Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alternatives to renting?? ideas please

Options
  • 17-01-2016 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi, I Have a friend, (actually do...not a euphamism for me) . Asked me for help/advice..but im at a loss for ideas. Hes 40, brought a house during boom with a barely affordable mortgage now.
    About to split with wife after a number of years coz constant arguing. ( isnt that what marriage is?).
    Hes on a low paid job now since recession. He doesnt want a council house in a estate..has maybe enough scrapping the barrel for 400pm inc utilities and food in nth cork area..keeps wondering about laws and regulations on houseboats or mobilehomes..campervans etc...dunno what to be saying?? Suggested renting with othrs, but he did that all thru 20s and early 30s...anyone any helpful ideas or advice. Thanks

Comments

Advertisement