is ridiculous compared to other jurisdictions.

SD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

StudentDad wrote: »
    It grinds my gears though. 'Oh you live in ROI, no you can't have that.' Or if it is available the price is ridiculous compared to other jurisdictions.

SD

Yep, this is why I think we're better off not having an Ireland-specific Amazon. Once we're separate from the UK market, we'll have higher prices, less choice, and no free delivery from the UK Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Bravely Second: End Layer has the "Sorry, we can't deliver this item to Ireland", its sold by Amazon as well, not a third party.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭StudentDad

animaal wrote: »
    Yep, this is why I think we're better off not having an Ireland-specific Amazon. Once we're separate from the UK market, we'll have higher prices, less choice, and no free delivery from the UK Amazon.

It seems to run right across the board though. Take cars as an example. You want car x with a particular engine. Nope forget it. Sure you can hop the border, but again why should you have to? Oh you want wheels with that? They're extra!

SD

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Yeah it's saying it on Arslan: The Warriors of Legend, Nitroplus Blasterz, Megadimension Neptunia and Gravity Rush remastered

seems like almost all new games will have this and it isnt a mistake, what a mess, used to do a lot of my game shopping with Amazon

• Advertisement

Where is this coming from ? Publishers and license holders? Can't imagine amazon wouldn't want to sell given a choice.

I wouldn't be buying at the moment given the loss of the last 3 orders I had with them and Asendia farce or could that have something to do with it even?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Is there any decent alternative for games, with free delivery and that ship in cardboard like Amazon instead of those plastic bag things?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Where is this coming from ? Publishers and license holders? Can't imagine amazon wouldn't want to sell given a choice.

I wouldn't be buying at the moment given the loss of the last 3 orders I had with them and Asendia farce or could that have something to do with it even?

Probably due to too many games going missing in the post to Ireland because of Asendia.

It's just better to use Amazon.de anymore, never had any issues, they are nearly always cheaper and do not seem to use Asendia, I have not had one delay or issue with them, they stock far more collectors issues of games than the UK site as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Just seen they can deliver the Division to Ireland but not the Gold Edition apparently, which is odd.

They can deliver the standard edition and the god damned expensive Sleeper Agent edition, but not the Gold edition. Got on to customer support:
    Initial Question: So, I'm a resident of Republic Of Ireland. I was looking at ordering The Division for PS4. I was hoping to get the Gold Edition, as that has the season pass included. Turns out, the Gold Edition is the only one I CANNOT get delivered to Ireland. Oh sure, I can order the more expensive Sleeper Agent edition, which has physical items to ship also, without any issue, or the standard edition. I would like to order this with the season pass, but I don't want to be forced into ordering a more expensive version just so I can get the season pass. Nice one Amazon.

02:45 PM GMT Jeffrey(Amazon): Hello, my name is Jeffrey. I’ll be glad to help you today.
    02:46 PM GMT Jeffrey: Could you please help me with the name of the item which you are referring to ?
    02:47 PM GMT Jeffrey: May I know are you referring to "Tom Clancy's The Division - Gold Edition (PS4)" ?
    02:48 PM GMT Me: Thats the one yes
    02:48 PM GMT Jeffrey: Thank you.
    02:49 PM GMT Jeffrey: I understand that the gold edition cannot be delivered to your address, am I correct ?
    02:51 PM GMT Me: yes, though the other two editions, including the more expensive Sleeper Agent, with physical items in the box, can be shipped. Makes absolutely no sense. The standard edition can be shipped, the only difference in the Gold edition also eincludes the season pass.
    02:52 PM GMT Jeffrey: Thank you for confirming.
    Amazon.co.uk can dispatch many items to virtually any address in the world.
    However, we can't send certain products to certain locations for operational and regulatory reasons.

02:54 PM GMT Me: If thats the case, then I should not be able to order the more expensive Sleeper Agent edition. That too has the season pass. The Gold edition is the same physical size as the standard edition, the only difference is it contains a small card inside with a season pass code, the same type of card that can be found in the more expensive and larger Sleeper Agent edition
    02:56 PM GMT Jeffrey: I certainly understand your concern.
    Thank you for highlighting this. I will take this as feedback and forward it to our concerned team so that they will look into this and take necessary actions accordingly.

• Advertisement

They can deliver the standard edition and the god damned expensive Sleeper Agent edition, but not the Gold edition. Got on to customer support:

You might want to edit that to remove your name Knave.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seems to just be some kind of bug. They had the same thing for twilight princess bundle but now it can be delivered while the standalone game can't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

It's so insulting when they give you this cut and paste response. The agent would have gotten a similar response from his manager. Neither of them really giving a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Not too sure what they would be like with regards to delivery prices, but The Games Collection are excellent for game prices. Far more competitive than Amazon recently. If you have/use Parcel Motel (even if you don't), I'd highly recommend you check them out as an alternative.

Glico Man wrote: »
    Not too sure what they would be like with regards to delivery prices, but The Games Collection are excellent for game prices. Far more competitive than Amazon recently. If you have/use Parcel Motel (even if you don't), I'd highly recommend you check them out as an alternative.

I have been using the Game Collection a lot in the last 12 months, depending on how soon I want a game, I go between them, VGP and Amazon.de.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Most of the stuff I'm seeing that won't ship are pre-orders, anyone seen any that has been released and won't ship here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Ordered a few games on sunday, no problem with my Irish address. still haven't dispatched though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Varik wrote: »
    Most of the stuff I'm seeing that won't ship are pre-orders, anyone seen any that has been released and won't ship here.

If it is just pre-orders, then why not ALL pre-orders, especially all pre-orders of the same game?

Going back to my post re The Division, you can pre-order the Special Agent Edition, which is quite pricey and bulky considering it has physical items inclulded (Watch, Arm strap). You can also order the Standard Edition, which is physically the exact same size as the Gold Edition, which you cannot order. The only difference between these two editions is the Gold includes the Season Pass. If that's why you cannot order the Gold, why then can you order the Special Agent? That too has the Season Pass. It's just seems to be too random with no believable reasoning behind their decision.

sweetie wrote: »
    Ordered a few games on sunday, no problem with my Irish address. still haven't dispatched though.

If they are coming via Asendia you could be waiting a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Varik wrote: »

Bloodborne Game of the Year and This War of Mine just for a couple off my wishlist

• Advertisement

Sieghardt wrote: »
    Bloodborne Game of the Year and This War of Mine just for a couple off my wishlist

Well Bloodborne GOTY is €30 on PSN until midnight, unless you have a preference for discs or are unable to download you would probably be better getting it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Xenji wrote: »
    If they are coming via Asendia you could be waiting a few weeks.

Got a stick of ram 5 days before it was due from them.

Didnt work but still 5 days earlier then expected :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I have made contact with the customer service manager regarding this recent development.
    Dear Mr ******,

My name is Marcin Cieplak and I work within Amazon Executive Customer Relations. The Amazon UK Services Ltd Director of Customer Service, Martin Haas, received your e-mail and asked that I respond on his behalf.

Please accept my apologies for the difficulties with the video games. Thank you for taking the time to inform us of this matter.

Please know that your comments have been highlighted to the correct team internally and this issue is now being investigated. I will update you as soon as possible.

I apologise for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Advertisement