Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on TTC issue with heavy period

Options
  • 17-01-2016 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm looking for some advice from anyone really. My husband and I have decided to start trying to conceive. After our first month of trying my period arrive 4 days early (on day 24) and I still have it 6 days later which is unusual for me. I also have cramps and before it arrived I have what I think was a dull pain on the lower right hand side (possible ovary pain). on day 6 it still feels like I'm on day one.

My cycle is normally 28 days and usually lasts about 3 days.

I'm wondering if I should wait it out or go to the doctor? I got vitex tincture today which is supposed to regulate hormones so hopefully that will help. Any advise is much appreciated!

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

You need to go see a doctor to be honest. The internet is not going to give you an answer.

If you've just come off hormonal contraceptive then you can expect your first few cycles to be settling down. But if you want to conceive a healthy baby, then you need to start taking your reproductive health seriously.

So, to that end, if you have unexplained or unfamiliar pain, or a change in your cycle that cannot be attributed to changes in hormonal medications or treatments, go to a doctor before you start messing around with unregulated herbal stuff.

The only stuff you should be taking when TTC is folic acid, maybe a multivitamin, and medications prescribed by a doctor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement