Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michel Thomas style of learning Irish

Options
  • 17-01-2016 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi,

I learned French and German initially using Michel Thomas and it really gave me a great head start. I'm not aware that he produced Irish lessons and therefore wonder if anybody knows a really excellent self teach product that's similar in style to his? I've to learn Irish from scratch in 18 months to do Irish as a subject for the Leaving Cert (Hons). I prefer using his system because I don't really like class learning so much until I'm already fairly proficient.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

soapbloggs wrote: »
    Hi,

I learned French and German initially using Michel Thomas and it really gave me a great head start. I'm not aware that he produced Irish lessons and therefore wonder if anybody knows a really excellent self teach product that's similar in style to his? I've to learn Irish from scratch in 18 months to do Irish as a subject for the Leaving Cert (Hons). I prefer using his system because I don't really like class learning so much until I'm already fairly proficient.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I've heard the Pimseluer method is good. I'm not sure how close it is to the Michel Thomas method however: http://www.pimsleur.com/learn-irish

Duolingo's pretty good too! Maybe give that a try :)

Advertisement